These keto crinkle cookies are thick, fudgy, and have a brownie texture. With only 2g net carbs, enjoy gluten-free cookies that are extremely easy and fun to make, perfect for the holidays!
Christmas is almost here, and so it starts the holiday baking season.
I am a cookie lover, and for Christmas, I love to have tons of cookies prepared. And this chocolate keto cookies recipe is one of the best I’ve eaten.
It’s similar to my easy keto flourless chocolate cookies that are insanely chocolatey.
Keto Crinkle Cookies are just as important as gingerbread cookies, keto sugar cookies or snowball cookies on your holiday cookie tray.
Now tell me, who doesn’t love a delicious sugar-free cookie? This recipe is perfect if you’re something sweet, and it’s great for any time of the year, especially around the holidays. They are super fun to make, and kids will love helping out!
Why Are You Going To Love These Gluten Free Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- These cookies are perfect for the Christmas season and not only.
- Extremely easy to make with simple low carb ingredients.
- It’s a sugar-free and gluten-free cookie recipe that tastes like brownies.
- Cookies are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Store well – so you can make it ahead of time.
Ingredients For These Keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
To make these delicious keto chocolate crinkle cookies, you will have to use only a few simple low-carb ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- Almond Flour & Coconut Flour – this mix is perfect for baking keto sweets. I love to mix these two keto flours for a better and less gritty texture.
- Cocoa Powder – be sure that you have a high-quality cocoa powder that is also unsweetened. Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch-process cocoa powder are both fabulous options.
- Baking Powder – helps cookies grow and be airy.
- Xanthan Gum – this ingredient is used to help ingredients bind together.
- Granulated Low Carb Sweetener – in this recipe, I used Erythritol, but you can use your favorite low carb sweetener.
- Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener – This recipe needs both powdered and granulated sweetener.
- Eggs – large room temperature eggs are best to reduce that eggy taste.
- Butter – It can be easily substituted with coconut oil. If you’re using butter, make sure it’s unsalted softened butter.
- Vanilla Extract – my indispensable ingredient in any dessert that I make. Use pure vanilla extract.
- Salt – It helps intensify all the flavors.
How To Make Keto Crinkle Cookies
If you follow the next steps, you will end up with some wonderfully soft and crisp cookies that are extremely easy to make.
- Start by mixing in a bowl all the dry ingredients except the sweetener.
- In another bowl, add the softened butter and sweetener add beat them for about 3 minutes. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for another minute.
- Combine the dry mixture with the wet one and mix at a low speed until a sticky dough forms.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to make it easier to form cookies.
- Mix the rolling ingredients, and start making the cookies.
- Make 1-inch balls using an ice cream scoop or a spoon. Then roll each cookie in the sweetener mixture, and press them.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, and let them cool before rolling them again in the sweetener mixture.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Crinkle Cookies
- It’s extremely important to chill the dough; otherwise, the dough will be too sticky to work with.
- Make sure that you don’t overbake these low carb crinkle cookies. If you want to have some fudgy soft cookies, bake them until set to touch.
- You can use cooking spray on your hands to form the cookies.
- Sift all your dry ingredients to ensure there are no clumps.
Although these cookies are perfect as they are, you can play with them a bit if you want.
- Add some espresso powder to the dough to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Cranberries are another good choice if you want them to be a little tangy.
- Some chocolate chips or peanut butter chips would make a great addition.
- Add some orange extract instead of vanilla one.
- Make these cookies dairy-free by replacing the butter with coconut oil.
Storing Ideas For These Low Carb Crinkle Cookies
- Freezer: Freeze them in an airtight zipper bag for up to 2 months.
- Room temperature: place the cookies in a non-airtight container and store them on the counter at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure. This is another great thing about this recipe. Just double the recipe and freeze half of the cookie balls if you have some free time. This way, you can enjoy delicious cookies even if you’re having a busy day. All you have to do is to roll in the sweetener and bake.
Looking for More Keto Cookies? Try these:
- The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Cookies
- Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Low Carb Keto Oreo Cookies
- Coconut Flour Cookies (Keto & Low Carb)
- Double Chocolate Keto Hazelnut Cookies
Best Fudgy Keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¾ cups granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup butter melted or refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum optional
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 4 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Sift them(if possible) to remove any bigger chunks.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and granulated sweetener for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients and continue mixing at a low speed until combined. The dough should be slightly sticky. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop about one tablespoon, and shape into a ball. Roll each ball of dough into the sweetener mixture. Press them down using your hands.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool down for a few minutes.
- Roll them again into the sweetener and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: