This Air Fryer Cauliflower is a super easy side dish that no one can resist. Ready in less than 15 minutes, learn how to make the best air fried cauliflower with crisp edges that’s flavorful and tender.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a hugefan of cauliflower. I love to eat cauliflower in any way possible, even raw, without cooking it or doing anything special. So today, I decided to try the cauliflower at the air fryer – the best decision ever.
I love making roasted vegetables to enjoy as a side dish or to top my salad bowl. Using the air fryer gets the job done quicker and tastes identical to oven-roasted cauliflower.
The cauliflower gets super crispy, just like my parmesan roasted cauliflower, and it’s made only with a few ingredients!
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- It’s an extremely healthy recipe.
- Made with just a handful of ingredients
- Super quick to make in just 15 minutes
- The perfect side dish for Air Fryer Whole Chicken, Naked Chicken Tenders, or Juicy Baked Leg Quarters.
How to Cut Cauliflower Florets
- Start by removing the leaves.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the whole cauliflower in half.
- You are now free to break your florets. First, break the cauliflower into large florets with your fingers. You can also chop them, but make sure any long stems are removed.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Ingredients
A great thing about this dish is that you will need only a few common ingredients to create it. Here is everything you will need:
- Cauliflower Head – A medium-sized cauliflower head chopped into bite-sized florets.
- Olive Oil – you can also use avocado or coconut oil. You don’t need much oil when cooking food in an air fryer.
- Smoked Paprika will give a great smoky flavor and a beautiful color.
- Garlic Powder – You can use the same amount of onion powder instead.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste. Feel free to season the cauliflower with your favorite spices.
How To Make This Delicious Air Fryer Cauliflower
If you follow these simple steps, you’ll end up with the best air fryer cauliflower that can be eaten alone or with various other recipes.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets – Start by cleaning the cauliflower and cutting it into florets.
- Season – Add the cauliflower florets to a bowl, drizzle the olive oil and seasonings. Toss well to coat.
- Cook – Place the cauliflower florets in the air fryer and air fry at 400F for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cauliflower if needed.
How Long To Air Fry Cauliflower?
The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your cauliflower pieces.
- Small florets– you only need about 10 minutes.
- Large florets – air fry for 12-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown and fork-tender.
Tips and Variations
- I recommend checking the cauliflower every five minutes and stirring it.
- Ensure that you don’t overcrowd the basket to allow the cauliflower to cook evenly and get crispy on the edges.
- Try to cut the cauliflower florets almost the same size to fry evenly.
- I like to add some freshly grated parmesan cheese over the cauliflower 5 minutes before they are ready.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley or chives before serving.
- Fridge: You can store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: Another great thing about this recipe is that you can freeze air fryer roasted cauliflower. Place the cauliflower florets on a cookie sheet and freeze for about 20 minutes after cooling. Then transfer to a freezer-safe plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to three months.
This Air Fryer Cauliflower is great served with your favorite dipping sauce, or you can pair it with many dishes like:
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Marry Me Chicken
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Equipment Needed To Make Air Fryer Cauliflower
- An air fryer.
- A mixing bowl to season the cauliflower florets.
- A chopper and a sharp knife to cut the cauliflower florets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen cauliflower florets instead of fresh ones?
Yes, frozen cauliflower can be used in this recipe, and you don’t have to thaw it first. But you need to know that fresh cauliflower, on the other hand, yields the best results.
Can I Make This Recipe In The Oven?
Sure, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily make oven-baked cauliflower. The only thing that changes is the cooking time. You will need to cook the cauliflower a few minutes extra if you use the oven.
Can I Cook In The Air Fryer Without Oil?
Yes, this is one of the great advantages of cooking with an air fryer; you can cook with less or without oil. Regarding this recipe, I prefer to add a little olive oil because it changes the cauliflower’s texture and helps it get crisper.
How Can I Know If My Cauliflower Is Ready?
To test for doneness, use a fork to check cauliflower is tender enough.
Can we eat the leaves of a cauliflower?
Sure, the cauliflower leaves are also great to eat. I like to add them to salads.
What Is An Air Fryer?
An Air Fryer it’s basically a countertop convection oven that’s compact and powerful. It pumps hot air around the food you’re cooking, giving it a crisp texture similar to fried food.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400F/204C. If your air fryer doesn’t have this function, run it empty for 5 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Place the cauliflower in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your florets. Flip them halfway through baking time until golden brown.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
This sounds good! You are making me want an air fryer!