These Keto Blueberry Pancakes are thick and super fluffy made with almond flour! Bursting with juicy blueberries, these low carb almond flour pancakes melt in your mouth and taste deliciously soaked in melty butter and sugar-free maple syrup.
If you’re following a keto diet and have a craving for pancakes, I’ve got just the thing for you. These light-as-a-cloud, flourless pancakes are not only delicious, but they also contain less than 3g of net carbs. It’s the perfect guilt-free indulgence!
In our household, pancakes are a breakfast favorite that we whip up frequently. I often opt for my keto-friendly coconut flour pancakes.
They’re as delightful as the almond flour blueberry pancakes, boasting a super fluffy texture and high fiber content. Plus, coconut flour is a fantastic alternative if you’re dealing with a nut allergy.
Are Pancakes Keto Friendly?
As you may know, regular pancakes are loaded with wheat flour and sugar, so they are not an option when it comes to keto.
The best part is that on my blog, I share plenty of 100% keto-friendly pancake recipes that are both sugar-free and grain-free. It’s possible because I used keto flour, such as almond flour, instead of regular white flour, and a low carb sweetener instead of sugar to keep the pancakes as low carb as possible.
Instead of traditional pancakes, try my grain-free cream cheese pancakes recipe that’s so easy to make using just your blender and a great non-stick pan. Plus, they have almost zero carbs!
Ingredients for the Almond Flour Pancakes
You’ll need only 8 ingredients to make the best almond flour pancakes in just a few minutes. These cream cheese pancakes with juicy blueberry inside are even better than regular pancakes.
- Large eggs, room temperature
- Cream Cheese or Canned coconut cream for the best paleo blueberry muffins that are completely dairy-free.
- Almond Flour– Choose a super fine almond flour for the fluffiest texture.
- Blueberries– I used fresh, but frozen blueberries are also a great choice.
- Sweetener – My favorite is this Erythritol and Monk Fruit Blend.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder– makes the almond flour pancakes super fluffy.
- lemon zest, freshly grated
How to Make Almond Flour Pancakes?
It’s incredibly easy to make the fluffiest keto blueberry pancakes once you gather all the ingredients. It’s unbelievable that pancakes without flour can taste so delicious. Make sure to load them with plenty of toppings such as butter, sugar-free syrup, or peanut butter.
Start by cracking open 6 eggs (room temperature, please) into a large mixing bowl, giving them a good whisk. Whip them up until they’re nice and frothy.
Next up, we’re going to add the good stuff: 2 cups of super fine, blanched almond flour, a generous 6 oz of cream cheese, a 1/2 cup of your favorite sweetener (to taste, of course), 2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 2 tsp of baking powder. Give that a good stir until everything is well combined, and the batter starts to thicken.
Now for the fun part: adding the blueberries! Toss in a cup of these little blue jewels, and while you’re at it, zest a lemon and add 2 tsp of it into the mix. Let this beautiful batter rest for about 5-10 minutes.
When it’s go time, dab either butter or coconut oil onto your pan and set your stove to medium heat.
Pour your pancake batter into the pan and let it spread out evenly. Pop a lid on top, and let each side cook for about 2-3 minutes. Just wait until you see that lovely golden brown color. Delicious!
Almond Flour Pancakes Toppings
These quick almond flour pancakes taste great on their own but aren’t they even better topped with pancake syrup? Yes, and in fact, let me show you some of my favorite toppings:
- Homemade Whipped Cream: A dollop of homemade whipped cream can make your pancakes feel like a decadent treat.
- Chia Jam: Add some homemade chia jam made with low-carb berries for a fiber-rich and flavorful addition.
- Nut Butter: Almond, cashew, or peanut butter can provide a tasty protein boost to your pancakes.
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup: Enjoy the classic taste of maple syrup without the sugar, perfect for a traditional pancake breakfast.
- Keto Caramel Sauce: Drizzle this rich and creamy sauce on top.
- Keto Honey: A sugar-free alternative that gives the sweetness of honey without breaking your keto diet.
- Fresh Berries: A mix of fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries can add a bright, sweet, and slightly tart flavor to your pancakes.
- Coconut Cream: Add a tropical touch with a dollop of coconut cream, a great dairy-free alternative to regular cream.
- Cinnamon and Erythritol Sprinkle: A mix of ground cinnamon and erythritol offers a sweet and spicy touch without the carbs.
- Lemon Zest and Poppy Seeds: Enhance the flavor of your pancakes with a zingy and nutty twist of lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Cacao Nibs: For a chocolaty flavor, top your pancakes with cacao nibs, a healthier and low-carb alternative to chocolate chips.
- Vanilla Mascarpone: Blend a bit of vanilla extract with mascarpone cheese for a creamy, subtly sweet topping.
- Almond Slices or Chopped Pecans: Add a crunch and extra nutty flavor by sprinkling your pancakes with sliced almonds or chopped pecans.
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
Yes, sure! Frozen blueberries are such a great option if you’re out of fresh blueberries. Just keep in mind that they might turn out purple, but the taste is still incredible.
Can I Replace Blueberries?
While blueberries are the star of this keto almond flour pancakes recipe and a low carb fruit, I recommend using chopped fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries, and why not sugar-free chocolate chips! So many delicious options!
Can I Make Paleo Blueberry Pancakes?
Yes, you can definitely replace the cream cheese with canned coconut milk and turn these fluffy grain-free pancakes into the best dairy-free pancakes.
How Much batter to use for the best keto pancakes?
Use about 2 tablespoons of keto pancakes batter, and don’t spread them as it will come naturally. Flip them when you see tiny bubbles on top of each pancake. When you start to see tiny bubbles coming to the surface of your pancake, this is a good time to flip.
Other Delicious Keto Breakfast Recipes:
- Savory Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Waffles • Easy Low Carb Waffles
- Easy Keto Waffles with Coconut Flour • Fluffy & Delicious
- Keto Blueberry Bread
- The Best Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Fluffiest Keto Blueberry Pancakes with Almond flour
- In a large bowl combine eggs, cream cheese, almond flour sweetener, vanilla extract, baking powder, and lemon zest. Mix using an electric mixer until smooth and frothy,
- Incorporate the into blueberries the batter and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden on edges.
- Serve topped with butter, keto maple syrup, and berries.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: