This easy keto meatloaf recipe is a basic low carb recipe that needs only 5 ingredients. This meatloaf is moist, tender and doesn’t crumble when sliced. You will love the baking sauce that will bring all the flavors together.
Perfect for family dinners it’s an always a hit even though it’s hard to make it look appetizing.
Unlock your taste buds with this simple keto meatloaf recipe that requires only a few ingredients, plus it’s economical. You can serve it with a side of creamy buttery mashed cauliflower for a perfect warm comfort food. The whole family will love it and ask for more.
It’s my latest favorite dinner recipe.
The ingredients for the keto meatloaf
For this keto recipe, you need only a few low carb ingredients that when combined together taste incredible. This recipe is so filling and delicious it will keep the hunger away for hours.
The beef mixture
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
The baking sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp keto approved sweetener
- 2 tsp vinegar
Tips to always make the best paleo meatloaf
- It’s important to let the meatloaf rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Make sure to use a sharp knife or a bread knife.
- My mom used to tell me to be gentle when combining the ingredients and always use my hands. If you want moist and tender meatloaf that doesn’t fall apart don’t overwork the mixture of meat.
- You can always add more vegetables to the meat such as shredded zucchini, mushrooms, spinach or more onions. It’s a great way to include more veggies in your daily meal plan and keep the meatloaf moist.
- Don’t skip the baking sauce. If you don’t have enough time to make, the baking sauce just
topthe meatloaf with some sugar-free ketchup or with a sugar-free barbecue sauce. The acidity from the sauce will cut down the fatty taste.
- Don’t worry if there’s liquid excess after baking because that’s normal if you used high-fat ground beef. Just drain the liquid and enjoy a delicious meatloaf.
What low carb binder to use? Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Crushed Pork Rinds
Most meatloaf recipes use breadcrumbs as a binder, but as you know that’s not low in carbs, and wheat flour is not keto approved.
To make a meatloaf keto, I substituted the breadcrumbs with almond flour because to me it delivers a perfect texture. I prefer using almond flour over any other low carb even if it’s slightly expensive.
Some recipes call for coconut flour but I feel that coconut flour gives a slightly sweet taste and I am not a huge fan. Also using coconut flour can make the meatloaf dry if there isn’t enough liquid for it to absorb.
If you have a nut allergy and can’t use almond flour, you’ll get amazing results by using pork rinds or golden flax meal. The golden flaxseeds have a lighter taste and color than regular dark flaxseeds and are the lowest in carbs compared to other seeds. To make the flaxseed meal you use a coffee grinder or a food processor.
This recipe yields 12-14 servings. A serving is a generous slice that has 2g net carbs and 245 calories. All the macros detailed under the recipe card.
Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe – Low Carb | Paleo | Gluten-free
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Grease a 9×5 (23×13) inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the meat, eggs, onion and the seasonings. Using your hands gently mix all the ingredients. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Spread the baking sauce over the meatloaf and bake for 30-45 more minutes. The cooking time varies depending on how thick is your meatloaf.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- You can serve the meatloaf cauliflower mash, keto gravy, and steamed green beans.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.