This cucumber smoked salmon appetizer is not only elegant but delicious and quick to make. Extremely easy to assemble, this appetizer will surely impress your friends at the next dinner or party.
I just love salmon when combined with cream cheese and dill. These are usually served on seed crackers, which you can totally do using my seeds crackers. I find that cucumbers add a fresher taste.
Let’s be honest who’s not a fan of quick and delicious recipes? I know I am, and this is one of the recipes I often bring to parties or gatherings.
It’s seriously the easiest appetizer with smoked salmon recipe there is. On top of that, it involves no cooking, it’s gluten-free and super low carb.
Am I the only one that, along with the weather starting to warm up, I start craving easy and fresh dishes full of flavor? You can mix all these ingredients into a bowl, turning into a delicious cucumber salmon salad.
Ingredients for Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer
- Cucumbers – I used seedless English cucumbers
- smoked salmon
- cream cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, fresh dill
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly cracked pepper and fresh dill, to garnish
How To Make Smoked Salmon Appetizer
Salmon Cucumber Bites with Cream Cheese are incredibly easy to make. Just follow a few steps to create the perfect finger food.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cream cheese mixture. Use a blender or an electric mixer. It will help the cream cheese become super fluffy, and all the ingredients will be perfectly incorporated. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to let all the flavors infuse the cream cheese.
- Slice the cucumbers into ½-inch thick slices and arrange them on a platter.
- Pipe about one teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each cucumber slice and top with a small piece of smoked salmon.
- Garnish with fresh dill, freshly cracked pepper, and (optional) capers.
Can You Make Smoked Salmon Appetizer Bites Ahead?
You can definitely make this appetizer several hours before serving, but make sure to keep it refrigerated.
If planning to make this for the next day, cut the cucumber into pieces and make the cream cheese mixture, but don’t assemble until ready to serve.
Other Recipes You’ll love
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Mini Cheeseburger with Big Mac Sauce
- Cream Cheese and Cheddar Ham Roll-Ups
- Salmon Patties Recipe
Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer with Dill Cream Cheese
- 2 English cucumbers medium
- 2 oz smoked salmon
Cream Cheese Topping
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- Freshly cracked pepper and capers to garnish.
- To make the salmon cream cheese spread, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy. You can also add all the ingredients to a large bowl and use an electric mixer to combine. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice the cucumber into ½-inch slices. Using paper towels, carefully dry the cucumber slices.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture over the cucumber slices.
- Garnish with a little fresh dill, smoked salmon and freshly cracked pepper or capers.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: