This keto chicken soup is ultra creamy and packed with flavorful garlic chicken, vegetables, and fresh herbs. Make the best low carb soup in less than 30 minutes for a quick weeknight dinner that everyone will love. Serve with freshly chopped parsley for a boost of flavors and your family will ask for seconds.
While I’m all about posting super simple keto recipes, I also love to meal prep, so this shredded chicken soup will last in your refrigerator for five days making it perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
I love to serve it with my flaxseed bread toasted in butter and with tons of fresh chopped parsley on top. You should try it because the combo is the BOMB.
Soups are usually easy to make and this creamy low carb soup is probably the easiest one. You can use bone broth instead of chicken broth to increase even more the nutrients.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Is Chicken Soup Keto?
- Ingredients for the Keto Chicken Soup
- How To Thicken This Keto Soup?
- How to Make Low Carb Chicken Soup on the Stove
- Low Carb Keto Chicken Soup Variations
- Tips For Making The Best Low Carb Chicken Soup
- How Can I Store Keto Chicken Soup
- More Low Carb Keto Soup Recipes
- Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s extremely easy to make in under 30 minutes, so it’s perfect if you are terribly busy.
- Perfect for meal prep as it stays fresh for up 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Super filling and delicious
If you’re like me and don’t have hours daily to spend in the kitchen this recipe is for you.
Chicken soup is a great mood booster while being super nutritious, comforting, the perfect keto soup when sick.
This soup recipe is naturally keto-friendly and low in carbs. If you want to know how to make a creamy chicken soup that needs only common ingredients, and it’s ready in under 30 minutes, you have to try this recipe.
Is Chicken Soup Keto?
Is chicken soup keto-friendly? Yes, but it depends on the ingredients used. Some vegetables have more carbs than others, and certain chicken soups can indeed have more carbs. This low carb chicken soup can fit your meal plan even if you count carbs.
This keto shredded chicken soup has 4 grams net carbs per serving, which is one cup and a half. The unique thing about this soup is that most of the carbs come from veggies and cream cheese. It’s the best chicken soup you’ll ever make.
Ingredients for the Keto Chicken Soup
You’ll need only a few low carb ingredients such as:
- Shredded chicken – You can buy it or make the shredded chicken at home. That’s so easy and probably the whole process with take up to one extra hour.
- Chicken Broth – Use any broth you prefer. I love to use chicken broth, but you can use vegetable broth or bone broth as well.
- Garlic and Onion– Fresh minced Garlic is the key to this recipe. It adds so much flavor, and it goes perfectly with the creamy taste. The caramelized onion adds a specific sweetness to the soup.
- Heavy cream – no creamy soup is complete without a touch of heavy cream.
- Cream cheese – makes the soup ultra creamy and silky.
- Vegetables – For this soup, I chose celery, and zucchini because of their close to the white color and the neutral taste. It gives the soup a nice texture, but you can use any low carb vegetables you like.
- Seasonings – I like to keep it simple here and only add salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add garlic powder or something spicy if you feel like it
How To Thicken This Keto Soup?
The soup won’t be thick as we don’t add any flours or starches to it. There are a few ways you can make the soup thicker.
Sometimes I like to add xanthan gum, but I tend to omit it as is not 100% natural. You’ll need only 1/2 tsp mixed with water then thrown in the soup to make it thick. Use more or less depending on how thick you want your soup.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Soup on the Stove
The instructions on how to make chicken soup on the stove are reasonably simple. It’s the quickest recipe. Here’s everything you need to do:
- First, you’ll need to gather all the ingredients and chop all the vegetables – onion, celery, zucchini in small pieces.
- Then, caramelize the garlic and onion in a soup pot until fragrant.
- Add the broth, zucchini, and celery and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Continue by adding the shredded chicken, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth; Pour the cream cheese mixture to the chicken soup and stir well to combine.
- Serve hot with parsley and garlic-infused oil. You optionally add chili flakes if you want a spicy keto soup. Grate some Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Soup Variations
In this soup recipe, you can use any leftover part of the chicken. I used leftover shredded chicken breast, but roasted chicken tighs will definitely add so much flavor.
Use your favorite vegetables. Most vegetables are keto-friendly, so you can add broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, or baby spinach leaves for some extra nutrients.
Basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano are some of my favorites to add to this soup.
Tips For Making The Best Low Carb Chicken Soup
- Feel free to add some spinach or kale to boost the nutrients.
- You can use your rotisserie chicken leftovers.
- Replace the chicken breast with shredded boneless chicken thighs cooked in the same way
How Can I Store Keto Chicken Soup
- Fridge – Keep soup leftovers refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer – You will be surprised to find out that you can also freeze your soup. All you have to do is pour soup into freezer bags and keep it in the freezer for up to one month.
More Low Carb Keto Soup Recipes
If you’re looking for more keto soup recipes, you can try my other soup recipes.
- Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
- In a soup pot melt the butter and saute the garlic and the onion for 2-3 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, chopped zucchini, and celery and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream until smooth; Pour into the chicken soup. Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined and the cream cheese melted.
- Serve hot with flaxseed bread, parsley and drizzle garlic infused oil. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: