These homemade almond flour keto crepes with cream cheese are delicate with a buttery crisp edge. Enjoy low carb crepes that are super versatile as you can serve them both sweet or savory. For just 2g net carbs each, these crepes taste great and are super pliable!
With only 2g net carbs on each crepe, these gluten-free, sugar-free, and flourless low carb cream cheese crepes are perfect for a delicious breakfast, a fantastic holiday brunch, or even a lunch wrap.
You’ll be in heaven after just one bite. Trust me when I say that it will quickly become your favorite keto crepes recipe.
Crepes are super versatile and fun to eat with your favorite toppings. Folded or rolled up, stuff them with anything you can think of. Keto Nutella, whipped cream and berries, keto jam, or savory filling are so delicious. Only the sky is the limit.
- Are Crepes Keto?
- Ingredients for the Keto Crepes
- How to Make Almond Flour Crepes with Cream Cheese
- Tips to Make the Perfect Keto Crepes
- How to Serve Keto Crepes?
- How to Store Leftovers
- Looking for More Keto Pancake Recipes? Try these:
- Almond Flour Cream Cheese Keto Crepes
Are Crepes Keto?
Unfortunately, crepes aren’t keto-friendly. They’re made using wheat flour, milk and often have a lot of sugar in them.
But with just simple changes to the basic crepe recipe, you can reduce the carbs and have a healthier choice that tastes just like the real ones.
And the proof that the result is delicious is right here in this post. If you try our recipe, you will find out that eating crepes on a keto diet was never more quickly than this.
Ingredients for the Keto Crepes
The ingredients in these gluten-free cream cheese crepes are easy to find and super familiar. You’ll need only 8 ingredients to make this keto dessert:
- Cream cheese – Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start using it.
- Eggs – Use large room temperature large eggs to avoid that eggy taste.
- Almond flour – If you want to have fluffy and light crepes, you need to use superfine blanched almond flour, one of the most common ingredients in keto desserts recipes.
- Granulated Sweetener – This will give the crepes some sweetness and make them more delicious. For savory keto crepes, omit the sweetener and add a pinch of salt.
- Vanilla extract – Use the highest quality vanilla extract you can find. Vanilla is what makes this keto crepes recipe incredibly tasty. Don’t skip vanilla extract.
- Almond milk – Unsweetened milk is necessary, and you can choose your favorite plant-based milk.
- Non-stick cooking spray or Butter – I prefer using an oil spray out of convenience but you can use grass-fed unsalted butter to grease the pan because it makes the creps super buttery.
How to Make Almond Flour Crepes with Cream Cheese
Keto Crepes recipe is incredibly easy to make, and the crepe batter is ready in just a few minutes. The keto crepe batter can be made one day in advance, but I recommend eating crepes right away.
Follow the steps below to make these fantastic crepes:
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, almond flour, sweetener, and a pinch of salt with an electric mixer.
- If the batter looks too thick, you have to add the almond milk.
- Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- And then you can cook them one at a time.
How Long to Cook Keto Crepes
- In an 8 inch skillet, pour ¼ cup of butter into the center of the pan. Twirl the pan so the batter streches on the entire pan. Watch the keto crepe video tutorila to see how I do it .
- Cook them for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- With a spatula, flip the crepe carefully on the other side.
Tips to Make the Perfect Keto Crepes
- Before you start, I recommend taking out the cream cheese from the fridge an hour before using it.
- If you want to have a very smooth batter without lumps, you need to use an electric mixer or a food processor.
- Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes to let the air bubbles disappear.
- Make sure the pan is hot, but not too hot because you will end up with crispy crepes instead of soft ones.
- Grease well the pan!
- Spread the batter as thin as possible for a better texture.
- Gently release all of the edges with a spatula before carfully flipping them on the other side.
How to Serve Keto Crepes?
You can add your favorite toppings to these delicious crepes. Here are some of my favorite combinations.
- Keto Maple Syrup: This syrup has a thick consistency and a sweet, buttery flavor, similar to real maple syrup, that goes perfectly with these keto cream cheese crepes.
- Sweetened cream cheese and low carb fruit– Spread softened cream cheese with erythritol on the insides of the crepes, top with mixed berries, fold and enjoy.
- Homemade Nutella and Strawberries – Fill the crepes with homemade keto Nutella and sliced strawberries for a delectable breakfast or dessert.
- Berries and sugar-free chocolate syrup: Fold your crepes in the way you like it, then pour generously over them sugar-free chocolate syrup and fresh berries.
How to Store Leftovers
- To Freeze – Place parchment sheets between crepes, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill or freeze up until you are craving crepes again. Let the crepes stay at room temperature about an hour before serving.
- To Refrigerate – You can store the leftover crepes in an airtight container. They’ll be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. When ready to enjoy, reheat them in a pan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
Looking for More Keto Pancake Recipes? Try these:
- Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Fluffiest Keto Blueberry Pancakes
- Thick and Fluffy Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes
- The Best Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Almond Flour Cream Cheese Keto Crepes
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, large eggs, almond flour, sweetener, and a pinch of salt. Use an electric mixer to combine all the ingredients together. If the crepes batter looks too thick, add the almond milk and continue mixing. Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes to let the air bubbles disappear. You can blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Just blend on medium-high speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Cook the keto crepes: Grease a 8 inch skillet and set over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, pour ¼ cup of butter or about 3 tablespoons of the batter into the center of the pan. Tilt the pan until the batter covers the skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the edges look cooked. Use a rubber spatula to loosen all the sides and carefully flip the crepe on the other side. Cook for 30 more seconds and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Fill the crepes with your favorite filling ingredients and fold them. Keto crepes are delicious with various toppings such as sugar-free keto syrup, melted chocolate, whipped cream and berries.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: