This low carb keto chili is a mouthwatering combination with no beans, and you can make it in an Instant Pot, Crockpot or on the stove. Perfect for meal prep, it is easy to make dinner to enjoy with the whole family.
I love that this chili has tons of vegetables that go perfectly with the meat. There’s no need for beans of any kind even they are an important ingredient in the original recipe.
If you are looking for a way to include more vegetables in your meal plan, this is a great way.
TO MAKE KETO CHILI YOU WILL NEED:
You’ll never want to make chili with beans ever again. To give a little more texture to the chili I’ve added red pepper. The ingredient list might seem long but half of them are spices, so don’t work this is still very easy to make keto recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Low carb vegetables such as onion, celery, garlic, red pepper.
- Crushed Tomatoes and Tomato Paste
- Seasonings: chili powder, ground cumin, bay leaves, oregano.
How to make low carb chili with no beans?
There are a few ways to make a good keto chili using different cooking methods. Here’s how you can make it:
In the Instant Pot
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté add the olive oil. Add the onion, celery, garlic and sauté until tender, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease using a large spoon.
- Add the seasoning and the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover the instant pot. Turn the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 25 minutes
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
In the Crock Pot
- To make chili in the crock pot you start by cooking the onion, celery, and garlic in the tablespoon of olive oil, until translucent. Add the ground beef. Break it up as is cooks with a spatula, stirring frequently until browned.
- In the slow cooker add the tomato crushed tomatoes, stir in the seasonings. Add the cooked ground beef-onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients. If the chili looks too thick stir in more water.
- Cook on low for at least 4-6 hours.
The classic method – in a large pot
If you don’t want to make the chili in an Instant Pot or in a slow cooker you can cook it in a large soup pot. For the instructions check the recipe card down below. I usually count net carbs because the fiber and sugar alcohols from the foods aren’t absorbed and don’t affect insulin levels.
How many carbs are in keto chili?
This keto chili makes enough for 6 servings. Each serving of about 1 cup has 7g net carbs. If you are counting total carbs this recipe has 9g carbs for one serving.
Are tomatoes good to eat on a keto diet?
Yes, tomatoes are good to consume in a keto diet because they are low in carbs. I eat them frequently because I love their texture and taste. According to the USDA website, a medium tomato (62g) has:
- 2.41g carbs
- 0.55g protein
- 0.12g fat
- 11 calories
How to serve low carb chili?
My favorite way to serve chili is topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream, diced avocados, and jalapeno slices. Here are a few other things you can enjoy chili with:
- diced tomatoes
- jalapeno slices
- keto tortilla chips or cheese chips
- diced red onion
- sliced green onions
- lime wedges
How to freeze keto chili?
Keto Chili is really freezer friendly. Let your chili completely and store in Ziploc bags with all the air pressed out.
Other ground beef recipes you might like:
Best Low Carb Keto Chili - How to Make Paleo Chili?
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper optional
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- In a large pot over medium high heat add the olive oil. Cook the onion, celery, and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and break it apart with a spatula. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat (low to medium) and simmer the keto chili for about 25 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add more seasonings to taste. Let the chili rest for a few minutes before serving.