This Cream Of Broccoli Soup is super creamy, very filling, and easy to make. Use just a few simple ingredients to make the best broccoli soup in less than 30 minutes. It’s the perfect comfort food, perfect to be served on a busy weeknight for dinner.
Super smooth and decadent, I’m absolutely sure this easy cream of broccoli soup recipe will impress everyone. I am convinced that it will be to the liking of even the most demanding, who do not really like broccoli.
It takes less than 30 minutes to make a delicious broccoli soup. All you have to do is chop the vegetables, simmer until tender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Soup is one of my favorite foods. On a cold day, there’s nothing better than a big pot of soup that fills the house with a pleasant aroma. It makes you feel good and warms your heart. This warm cream of broccoli soup is full of wonderful low-carb, keto-friendly nourishment that can be enjoyed all year long.
Similar to our popular Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup, this might become your next family favorite recipe!
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- a one pot meal that use just a few ingredients
- easy and quick to make.
- low carb and keto-friendly.
- can be made ahead or frozen
- super versatile – add your favorite vegetables
Is Broccoli Keto?
Broccoli is a keto-friendly vegetable because it is low in total and net carbohydrates. In addition, it’s a popular choice among keto dieters who enjoy eating greens because it allows them to experiment with various recipes. Broccoli stir-fry, broccoli chicken stew, broccoli, and bacon quiche are just a few examples.
The well-known broccoli veggie occupies its top superfoods due to the essential nutrients. In addition, the wonderful broccoli is just as tasty when eaten raw, in various salads, and when eaten plain, boiled, as such, or as a basic ingredient in certain dishes.
Ingredients For This Cream Of Broccoli Soup
This cream of broccoli cheese soup is made using only healthy and naturally low-carb ingredients. Here is a list of everything you need:
- Chicken Broth – you can also use vegetable broth. Also, make sure that you are careful with the amount of salt because broth is quite salted.
- Broccoli – This is the star of this recipe. Whether it is fresh or frozen, both types of broccoli are fine.
- Onion – this ingredient gives an intense flavor to this dish.
- Carrot – you can skip this ingredient if you want. But if you carefully calculate your carbs for that day, you don’t have to worry about using carrots.
- Celery Stalk – celery will give the soup a distinctive and unique taste.
- Garlic – you can also add garlic powder, but a fresh one tastes better.
- Cheddar Cheese – I recommend buying a whole piece and grating it yourself for the best flavors. You can also use Parmesan or Gruyere cheese.
- Heavy Cream – adds creaminess to the soup, but you can replace it with almond or coconut milk for a dairy-free cream of broccoli soup.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
To make a healthier cream of broccoli soup, replace the heavy cream with evaporated milk, and use a light cheese.
How To Make Cream Of Broccoli Soup
Besides the fact that this cream of broccoli soup is extremely delicious, you will be surprised to see how easy it is to make it.
- Start by washing and chopping the vegetables. Then saute the onion and garlic, add the vegetables and saute it for two minutes.
- Now you can add the chicken broth, cover the pot, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are completely cooked.
- Once the vegetables are done, you can add the heavy cream, seasonings, the cheddar cheese, and puree the soup.
- Adjust with salt and pepper, and then you can serve it.
Tips For Making The Best Cream Of Broccoli Soup
- Use freshly grated high-quality sharp cheddar cheese. Use the best Cheese you can find because the flavor will be missing if you choose to buy those that are already shredded.
- Broccoli should be cut into small chunks. They’ll cook faster this way, and the soup will have a better texture overall.
Tools For Making This Delicious Cream Of Broccoli Soup
Another interesting thing about this recipe is that it does not require complicated tools for preparing it. Actually, I think you already have them all in the kitchen, here is everything you need:
- Cutting Board
- A medium soup pot
- A lid (preferably, but not required)
- An immersion blender, a stand blender, or a food processor – to make this soup super creamy.
- Make this recipe dairy-free by replacing the heavy whipping cream with coconut milk and skipping the cheese.
- Add some crumbled bacon on top of your cream of broccoli soup for a great flavor and extra crunch.
- You can add some red pepper chili flakes if you like spicy food.
How To Serve This Delicious Cream Of Broccoli Soup
This Cream Of Broccoli Soup is served hot, with homemade croutons made from keto bread. For extra flavor, you can sprinkle chopped chives and some grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese. You can choose any of these serving suggestions to enhance the special taste of this broccoli recipe.
How To Store
- Fridge: You can refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Another great thing about this soup is that you can store it in the freezer. Place the soup in a freezer-safe container and keep it frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, place it on the stove over medium heat.
Benefits Of Eating Broccoli
- Broccoli may include phenolic chemicals that may aid in preventing chronic diseases.
- It has excellent anti-cancer effects. Due to its numerous bioactive components, it is one of the most potent anti-carcinogenic vegetables.
- Broccoli is a high-fiber vegetable with anti-diabetic properties. As a result, it helps with weight loss and insulin sensitivity.
- Broccoli is a potent antioxidant powerhouse. It contains important vitamins such as A, C, K, E, and B-complex, which help stressed patients’ antioxidant levels. Broccoli should be included in your diet if you are deficient in these vitamins.
Looking for More Soup Recipes? Try these:
- Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
- Best Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- Easy Keto Vegetable Soup – Seriously Good Low Carb Soup
Cream Of Broccoli Soup
- 6 cups broccoli florets 2 large
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place a medium soup pot over medium heat. Melt the butter, and cook the onion and garlic for 7-8 minutes until fragrant and tender.
- Add the carrots, broccoli florets, chopped celery, and chicken or vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the carrots and broccoli are fork-tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add heavy cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Puree the broccoli soup using an immersion blender. You can also use your blender. Work in batches and never fill your blender with hot liquid.
- Taste and season with black pepper.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for a few months.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: