This easy keto meatloaf recipe is a basic low carb recipe that needs only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes prep. This traditional meatloaf is moist, tender and doesn’t crumble when sliced. You will love the baking glaze that brings all the flavors together.
This is the best keto meatloaf recipe, perfect for family weeknight dinners. It’s always a hit, and everyone keeps asking for more.
Unlock your taste buds with this simple keto meatloaf recipe that requires only a few ingredients, plus it’s economical, easy to make and delicious.
- Keto Meatloaf Ingredients
- How to Make Keto Meatloaf?
- Tips For the Best Paleo Keto Meatloaf
- Low Carb Binder for Meatloaf
- How to Serve Keto Meatloaf
- How Many Carbs Are in this Keto Paleo Meatloaf?
- Other Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe – Low Carb | Paleo | Gluten-free
Keto Meatloaf Ingredients
For this keto recipe, you need only a few low carb ingredients that when combined together taste incredible. This recipe is so filling and tasty!
The ingredients for this paleo meatloaf are easy to find and will surely become a family favorite. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
The baking sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp keto-approved sweetener
- 2 tsp vinegar
How to Make Keto Meatloaf?
It’s incredibly easy to make the meatloaf and at the bottom of this post you can find the full printable recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Grease a 9×5 (23×13) inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Add the meat, eggs, chopped onion, and the seasonings to a large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together using your hands.
- Transfer the meat “batter” to a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven to 350F/ 180C.
- To make the meatloaf sauce: add tomato sauce, olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sweetener, and vinegar to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour the sauce over the meatloaf and return to the oven for another 35-45 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing to make sure it won’t crumble and hold its shape.
Tips For the Best Paleo Keto Meatloaf
- It’s important to let the meatloaf rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Make sure to use a sharp knife or a bread knife.
- My mom used to tell me to be gentle when combining the ingredients and always use my hands. If you want moist and tender meatloaf that doesn’t fall apart don’t overwork the mixture of meat.
- You can always add more vegetables to the meat such as shredded zucchini, mushrooms, spinach or more onions. It’s a great way to include more veggies in your daily meal plan and keep the meatloaf moist.
- Don’t skip the baking sauce. If you don’t have enough time to make, the baking sauce just
topsthe meatloaf with some sugar-free ketchup or with a sugar-free barbecue sauce. The acidity from the sauce will cut down the fatty taste.
- Don’t worry if there’s liquid excess after baking because that’s normal if you used high-fat ground beef. Just drain the liquid and enjoy a delicious meatloaf.
Low Carb Binder for Meatloaf
Most meatloaf recipes use breadcrumbs as a binder, but as you know that’s not low in carbs, and wheat flour is not keto-approved.
To make a meatloaf keto, I substituted the breadcrumbs with almond flour because to me it delivers a perfect texture. I prefer using almond flour over any other low carb even if it’s slightly expensive.
Some recipes call for coconut flour but I feel that coconut flour gives a slightly sweet taste and I am not a huge fan. Also using coconut flour can make the meatloaf dry if there isn’t enough liquid for it to absorb.
If you have a nut allergy and can’t use almond flour, you’ll get amazing results by using pork rinds or golden flax meal. The golden flaxseeds have a lighter taste and color than regular dark flaxseeds and are the lowest in carbs compared to other seeds. To make the flaxseed meal you use a coffee grinder or a food processor.
How to Serve Keto Meatloaf
You can serve it with a side of creamy, buttery cauliflower mashed potatoes for a perfect comfort meal or with some delicious roasted radishes. Or you can keep it simple and serve it with a green salad on the side.
The whole family will love it and ask for more. It’s our family’s latest favorite dinner to have!
How Many Carbs Are in this Keto Paleo Meatloaf?
This recipe yields 12-14 servings. A serving is a generous slice that has 2g net carbs and 245 calories. All the macros detailed under the recipe card.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- The Best Keto Meatballs Recipe
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- Best Low Carb Keto Chili
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna
Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe – Low Carb | Paleo | Gluten-free
The beef mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C. Grease a 9×5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the meat, eggs, almond flour, chopped onion, minced garlic, and the seasonings.
- Using your hands gently mix all the ingredients. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes
- Add tomato sauce, olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sweetener, and vinegar to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Spread the baking sauce over the meatloaf and bake for 30-45 more minutes. The cooking time varies depending on how thick is your meatloaf.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- You can serve the meatloaf cauliflower mash, keto gravy, and steamed green beans.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: