A super easy five-ingredient keto bread replacement made with fathead dough or mozzarella dough. Enjoy the perfect keto bagels for breakfast or lunch. They are also gluten-free, low in carbs and insanely tasty.
Learn how to make the best keto bagels, by watching the video below.
Ingredients for the keto bagels with fathead dough
Make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated before you proceed to the next step. I prefer to mix the shredded cheese and cream cheese with the almond flour before melting it in the microwave. This way I am sure that all the ingredients are well combined.
You’ll need only 5 ingredients to make the keto bagels dough:
- shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- cream cheese
- almond or coconut flour
- baking powder
The bagels are gluten-free and can be used by the people on the Atkins diet too.
Even though I when I want a keto bread, I usually make my super simple 90 seconds bread, I decided to try the super popular keto bagel fathead dough bagels recipe.
I topped my keto bagels with everything seasoning mix but feel free to add any seasonings you like.
I’m not sure who came with the idea of making low carb baked goods out of mozzarella dough but it’s a brilliant idea. It’s super easy to make and turns out great everytime.
You won’t miss bread with the keto bagels recipe because it’s perfect for low carb breakfast sandwiches, toasted with butter or cream cheese on top.
You can use the fathead dough as a gluten-free pizza crust, you can make keto breakfast hot pockets. It’s so versatile, you can even make keto desserts like Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Fat Dough and they turn out divine.
I am pretty sure you will love the texture of the keto bagels and will want to make them over and over again. Each bagel is only 5g net carbs per serving.
They require a little more work than other keto bread recipes but they are way tastier and have no eggy taste.
This recipe yields six bagels meaning six serving. You can refrigerate them for up to 6 days. I almost never had the opportunity to keep them in my fridge because everyone in my family loves them.
To show you how I eat the keto bagel for breakfast, here’s an example. Cut the bread in half and toast. Smear one half of the bagel with cream cheese, add a fried egg, cooked bacon slices, avocado and some veggies of choice. It’s one of my favorite keto breakfasts. Super easy to make and great to take with you at work ar pack for when traveling.
Have you tried this recipe and turned out great? Let me know in the comments below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me at @LowCarbSpark.
Keto Bagels with Almond Flour - Low Carb 5 ingredients keto bread replacement
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix well the shredded mozzarella, the cream cheese, the almond flour, and the baking powder.
- Microwave the cheese mixture for 60 seconds.
- Stir well the melted mixture, until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the eggs while the cheese mixture is still warm.
- If the dough is too sticky add 1-2 tbsp almond flour and incorporate well.
- Divide the fathead dough into six equal parts. Using your hand form long strings and shape them as a round bagel, pressing the ends, as shown in the video.
- Place all the formed bagels on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bagels are golden on the edges.