These baked pork belly strips are delicious, crisp on the edges, perfectly tender, and melt in your mouth. Learn how to bake pork belly strips with just a few ingredients and 5 minutes of prep.
Ready in just 30 minutes, everyone loves this barbeque pork belly recipe. It’s inexpensive, easy to make, and delicious for dinner with lots of sides or for breakfast instead of bacon with eggs.
Why Are You Going To Love This Pork Belly Recipe
- Requires only a few ingredients
- The meat is juicy and flavorful
- Super quick to make in just 30 minutes
- Perfectly tender on the inside
What Is Pork Belly?
Pork belly is a cheap, fatty cut of meat from the pig’s belly near the loin. Pork belly is fall-apart tender and melts in your mouth when cooked properly, no matter how you prepare it.
Barbeque Pork Belly Ingredients
You will need only five ingredients that you can find in any store to create this delicious recipe. Here is everything you will need:
- Pork Belly Strips – Try choosing pork belly slices with a similar fat-to-meat ratio for the best flavor. I used 1/2 inch thick slices that wight about 4oz each uncooked.
- Olive Oil – you can also use avocado or coconut oil.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste.
- Garlic Powder – you can use onion powder or your favorite seasoning.
- Barbeque sauce – you can make your barbeque sauce at home or buy it from the store;
How To Bake Pork Belly Strips
I love how easy it is to make succulent belly strips with just a few minutes of prep. Here’s everything you’ll need to do to make them:
- Start by preparing the seasoning mixture: add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil in a small bowl and mix everything well.
- Place slices of pork belly in a baking pan and bush on both sides with the mixture.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 400°F/200°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and brush the strips with barbeque sauce. Flip them over and baste the other side.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes in the oven. Remove them from the oven when golden and bubbling and the fat has turned transparent.
How To Serve
When I first made these bbq pork belly strips, I served them with some roasted asparagus, but you can serve them with many other side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Make some cauliflower mashed potatoes.
- You can serve them with your favorite salad.
- They will also pair perfectly with some turnip au gratin or air fryer cauliflower.
- You can add some fresh garlic for an intense flavor.
- Add some red pepper chili flakes if you are a spicy food lover.
- You can also cook a whole piece of pork belly, but the cooking time will be much longer.
- Fridge – If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for approximately five days.
- Freezer – You can also freeze the leftovers in a freezer bag for one month. Then when you want to eat it, just thaw it in the fridge and reheat it in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between bacon and pork belly?
Bacon is a type of pork belly, but there are a few differences that include the curing process, flavor, thickness, and uses.
What Does Pork Belly Taste Like?
Pork belly has a mild flavor, similar to pork loin. It’s also flavorful, hearty, and salty. When kept whole, this fatty meat cut has a vibrant flavor.
Is Pork Belly Healthy?
Pork belly is healthy because it contains high-quality protein from the lean cuts and a significant amount of micronutrients, such as fat-soluble vitamins and minerals.
How To Choose The Perfect Pork Belly Slices?
Try to buy some with an even fat-to-meat ratio; if there’s a little more meat than fat, that’s even better. The fat gives this cut its richness and flavor, but you don’t want to be too much.
How To Choose The Perfect Pork Belly Slices?
Try getting pork chops with an even fat-to-meat ratio; if there’s a little more meat than fat, that’s even better. The fat gives this cut its richness and flavor, but you don’t want to be too much.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Belly?
Sure, here is how to make air fryer pork belly:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F/ 200C.
- Prepare the pork belly strips as directed and cook them in the air fryer for 12 minutes.
- After that, glaze them with bbq sauce and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
More Pork Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops and Crispy Garlic Broccoli
- Easy Pork Stew
- Pork Chops with Super Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
Baked Barbeque Pork Belly
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- Place the pork belly strips into the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Brush with the mixture on both sides.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then baste the strips with the barbeque sauce on both sides. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until crispy on the edges.
- Baste again with the remaining barbeque sauce and remove from the oven.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: