Learn how to make the best eggplant pizza recipe using only low-carb ingredients and a few minutes of prep. Loaded with delicious flavors, this eggplant recipe is a healthier take on a classic pizza recipe.
So calling all pizza lovers! This Easy Eggplant Pizza takes the classic combination of cheese, pepperoni slices, and tomato sauce and elevates it with the addition of baked eggplant, resulting in a pizza that is both delicious and healthy.
Picture this: a pizza that’s not just any pizza. It’s a pizza with a twist – where the main star is the humble eggplant. Yep, that purple veggie transforms into a super cool pizza base. And guess what? It’s not only delicious but also a bit healthier. You’ll get all those amazing pizza vibes, but with an extra touch of veggie goodness.
So satisfy your pizza cravings without guilt by making this keto Eggplant pizza recipe. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or want to impress your family with something new and special, this recipe is perfect.
Why Eggplant Rocks?
Eggplant might seem like an ordinary veggie, but it’s like a secret superhero in the kitchen. It’s soft and tasty, and it’s great at soaking up flavors. Imagine it as a pizza crust – sounds interesting, right? We’re going to top it with all the good stuff, like tomato sauce, gooey cheese, and your favorite toppings, making it a taste explosion.
What Is Eggplant Pizza?
The Eggplant Pizza recipe is a delicious, healthier alternative to traditional pizza, replacing the traditional pizza dough crust with slices of roasted eggplant.
This recipe’s a great alternative for those looking for a low-carb or gluten-free pizza alternative since it’s made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
Why Are You Going To Love These Eggplant Pizza Bites
- Super easy to make with only 10 minutes of prep.
- It’s a customizable recipe- feel free to add your favorite toppings, such as ham slices, crumbled bacon, or onions, for a delicious treat.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can enjoy it as a tasty party appetizer, side dish, or even lunch.
- A healthy and delicious alternative to traditional Italian pizza.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s classic comfort food.
- Loaded with delicious pizza flavors.
You will need only a few simple ingredients to create this easy eggplant pizza recipe, and you probably already have them in your pantry. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Eggplant – use fresh and firm eggplant to obtain the best result.
- Olive Oil – used to roast the eggplant slices before adding the toppings.
- Oregano – add a delicious and distinct flavor to the pizza.
- Pizza Sauce – you can use a homemade one or buy it from the store (just make sure it is sugar-free). You can also use marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese – feel free to add your favorite shredded cheese like cheddar or provolone cheese. Replace with vegan cheese if you’re looking for a dairy-free alternative.
- Salt – is used to enhance all the flavors in this eggplant pizza.
How To Make Easy Eggplant Pizza
Once you see how easy it is to prepare this delicious eggplant pizza recipe, you will want to make them over and over again. So, here are the instructions that you have to follow:
First things first, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). This is where the magic starts!
Slice and Season the Eggplant
Take that beautiful eggplant and slice it into rounds that are about ¾-inch thick. Now, it’s time to give them some flavor love. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil – they’re going to soak up all that goodness. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and a touch of dried oregano on the tops for that extra kick of flavor.
Bake Until Tender
Lay those seasoned eggplant slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and let the oven work its charm. Bake them for around 15 minutes until they turn tender and take on a golden hue to remove the excess moisture. Your kitchen will be filled with the most mouthwatering aroma!
Load Up with Goodness
Carefully take out the baking sheet with the eggplant slices. Now comes the fun part – piling on those delicious toppings! Start with a dollop of pizza sauce, then sprinkle a generous handful of shredded cheese. And, of course, don’t forget the mini pepperoni slices – they bring that amazing zing!
Time for the grand finale. Put the baking sheet back into the oven and let the flavors meld. Bake for just 5 more minutes until you see that beautiful golden brown color forming on top.
Top this low carb eggplant pizza recipe with fresh basil, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Choose large and firm eggplant with smooth skin to yield better results.
- Slice the eggplant to the same size to ensure they bake evenly.
- You can roast or grill the eggplant slices instead of baking them.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the eggplant slices from sticking to the baking sheet.
How To Serve This Eggplant Pizza Recipe
I love enjoying this easy eggplant pizza recipe, simple as it is, but if you want, you can also pair it with many other dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast: The simplicity of a well-cooked oven-baked chicken breast can complement the robust flavors of the eggplant pizza.
- Grilled Steak: A perfectly grilled steak can be a hearty addition to your meal. Slice it thin and serve on the side, or even atop your pizza slice for a meaty bite!
- Blackened Chicken Breast: Add a hint of spice and smokiness with blackened chicken. The strong flavors from the seasoning will contrast and highlight the milder eggplant base.
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast: Get that perfect golden crust on your chicken by pan-searing it. The juicy interior and the crispy exterior provide a delightful texture contrast to the soft and rich eggplant pizza.
- Salads and Sides: Think about adding a light salad, perhaps with arugula, cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic glaze, or a side of garlic bread. These can be great accompaniments that enhance the overall meal without overshadowing the star of the show – the eggplant pizza.
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables: For those who want a meatier side, this dish provides a spicy and flavorful addition.
- Fridge: you can store any eggplant pizza leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: you can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or oven for a couple of minutes until heated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Eggplants Keto-Friendly?
Yes, eggplants are considered keto-friendly. According to the USDA website, eggplant is a healthy vegetable for those following a keto diet since there are only 2.4 grams of net carbohydrates in one cup of raw eggplant.
Additionally, eggplants are rich in fiber and provide essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
However, not all recipes with eggplant are keto, but you can easily turn them into a keto version by making a few changes to the ingredients.
How Do I Prevent Eggplant Slices From Becoming Soggy?
To avoid soggy eggplant slices, roast or grill them before adding the toppings. Additionally, you can pat the slices dry after rinsing off the salt and properly preheating the baking sheet to ensure a crispy crust.
More Eggplant Recipes
- Sauteed Eggplant Recipe
- Best Ratatouille Recipe
- Eggplant Rollatini with Creamy Spinach Cheese Filling
Easy Eggplant Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Slice the eggplant into ¾-inch thick slices.
- Brush them on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle the tops with salt and the dried oregano.
- Place the eggplant slices on the baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the oven and top them with pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and mini pepperoni slices.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.