These Almond flour banana muffins are super fluffy, naturally sweetened, and ready in just 30 minutes. Made only with wholesome ingredients, enjoy them as a healthy treat for breakfast or snack.
When you want something sweet and quick to prepare, the thought often leads you to muffins. And rightly so! They are easy to make and are loved by even the peakiest people. On the blog, you can find tons of keto low carb muffins recipes.
I love baking with almond flour, and recently I’ve started to do more research on gluten-free recipes.
Almond flour is ideal for making these gluten-free muffins that are just as delicious as my almond flour pancakes or almond flour crepes for breakfast. Serve them with a cup of tea or coffee for a more special breakfast!
Besides the fact that these grain-free muffins are delicious, fluffy, and loaded with chocolate, they contain no sugar added or artificial sweeteners. Kids also love almond flour banana muffins.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Almond Flour Banana Muffin Recipe
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins Ingredients
- How To Make Almond Flour Muffins?
- Tips To Make The Best Almond Flour Muffins
- Mix-in Variations
- Storing Ideas
- More Almond Flour Recipes
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Why Are You Going To Love This Almond Flour Banana Muffin Recipe
- They are extremely easy to make.
- Zero added sugar or sweeteners
- Perfect for making them ahead of time.
- They are sugar-free, gluten-free, and grain-free.
Almond Flour Banana Muffins Ingredients
For these healthy muffins, you’ll need just a few wholesome ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Here’s a note on the ingredients:
- Bananas – ripe bananas are used to sweeten these muffins. They are super easy to mash and have the best flavor. For my keto friends, I recommend my keto banana bread recipe.
- Almond Flour – use superfine almond flour, not an almond meal, for the best texture. Coconut flour is not the best substitute for this recipe.
- Eggs – room temperature eggs for the best flavor.
- Vanilla Extract – To make these muffins taste delicious, I recommend using high-quality pure vanilla extract.
- Cinnamon – is optional, but it tastes delicious with banana and chocolate chips.
- Baking Powder – helps these banana muffins become super fluffy and rise beautifully.
- Salt – helps to intensify all the flavors.
- Chocolate Chips – I used sugar-free dark chocolate chips in this recipe.
How To Make Almond Flour Muffins?
These muffins are extremely easy to make, and the result is divine. Here is everything you have to do:
- Prepare the muffin tin: Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper muffin cups.
- Make the muffin batter: Add the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and baking powder to a large bowl. Use a fork to mash the bananas and mix all the ingredients.
- Add almond flour and whisk until combined and a smooth batter forms. Incorporate the chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
- Distribute the batter between 10-12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F or until the muffins look golden brown on top.
Tips To Make The Best Almond Flour Muffins
- Only use ripe bananas because they provide the best flavor and sweetness.
- Make sure that you don’t overmix the batter.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before serving. These banana almond flour muffins are delicious right out of the oven but tend to break apart easier. They will hold their shape better once cold.
Instead of using chocolate chips, here are other great ideas:
- Add some fresh blueberries to the batter.
- You can also substitute the chocolate chips with your favorite chopped nuts.
- Mix in some shredded zucchini to make some delicious zucchini banana muffins.
- Fridge: If you have any leftovers, you can store them covered in them for up to seven days and eat them as a snack.
- Freezer: These muffins can also be stored in the freezer in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. You can thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or reheat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
More Almond Flour Recipes
- Fluffiest Keto Blueberry Pancakes with Almond flour
- Almond Flour Keto Crepes
- The Best Keto Bagels with Almond Flour
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners. Spray the liners with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and baking powder to a large bowl. Use a fork to mash the bananas and mix all the ingredients together. You can also use a food processor or blender.
- Add almond flour and whisk until combined.
- Incorporate chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: