This unstuffed cabbage roll soup packs all the flavor of cabbage rolls, and it can be made easily in the instant pot, slow cooker or on the stove. It’s the perfect low carb dinner because it’s hearty, full of vegetables and fuss-free.
A bowl of warm soup under a cozy blanket is all I need for these cold days.
I love cabbage rolls, but that’s a ton of work involved, and as you know me, I’m a fan of easy recipes.
This deconstructed cabbage rolls soup is budget-friendly and you can feed your family members with a nutrient-dense, delicious meal. Also a dish great for meal prep!
No matter the cooking method this low carb unstuffed cabbage soup it’s effortless to make and packed with tons of flavor.
To make the soup low carb and keto-friendly I don’t use rice. You can use Shirataki Rice or use cauliflower rice instead.
Unstuffed Keto Cabbage Soup Ingredients
- ground beef – Replace to ground turkey or sausage if you prefer a lighter version.
- onion & garlic – adds tons of flavour to this simple cabbage soup.
- olive oil or avocado oil
- beef broth
- diced tomatoes
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasonings: salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, dried basil, dried dill cumin, red pepper flakes.
How to Make Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup?
There are a few basic steps you need to follow if you want a belly-warming bowl of soup that’s full of nutrients and low in carbs.
You’ll need 2 pounds of ground beef, turkey, or pork. For some extra smokey flavor add in a few slices of bacon.
PS: I DESIGNED A KETO PROGRAM TO DELIVER YOU THE FAST RESULTS YOU WANT, REDUCE YOUR BODY FAT, IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH & ENERGY LEVELS. Lose 10-21lbs in the first month.
- Brown the onion, garlic, and beef. Add the chopped cabbage and the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
- To make keto cabbage soup in the Instant Pot, start by sauteeing the veggies and ground beef. Then, use the Soup function, and your soup is ready in 10 minutes. The instructions are very similar if you want to use a slow cooker.
How many Carbs in Keto Cabbage Soup?
The best part of this unstuffed cabbage soup is that there are only 4g net carbs making this a perfect low carb soup. The serving size is about 1 1/2 cup!
Other Low Carb Soup Recipes:
- Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup – Easy Low Carb Keto Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef ground turkey or sausage
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small head cabbage about 12 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon cumin optional
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn on the Instant Pot “Sauté” setting and add olive oil.
- Brown the chopped yellow onion, garlic until translucent (3-4 minutes). Add the ground turkey and sauté frequently stirring until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the chopped cabbage, diced tomatoes, broth, and the seasonings. DON’T STIR!
- Put the lid on the pot, lock it in place and turn the valve to the Sealing position.
- Press the "Cancel" button and then press the "Soup" function. Use the +/- button to set it to 10 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure and complete the soup program.
- Let undisturbed for 8 minutes (natural release), then do a Quick Release for the remaining pressure. This step will take a few more minutes since the Instant Pot is full.
- To do a quick Release use a wooden spoon or a dish towel to push the steam release valve towards the Venting position gently.
- Stir soup, taste and season with more salt, pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve with some delicious keto dinner rolls. Enjoy!
In the Slow Cooker
- In a medium skillet add olive oil and sauté until translucent. Add the ground beef, break apart with a wooden spoon and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain grease.
- Add all the ingredients you the Slow Cooker and place the lid. Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 7-8 hours on LOW.
On the Stove
- In a large soup pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the onions turn clear.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 7-8 minutes until the beef browns.
- Add the cabbage, broth and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and place a lid on the pot.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the cabbage reaches desired consistency.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.