These salmon patties are flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for meal prep. Enjoy delicious salmon cakes that are crispy on the outside but flaky and tender on the inside. It’s a family favorite salmon recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, delicious served for lunch or dinner with a homemade dipping sauce or a side salad.
To be honest, in our house we’re not seafood lovers, but salmon is our favorite. We occasionally cook shrimp and tuna, but that’s it! I still think that we didn’t get the opportunity to eat properly cooked fish. This summer when we were in Spain we had bacon-wrapped shrimps, and we loved every single bite. Bacon makes everything better.
Ingredients for Low Carb Salmon Patties
In this recipe I used canned salmon out of convenience but if you have time to bake fresh salmon do it. The patties will taste even better with freshly baked and seasoned salmon.
To keep these salmon patties low carb, we use almond flour and shredded parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs that are traditionally added to bind everything together.
Also, you can swap the yellow onion with red onion, and even add some chopped red bell peppers for extra color and taste.
These salmon patties are well seasoned with fresh herbs, and the fat in the parmesan will keep them tender.
If you love salmon, then this recipe is perfect for you. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- canned salmon
- almond flour or crushed pork rinds
- fresh dill and parsley
How to Make Salmon Patties
Making Salmon Patties is super easy because we use pre-cooked salmon, so in less than 20 minutes you have delicious low carb salmon patties to enjoy with your family.
- In a large bowl flake the salmon using a fork and remove any bones.
- Add finely chopped onion to the bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients with a fork and then using your hands form salmon patties. I used about ¼ cup of salmon mixture for each patty.
- In a large pan over medium heat fry the salmon patties until they get a nice golden color on both sides. So easy, right?
- Remove patties from the heat and serve with your favorite side salad and dipping sauce.
Can You Make Baked Salmon Patties?
Yes, baking salmon patties is a valid option for cooking them.
Preheat the oven to 375F and place the patties onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake the patties for 20 minutes, making sure to flip them halfway, so they crisp up on both sides.
If by any means you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The best way to reheat salmon patties is in a hot pan drizzled with some oil or melted butter.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The Best Low Carb Keto Salmon Patties Recipe – Ready in 20 minutes
- In a large bowl mix shredded salmon, almond flour, parmesan, onion, dill, parsley, mayonnaise, and spices.
- Using your hand form 8 small patties or four large ones.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter or add the olive oil.
- Cook the salmon patties for about 2 minutes on each side or until they look golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish and dipping sauce.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.