Super chocolatey, gooey, and chewy, this keto chocolate chip skillet cookie it’s the perfect gluten-free sweet treat that will satisfy your cravings for cookies in only a few minutes.
Each bite of this mouth-watering sugar-free chocolate chip skillet cookie is a dream for any cookie lover and not only. Just think about a great combination of sweet, crunchy, and tender cookie dough loaded with chocolate chips; all these are then baked in one skillet until soft and gooey.
The best part about this recipe is that there is no need for chilling or scooping the dough; just press the dough to the bottom of the skillet, bake it and enjoy. Sounds great, right?
Made from naturally low-carb ingredients, this easy chocolate chip skillet cookie, it’s perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth craving and impressing your loved ones at a family gathering.
What Is A Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie?
A skillet cookie recipe consists of a giant, soft, chewy cookie baked in a cast-iron skillet, then served warm with ice cream or caramel sauce.
Why Are You Going To Love These Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe
- Super easy and quick to prepare.
- It’s a versatile recipe; you can skip the chocolate chips and add your favorite mix-ins.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Perfect for a party with your friends.
- It’s a decadent treat perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth.
Ingredients For Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
What’s not to love about a recipe that’s made using easy-to-find ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, and it’s also extremely delicious and easy to make? Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- Eggs – use room-temperature eggs to avoid any eggy flavor. They act like a binder and add moisture to the cookie dough.
- Butter – gives a rich buttery flavor to the chocolate chip skillet cookie.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract for an intense flavor.
- Sweetener – use your favorite powdered sweetener to mix well into the batter. Replace with Swerve brown for a rich flavor.
- Almond Flour – is one of the best low-carb flour substitutes to create sweet treats. I prefer a superfine, blanched almond flour for the best texture.
- Baking Powder – acts like a leavening agent to help the cookie rise and provide a tender texture.
- Salt – used to enhance all the flavors.
- Chocolate Chips – you will need unsweetened dark chocolate chips or use dark chocolate chips instead. Choose a chocolate with at least 70% cocoa content to keep the sugar content low.
These variations make a Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie even more nutritious and flavorful.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
This sugar-free chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious dessert recipes I have ever tried. Here are the instructions that you have to follow:
Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C, and grease an oven-proof skillet with butter to prevent the cookie from sticking to the pan.
Making The Cookie Dough
Mix The Wet Ingredients. Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and mix for about 3 minutes until frothy and well combined.
Add The Dry Ingredients. Add the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt and mix until the batter is well combined.
Fold In The Chocolate Chips. Add the chocolate chips and fold them using a silicone spatula.
Baking The Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Press the cookie batter into a cast iron skillet in an even layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until the edges are crunchy and the center is still gooey.
Remove from the oven when it’s slightly underbaked. This giant cookie keeps cooking after done baking. Serve warm with your favorite ice cream!
Tips For Making Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- You can replace the butter with the same amount of coconut oil.
- Make sure that you are using a non-stick skillet to prevent sticking.
- Let the cookie cool for a few minutes before slicing it.
- Don’t overbake the chocolate chip skillet cookie; otherwise, you will end up with a dry and crumbly texture.
- Shift the dry ingredients for a perfect texture.
- Nuts: You can add some chopped like pecans, almonds, or macadamia nuts for a crunchy texture.
- Spices: Add some spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for extra flavor.
- Dried Fruits: Replace the chocolate chips with dried fruits like cranberries.
- Add a spoonful of homemade caramel or peanut butter filling in the center before baking the cookie.
- Pumpkin puree: Adding pumpkin puree to the cookie dough can give it a moist and cake-like texture, while also adding fiber and nutrients. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree in the recipe, and adjust the amount of almond flour accordingly.
You can serve this keto chocolate chip skillet cookie simply as it is or pair it with many other delicious toppings for an incredibly delicious experience culinary treat. Here are some great ideas:
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- Room Temperature: you can store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Wrap the cookie in plastic wrap, place it in the freezer-safe bag, and store it for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Without A Cast-Iron Skillet?
Sure, you can use any oven-safe 9-inch baking dish if you don’t have a cast-iron skillet.
Can I Make This Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Dairy-Free?
Sure, if you are following a dairy-free diet, you can still enjoy this recipe by replacing the butter with the same amount of coconut oil.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make this cookie recipe and leave it covered at room temperature for 3 days until you are ready to enjoy it.
You can also prepare the dough, store it in the fridge for 2 days, and bake it anytime you want to enjoy a warm slice of cookie with a dollop of ice cream.
More Cookies Recipes
- Keto Breakfast Cookies (Easy, Delicious, And Healthy)
- Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Crinkle Cookies – Low Carb Christmas Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C, and grease an oven-proof 9-inch skillet with butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix for about 3 minutes until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt and mix until there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
- Press the cookie batter into the bottom of the skillet, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve it with your favorite ice cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: