These garlic parmesan roasted radishes are infused with rosemary and are a great low carb alternative for potatoes. The perfect keto side dish and only 2g net carbs!
Radishes are a root vegetable that’s very low in carbs and high in fiber. While most root vegetables should be avoided on a low carb diet this is not the case.
Radishes provide only 3g carbohydrates per 100g according to the USDA website. They are a great source of minerals and vitamins such as calcium, magnesium, potassium vitamin C, vitamin B6.
You can use radishes in tons of other different ways. Enjoy fried radishes or steam them and use as a substitute for potatoes in potato salad or soups.
The best low carb potato substitute
If you are looking for a fantastic low carb and keto side dish for your steak, these garlic parmesan roasted radishes are the perfect match. Radishes taste a little spicy and watery, but when we roast them in the oven, the magic happens. They turn in this delicious potato replacement.
We absolutely love them. From the bottom of our hearts.
The question is: Do these roasted radishes taste exactly like potatoes? I say yes, my family agrees. If you are lucky enough, you’ll love them if not, the roasted radishes will be only another side dish to you.
How to make perfect roasted radishes?
I’ll tell you the secret on how to make perfect roasted radishes every time.
All you have to do after you season the radishes is to bake them long enough. Radishes have a higher water content than potatoes, so it takes longer to cook.
- Buy fresh radishes and quarter them.
- Add your favorite seasonings. I love to use rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Then cover them in melted butter and a good amount of parmesan cheese.
- Bake them for about 40-50 minutes.
- Add your favorite seasonings. I love to use rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper. Then cover them in melted butter and a good amount of parmesan cheese.
More Delicious Low Carb Side Dish Recipes
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Radishes
- 2 bunches radishes quartered
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary fresh or dried
- 2 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl add radishes, melted butter, minced garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese to coat all the radishes. Bake for another 5 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Once done, serve the roasted radishes as a side dish or as a meal on its own. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.