This White Chicken Chili is a flavorful, rich, and creamy low carb soup. It’s super easy to whip up for a satisfying and filling dinner. It’s so good, I’m sure there won’t be any leftovers, but it’s a freezer-friendly meal.
My thing is I love meals that are easy to make, and everyone enjoys eating. For us, it’s mandatory to have some soup daily for lunch or dinner. We just love eating soup every day because it’s a fantastic meal that can be reheated fast.
The classic keto chili has a special place in my heart with all that juicy beef and tender veggies, but this low carb white chicken version is what you need to try next.
What are the Ingredients for White Chicken Chili?
This chicken chili is made without beans of corn because we’re trying to keep things low carb. It’s still a very flavorful, creamy recipe made with rotisserie chicken, peppers and cream cheese.
It’s not the classic beef chili but believe me; it’s so filling and scrumptious, perfect for chilly fall nights.
Let’s take a look at all the ingredients you’ll need to make a delicious keto chicken chili:
- Shredded Chicken – Out of convenience I prefer using rotisserie chicken but any leftover chicken it’s perfect if you shred it using a fork. I use chicken breast for this recipe, but chicken thighs are also a fantastic choice.
- Garlic and onion – These two bad boys are key ingredients and bring tons of flavor to this low carb chicken chili.
- Unsalted Butter – Also a key ingredient since everything sautéed in butter it’s so tasty.
- Chicken broth – Chose a low-sodium chicken broth or use a homemade one for even more delicious taste.
- Green chilies – I used a mild version, but you can go for the hot ones. The diced jalapenos make it super spicy.
- Cumin, Paprika, Oregano – my favorite spices and herbs to add.
- Cream cheese and Whipping Cream – gives this soup that creamy touch and the white color we are looking for.
- Lime – Fresh lime juice works best, but you can omit it.
- Cilantro – I love using plenty of cilantro, but if you’re not a fan, skip it.
- Your favorite toppings – I enjoy serving white chicken chili topped with avocado, a dollop of sour cream, keto tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
How to make Creamy White Chili?
This recipe is super simple as chili, in general, is effortless to make.
If you choose to cook raw chicken, you might want to start with that. It will take roughly about 15 minutes. After the chicken is done cooking use a fork and shred it well.
Start by sauteeing the onion, garlic, mild chiles, and jalapenos in some delicious butter to bring together all the flavors. This will take about 5 minutes.
Then add the liquids (chicken broth), herbs, spices and bring to a boil to enhance the flavors.
Next, add the cream cheese and heavy cream to give that creamy texture and beautiful white color.
As you can see, this recipe is easy to make with rotisserie chicken or homemade cooked chicken.
How to Make Crock Pot White Chicken Chili?
This white chicken chili can also be cooked in a crockpot. Here’s what you have to do:
In your Crock-Pot add 1 lb raw chicken, broth, diced onion, garlic, spices, chiles, and diced chili pepper. Sautee the onion, pepper, and garlic before adding to the Crock-Pot for the best flavor. Give it a stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked and it can be shredded with ease. Remember that slow cookers are different, and the cooking time may vary from brand to brand.
Using a fork shred the chicken and add the cream cheese mixture. Stir well and cook on high for 30 minutes more and your Crock Pot white chicken chili is ready to serve.
There are plenty of ideas on how to serve this in the recipe card below.
This chicken chili recipe is freezer-friendly so you can make-ahead and thaw it when ready to serve. This chili recipe lasts for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
The Best Soups Recipes
- Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup – Easy Low Carb Keto Meal
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken* rotisserie or leftover chicken
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 ¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz can mild green chiles chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime Juice
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Shredded White Cheddar
- Sour Cream
- In a large pot, heat the butter over medium-high heat and add the onion, chiles, diced jalapenos, green pepper and sautee for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are softer. Add the garlic and sautee the garlic for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken broth, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Stir the cream cheese mixture into the hot soup.
- Add the shredded chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh lemon juice and cilantro if desired.
- Serve pepper jack cheese, avocado cubes, cilantro, sour cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.