This keto coconut cake is super soft, moist, fluffy, and perfect if you are a coconut lover. Loaded with coconut flavor, this grain-free cake is topped with a creamy sugar-free coconut frosting.
Truly the best keto coconut cake that’s a delicious low carb dessert perfect for any occasion, especially for festive meals, birthdays, or holidays. The coconut frosting is creamy, and the cake is super fluffy with an intense coconut taste.
With only 3 grams of net carbs per slice, this coconut cake is surely going to impress everyone.
Not going to lie; this keto cake is one of the easiest recipes you can make from scratch in your kitchen. I didn’t want to make a layered cake to save some time, but you can definitely double the recipe and make two layers of cake.
So, to all my coconut lovers, just gather all the ingredients and make sure you have everything you need to start baking this fabulous keto coconut cake.
I’m sure it will become your new favorite gluten-free cake recipe that’s ready in less than 40 minutes from start to finish.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Coconut Cake Recipe
- Sugar-free and gluten-free recipe
- Has only 3g net carbs per serving
- Moist, fluffy, and full of coconut flavor
- Topped with a delicious and creamy sugar-free coconut frosting
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Completely nut-free
Is Coconut Keto-Friendly?
Sure, coconut is one of the best fruits that great for a keto diet. With only 7g of net carb per one cup, you can easily add coconut to your keto recipes.
Ingredients For Keto Coconut Cake
This keto coconut cake needs canned coconut cream, which is super thick and creamy. The rest of the ingredients are common and easy to find at any store.
Keto Coconut Cake Layer Ingredients
- Eggs – make sure you use room temperature eggs to avoid that eggy flavor. If you are using small eggs, you will have to add one extra egg.
- Coconut Cream – This ingredient gives a touch of coconut flavor. Canned coconut cream is also high in fats, and this helps the cake stay super moist. But if you don’t have any, you can replace it with heavy cream and add some coconut extract. Just check the label, choose sugar-free coconut cream, and shake the can before using it.
- Sweetener – you can use your favorite low-carb sweeteners such as Erythritol or Monk Fruit.
- Coconut Extract – make sure that you use the best quality you can find. It’s essential to use coconut extract for the most amazing coconut flavor. You can find it in the baking aisle near the other extracts.
- Coconut Flour – This recipe is made entirely with coconut flour, making it excellent for those who are allergic to nuts. Because of the textural difference, almond flour is not a great substitute. Coconut flour is super absorbent, so it needs more liquids than other keto cake recipes.
- Shredded Coconut – make sure that you are using unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Baking Powder – this ingredient helps the cake rise and become fluffy.
Sugar-Free Coconut Frosting Ingredients
- Mascarpone Cheese – you can substitute the mascarpone cheese with cream cheese.
- Sweetener – used to sweeten the frosting. Make sure that you are using powdered sweeteners to combine well.
- Butter – I recommend using room temperature unsalted butter.
- Coconut Extract – gives an intense flavor of coconut to the frosting.
- Coconut Cream – helps the frosting to be creamier and tastier.
- Shredded Coconut
How To Make Keto Coconut Cake
If you follow the next steps, you will enjoy the most delicious keto coconut cake you have ever tried. You can’t go wrong if you follow the instructions and watch the step-by-step video.
Start by making the coconut cake.
- In a mixing bowl, add the coconut cream, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and coconut extract. Mix them for about 1-2 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, and mix them well.
- Mix in the shredded coconut using a spatula.
- Pour the cake batter into a 9inch cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees or until the top looks golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
TIP: Use only room-temperature ingredients to help the ingredients mix together easily. It also helps a low with the texture!
Make the coconut frosting.
Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix them for about two minutes until there are no lumps.
Assemble the cake
After the coconut cake is cooled, you can spread your cream cheese frosting over it and sprinkle it with shredded coconut.
Tips For Making The Perfect Keto Coconut Cake
- Use only room temperature to combine easily.
- If you want to make a layer cake, you will have to double the recipe and bake in two baking pans.
- Fridge – If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- Freezer – You can also freeze this coconut flour cake, but don’t add the frosting. Wrap the coconut cake in plastic wrap and freeze it until you want to eat it.
Equipment Needed To Make This Keto Coconut Cake
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- A springform pan
- Baking paper
More Keto Cake Recipes
- The Best Birthday Keto Vanilla Cake
- The Best Keto Red Velvet Cake – Only 4g carbs!
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake – Low Carb Cake
- The Best Low Carb Keto Carrot Cake
- Super Moist Double Chocolate Keto Pound Cake
Keto Coconut Cake
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 4 oz. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2– 1 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp coconut extract
Keto Coconut Cake Layer
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a 9-inch round baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut cream, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and coconut extract. Use an electric mixer to beat for about 1-2 minutes or until frothy.
- Mix in the coconut flour and baking powder.
- Incorporate the shredded coconut using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Coconut Frosting
- Add all the ingredients for the frosting to a mixing bowl. Mix using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy for about 2 minutes. Remember to use room temperature ingredients.
Assemble and frost the cake
- Place the cooled coconut cake layer on a serving plate and spread with the frosting evenly. Decorate with more shredded coconut, and enjoy!
- Refrigerate the cake for at least one hour before serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: