This super creamy and flavored garlic keto soup with shredded chicken is comforting and will instantly become one of your favorite comfort meals.
While I’m all about posting super simple keto recipes, I also love to meal prep, so this shredded chicken soup will last in your refrigerator for five days making it perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
I love to serve it with my flaxseed bread toasted in butter and with tons of fresh chopped parsley on top. You should try it because the combo is the BOMB.
Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
Soups are usually easy to make and this creamy low carb soup is probably the easiest one. You can use bone broth instead of the chicken broth to increase even more nutrients.
It takes more or less 30 minutes to prepare, so it’s perfect to make even if you are terribly busy. If you’re like me and don’t have hours daily to spend in the kitchen this recipe is for you.
Ingredients for the keto chicken soup
You’ll need only a few low carb ingredients such as:
- Shredded chicken – You can buy it or make the shredded chicken at home. That’s so easy and probably the whole process with take up to one extra hour.
- Chicken Broth
- Garlic – Fresh minced Garlic is the key to this recipe. It adds so much, and it goes perfectly with the creamy taste.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Vegetables – For this soup, I chose onion, celery, and zucchini because of their close to the white color and the neutral taste. It gives the soup a nice texture, but you can use any low carb vegetables you like.
- Seasonings – I like to keep it simple here and only add salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add garlic powder or something spicy if you feel like it
The soup won’t be thick as we don’t add any flours or starches to it. There are a few ways you can make the soup thicker.
Sometimes I like to add xanthan gum, but I tend to omit it as is not 100% natural. You’ll need only 1/2 tsp mixed with water then thrown in the soup to make it thick. Use more or less depending on how thick you want your soup.
Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
- In a soup pot melt the butter and saute the garlic and the onion for 2-3 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, chopped zucchini, and celery and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream until smooth; Pour into the chicken soup. Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined and the cream cheese melted.
- Serve hot with flaxseed bread, parsley and drizzle garlic infused oil. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don't raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.