These salmon patties are flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for meal prep. Enjoy delicious salmon cakes that are crispy on the outside but flaky and tender on the inside.
It’s a family favorite salmon recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, delicious served for lunch or dinner with a homemade dipping sauce or a side salad.
To be honest, in our house we’re not seafood lovers, but salmon is our favorite. We occasionally cook shrimp and tuna, but that’s it! I still think that we didn’t get the opportunity to eat properly cooked fish.
This summer, when we were in Spain, we had bacon-wrapped shrimp, and we loved every single bite. Bacon makes everything better.
- Why This Recipe Works
- Ingredients Salmon Patties
- Lemon Sauce
- How to Make Salmon Patties
- Can You Baked Salmon Patties?
- How to Store Salmon Cakes
- What to Serve with Salmon Patties
- Other Recipes You Might Like
- The Best Low Carb Keto Salmon Patties Recipe – Ready in 20 minutes
Why This Recipe Works
- Ultra flakey, tender , and flavorful salmon patties.
- A favorite family recipe that’s perfect for a quick dinner.
- Requires easy ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
- Super quick and easy to make in less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients Salmon Patties
In this recipe, I used canned salmon out of convenience, but if you have time to bake fresh salmon, do it. The salmon cakes will taste even better with freshly baked and seasoned salmon leftovers.
To keep these salmon patties low carb, we use almond flour and shredded parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs that are traditionally added to bind everything together.
Also, you can swap the yellow onion with red onion, and even add some chopped red bell peppers for extra color and taste.
These salmon patties are well seasoned with fresh herbs, and the fat in the parmesan will keep them tender.
If you love salmon, then this recipe is perfect for you. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- canned salmon
- almond flour or crushed pork rinds
- fresh dill and parsley
These canned salmon patties are best served with a creamy, lemony sauce that’s simple to make and super tasty. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together and serve over hot patties, if desired. You have to try it!
How to Make Salmon Patties
Making Salmon Patties is super easy because we use pre-cooked salmon, so in less than 20 minutes you have delicious low carb salmon patties to enjoy with your family.
- In a large bowl, flake the salmon using a fork and remove any bones.
- Add finely chopped onion to the bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients with a fork, and then use your hands to form salmon patties. I used about ¼ cup of salmon mixture for each patty.
- In a large pan over medium heat, fry the salmon patties until they get a nice golden color on both sides. So easy, right?
- Remove patties from the heat and serve with your favorite side salad and dipping sauce.
Can You Baked Salmon Patties?
Yes, baking salmon patties is a valid option for cooking them.
Preheat the oven to 375F and place the patties onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake the patties for 20 minutes, making sure to flip them halfway, so they crisp up on both sides.
Can I Air Fry Salmon Patties?
Preheat your air fryer to 400F and place the salmon cakes in the basket in a single layer. Air fry for 8-12 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges. You can brush the salmon patties with olive oil on both side to make them even crispier.
How to Store Salmon Cakes
If by any means you have leftovers, these easy salmon patties are freezer-friendly.
Store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The best way to reheat salmon patties is in a hot pan drizzled with some oil or melted butter.
To Freeze. You can freeze both cooked or uncooked salmon patties for up to 4 weeks.
When ready to serve, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator and reheat on the stove.
What to Serve with Salmon Patties
This Salmon patty recipe is super versatile and pairs well with many simple sides. You can try:
- Roasted Vegetables
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw
- Easy Baked Zucchini
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- Best Easy & Healthy Tuna Salad
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
The Best Low Carb Keto Salmon Patties Recipe – Ready in 20 minutes
- 10 oz canned salmon boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup almond flour or crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup Parmesan shredded
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix shredded salmon, almond flour, parmesan, onion, dill, parsley, mayonnaise, and spices.
- Using your hand form 8 small patties or four large ones.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter or add the olive oil.
- Cook the salmon patties for about 2 minutes on each side or until they look golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish and dipping sauce.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
Salmon Cake recipes yields 8 patties but what is a serving size? 1 patty?
You’re right. The macros are calculated for 1 salmon patty.
I loved these, I cut back a tad on the mayo and the parmesan, but these were FANTASTIC, and very nutritious. Thank you for your awesome recipes!
I stumbled upon your page because I could not find our family Salmon Croquette Recipe (and I was too lazy to search too far). I am so happy I found you!! These are so awesome and tasty! I used 1/8 cup of grated parmesan and all dried herbs (its what I had on hand). I also used pork rinds. I served them over salad for me and my family had them as a side with Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo. I heard no complaints! Hubby always complains how bready croquettes are…..not today. Thank you so much for posting! I think I’m going to dive into more of your recipes. 🙂
These are sooo yummy!
I went a little less on the mayo and only two eggs for a doubled recipe. I also made them spicy with some spicy garlic and cayenne.
Ioana, these were absolutely delicious! I made them last night for dinner and everyone loved it. I double batched the recipe and may triple it next time. There will without doubt be a next time and a time after that & time after that etc . Even my picky eater bragged on this recipe and wants them again . Your Zuppa Toscana was amazing also and I look forward to making more of your recipes. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
Made today, so so good! I will be making these again and again. Thank you!