With Cinco de Mayo approaching fast, you may have noticed an increase in demand for fresh, flavorful, and colorful Mexican keto meals. So if you’re tired of the usual tacos and cauliflower rice meals, try one of these 30 delicious and easy low-carb Mexican recipe ideas for Cinco de Mayo.
What Is Cinco De Mayo?
Cinco De Mayo (May 5th) is a holiday in Mexico in commemoration of the Mexican army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. It symbolizes the strength and power of the Mexican Culture. This holiday is celebrated mostly in the USA.
Authentic Mexican Recipes For Cinco De Mayo
- The traditional guacamole – Guacamole is a must-have for every Cinco de Mayo celebration! This mild guacamole is a great way to start a meal.
- Salsa With Tomatoes
- Shrimp ceviche – One of the most delicious appetizers for Cinco de Mayo is Shrimp Ceviche. This seafood recipe with boiling shrimp is influenced by Latin American cuisine and may be made ahead of time.
- Chicken Fajitas
- Taco Soup
- Churros With Chocolate
Ingredients for Keto Cinco De Mayo Recipes
- Avocado – we all love avocados, and you will be glad to know that it is a common ingredient in all types of recipes.
- Peppers – whether you use them in soups or main courses, peppers are a common ingredient that tastes delicious.
- Cream Cheese
- Jalapenos – you can fill them or add them just for a little spicy taste.
- Cilantro – What dish doesn’t look good with a little chopped fresh parsley on top?
- Tortillas – Don’t worry. We don’t talk about those regular tortillas full of carbs. There are keto tortillas that taste extremely delicious as well.
- Taco Seasoning