This Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables is a quick meal ready in just 30 minutes. Enjoy a low carb healthy dinner full of flavor and nutritious vegetables.
Do you know those recipes that seem like they’re making themselves? I mean, you don’t need any cooking skills, and all the magic happens in the oven… Well, so is this recipe. All you have to do is chop the vegetables, season them as you like, and bake them in the oven until perfectly cooked.
This one-pan meal saves me tons of time whenever I have to make a quick weeknight dinner. Sheet pan sausage and veggies bake is a busy family’s dream come true!
Try this sheet pan dish recipe and tell us if you love it.
Why Are You Going To Love This Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies Recipe
- Easy to make in just 30 minutes from start to finish
- Perfect for those busy weeknights.
- Full of flavor and healthy vegetables.
- One pan, easy prep, and easy cleanup
- Super versatile – use your favorite vegetables and seasonings.
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Sausage And Veggies
You will need only a few easy ingredients that you probably already have on hand for this delicious and easy sheet pan recipe. Here is everything you’ll need:
- Sausage – I used kielbasa smoked sausage, but you can use chicken, pork, or turkey sausage. In fact, any sausage is perfect for this recipe if it is pre-cooked.
- Pumpkin – adds color and sweetness to this dish. You can replace it with sweet potato or carrots.
- Broccoli – adds an incredible texture, flavor, and nutrients to this sheet pan meal.
- Bell Pepper – you can use both green and red bell pepper for a colorful dish.
- Garlic – use fresh garlic for a more intense flavor.
- Olive Oil – is my favorite oil for roasted vegetables.
- Italian Seasoning – feel free to use any other seasoning that you love to
- Salt and pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Sheet Pan Sausage And Veggies Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites because it is easy to make since it’s ready in only 30 minutes. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 400F.
- Wash and chop up the vegetables to the same size. Then, slice the sausage into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Spread the sausage and vegetables onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with Italian seasoning, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are fork-tender. Flip and stir the vegetables halfway through baking time.
A great thing about this recipe is that it is extremely versatile. Here are some great ideas of other vegetables that you can add to your sheet pan sausage bake:
- Green beans
- Red onion
- Brussel Sprouts
- Grape Tomatoes
You can also add some shredded parmesan cheese over the vegetables and sausage a few minutes before it’s ready.
Tips For Making The Best Sheet Pan Sausage And Veggies
- Chop the vegetables into the same size to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- To ensure that the vegetables and sausage cook evenly on all sides, stir and rotate the pan halfway through.
- Keep an eye on the oven to prevent the vegetables from burning.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan because some vegetables may be overcooked, and others will remain raw. Root vegetables need extra time to bake in the oven.
- Feel free to customize using your favorite herbs and spices. Red pepper flakes are fantastic.
I like to eat this sheet pan sausage and veggies as simple as it is since it’s full of veggies and nutrients. But you can also pair it with many side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
You can store the veggies and sausage leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Reheat the leftovers in the microwave for 2 minutes or reheat them in the oven.
Can I Make This Recipe In Advance?
Yes, sheet pan recipes are fantastic for meal prep. You can prep all the ingredients and store them in the fridge until ready to bake.
Can I Use Frozen Vegetables?
I don’t recommend using frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones for making this sheet pan sausage for dinner.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetables
- Quick Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Keto Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Healthy Greek Sheet Pan Chicken
Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables
- 12 oz smoked sausage or 3 cups sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup pumpkin or sweet potato diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or your favorite spice blend
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the vegetables: wash and chop all vegetables into similar sizes, so they cook evenly. Then slice the sausage into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Spread the sausage and vegetables onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are fork tender. Flip and stir the vegetables halfway through baking time.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.