This Pork Chops with Super Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a super delicious, easy, and quick recipe to prepare for dinner. It’s ready to serve in less than 30 minutes and needs simple low carb ingredients. Think infused creamy garlic and herbs mushroom sauce with tender and juicy pan-seared pork chops.
This isn’t just another bland, flavorless pork chops recipe. Without much fuss, make the best tender and extremely juicy pork chops smothered in the best creamy sauce. Try this recipe for a super easy dinner, and don’t forget to share it with everyone.
Should we stop talking about how fabulous this smothered pork chops recipe is and go straight to how to make a creamy mushroom sauce for the juiciest meat?
Reasons You’ll Love this Creamy Pork Chops Recipe
- Easy to make in just 30 minutes
- Quick to prep all the ingredients
- A delicious one pan meal
- Comfort Food at its finest
Pork Chops with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce Ingredients
This recipe is so simple and requires only a few ingredients:
- Pork chops – I highly suggest using bone-in pork chops because it turns out tender and juicy. Boneless pork chops tend to cook faster but are just as delicious.
- Olive oil and butter – to sear the pork chops and cook the mushrooms.
- Mushrooms – choose your favorite type and clean them just before cooking. I used white mushrooms, but brown or cremini mushrooms are a great choice.
- Heavy cream – to make the sauce extra creamy. Replace with half and half for a low-calorie mushroom sauce.
- Fresh parsley – freshly chopped to garnish.
- Thyme – fresh or dried. You can use Italian seasoning instead.
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic for the best flavor.
- salt and pepper – to taste
How to Cook Perfect Pork Chops in a Pan?
This pork chop recipe requires no marinating, yet searing it in a delicious combo of butter, and olive oil gives a fabulous flavor and crispy brown delicious edges.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and sear them in butter and oil. Remove the meat and keep it warm.
- In the same pan, sauté the mushrooms, garlic, and season with herbs. Add the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Return the pork chops to the creamy mushroom sauce and cook for a few more minutes until tender.
I only season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Enjoy juicy, golden pork chops. After the meat is ready, it’s time for the creamiest sauce in the world.
To get the best flavors, sauté the mushrooms, garlic, and herbs in the same fat that’s left after cooking the pork chops. Those browned bits left over in the skillet will increase the flavors!
Can I use Bone-in Pork Chops?
This recipe is perfect for bone-in pork chops. Using pork chops with bone-in will increase the cooking time with about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Remember that cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat. If you have a meat thermometer, use it in the thickest part of the meat. It should read anywhere between 145F (medium-rare) to 160F (well-done).
What Mushrooms to Use?
Use any mushrooms you have on hand. I love white or brown mushrooms, cremini or portobello mushrooms. Canned sliced mushrooms work well too.
Mushrooms are one of the best low carb vegetables you can eat on a keto diet. One cup of mushrooms (70g) has only 2.3g carbs.
How to Serve Pork Chops
- Fridge – Store leftover pork chops in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – freeze the pork chops with mushrooms gravy in freezer-safe bags for 3 months.
Looking for More Recipes? Try These:
- Easy Creamy Chicken Florentine
- Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- One-Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
Pork Chops with Super Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 6 pork chops about 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme fresh or dried
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil.
- Once the butter is melted, add the pork chops and season with salt and pepper. Sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the pork chops. In the same skillet saute the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and parsley. Cook for about 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat and add the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan and cover with the creamy sauce.
- Cover the skillet and let them cook for another 5-6 minutes until tender.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot with a side of cauliflower mashed potatoes or steamed beans. Garnish with more fresh parsley, if desired.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: