This keto vegetable soup is loaded with vegetables, comforting, filling, and super easy to make. Just chop all the vegetables, simmer for a few minutes, and enjoy a big bowl of warm homemade low carb vegetable soup. So easy to turn is vegan when you use a vegetable broth.
Ready in just a few minutes, this Low Carb Vegetable Soup it’s a great option when looking for a low calories meal or snack. It keeps me full between meals without too many calories, and nothing beats a cup of soup.
The best part? I love to serve this hearty vegetable soup, both warm and cold. It tastes just like my grandma’s homemade vegetable soup.
Vegetable soups are high in antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C, fiber and low in calories. Soups are a delicious meal my family loves to have every day, whether it’s cold or hot outside.
Watch the video below and start cooking this amazing low carb soup.
- Is Vegetable Soup Keto-Friendly?
- What are the Best Vegetables for A Vegetable Soup
- Ingredients For Keto Vegetable Soup
- How To Make Keto Vegetable Soup
- Carbs In Vegetable Soup
- How To Store Low Carb Vegetable Soup?
- What Seasonings Are Best for Vegetable Soup?
- How to Serve Keto Vegetable Soup
- Looking for More Keto Soup Recipes? Try these:
- Easy Keto Vegetable Soup – Seriously Good Low Carb Soup
Is Vegetable Soup Keto-Friendly?
Classic vegetables usually may contain noodles, potatoes, peas, and other high-carb ingredients. But, if you use low carb ingredients and replace noodles, potatoes with turnips, cauliflower, or radishes, a vegetable soup is perfect for enjoying on a ketogenic diet.
What are the Best Vegetables for A Vegetable Soup
It’s easy to meal prep this vegetable soup. I buy seasonal products, chop them and store them in individual bags in the freezer, and when I’m craving a soup, I just add the veggie to a large pot. Here’s a list of my favorite vegetables for soup:
- kale or spinach
- red or yellow peppers
- green beans
Ingredients For Keto Vegetable Soup
You will be surprised when you find out that you will make an incredibly delicious Low Carb Vegetable Soup that will impress everyone with some simple ingredients.
- Olive Oil -You can easily replace it with butter or avocado oil.
- Onion & Garlic -These are two essential components that give this vegetable soup recipe a unique flavor.
- Vegetables – I used onion, carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, celery, cauliflower florets to replace potatoes, green beans instead of peas, and canned tomatoes.
- Low Sodium Broth: Use chicken stock, beef stock, vegetable broth for a vegan vegetable soup. For some extra health benefits, you can even replace it with Bone Broth.
- Seasonings: Season this soup to taste with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning.
How To Make Keto Vegetable Soup
To make this delicious homemade vegetable soup, just follow a few simple steps and prepare your knife; there’s lots of chopping included.
- Prepare all the vegetables by peeling and dicing them into small pieces.
- Start by sauteing some onion and red peppers for a couple of minutes until the onions begin to change color and become tender.
- Then add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- After that, you can add the rest of the vegetables, broth, and seasonings.
- When the soup starts to boil, reduce to medium heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, covered, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Tip: If you’re not a fan of chunky vegetable soup, take a few cups of soup out, puree using a hand mixer, and return it to the pot.
Carbs In Vegetable Soup
Carbs in this keto soup come mostly from vegetables which also have fiber. To reduce carbs even more, you can use less onion or carrots.
This keto vegetable soup contains only 8 grams of net carbohydrates per serving. Also, all of the carbohydrates come from vegetables, which is usually a wholesome thing. In my opinion, it’s the best veggie soup recipe that you will ever try.
How To Store Low Carb Vegetable Soup?
This delicious low carb vegetable soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Another excellent option for storing vegetable soup is freezing. Once the soup has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to freezer containers and keep it for up to 3 months. To show this low carb vegetable soup, place the bag in the fridge overnight. Use a container or a shallow bowl in case it leaks. The next day, heat up on the stove or in the microwave.
What Seasonings Are Best for Vegetable Soup?
Vegetable soup is super customizable and can season it with any of your favorite seasonings such as:
- Italian herb mix
- chili flakes
- hot sauce
- smoked paprika
Regarding the seasonings that I used for this Vegetable Soup, I recommended: garlic, celery, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
How to Serve Keto Vegetable Soup
If you don’t like to eat it simply as it is, here are some suggestions to make this Low Carb Vegetable Soup more enjoyable:
- Eat it with Cornbread – this keto cornbread is fluffy, and tender, and it’s perfect for dipping into this delicious vegetable soup.
- Something crispy and spicy like these Keto Cheese Chips also pairs great with vegetable soup on a low carb diet.
- Seeds Crackers
If you don’t care about carbs, feel free to use potatoes, peas, butternut squash, and corn.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a strict keto recipe, don’t add carrots and onion. If you don’t have all the vegetables on hand, it’s not a big deal as you can use any vegetables you have in your pantry. The result is still delicious.
You can also use spinach, kale, broccoli, turnips, mushrooms, green peppers, eggplants, and pumpkin to substitute for the missing ingredients.
Looking for More Keto Soup Recipes? Try these:
- One Pot Low Carb and Keto Zuppa Toscana – this is one of the most popular recipes on the blog and everyone loves it.
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Easy Keto Vegetable Soup – Seriously Good Low Carb Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 10 oz. cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 8 cups low sodium broth chicken or vegetable for Vegan Soup
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves optional
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped to garnish
- sea salt optional, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional for heat
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower, carrots, celery, green beans, diced tomatoes.
- Pour the broth, and add Italian seasoning and bay leaves.
- Cover with a lid and simmer at medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower and carrots are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve warm garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: