This keto blueberry cake is super moist and topped with a luscious lemon cream cheese frosting. It’s not only a great-looking low carb lemon cake but tastes refreshing, and it’s super easy to make. It’s a personal favorite, and it’s loved by everyone.
I know that chocolate is the king of desserts (and I shared plenty of keto chocolate desserts). But, this keto lemon blueberry cake is truly the best.
Just imagine three beautiful layers of grain-free lemon cake loaded with juicy blueberries filled with a delicious lemon cream cheese frosting made from scratch. And all of that is made without sugar or grains.
This keto lemon blueberry cake with whipped lemon frosting is now on the top of my keto dessert favorites list. And the best part is that it’s so easy to make.
Just stop and take a moment to make this lemon blueberry cake. If you love blueberries or have a birthday coming up, this cake is super moist, and it’s both sweet and tangy.
Watch our quick video to see exactly how to make this keto blueberry cake.
- Ingredients For Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
- How To Make Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Assemble the Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Are Blueberries Keto?
- How To Decorate a Keto Cake
- Tips for Making The Best Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
- How To Store Almond Flour Blueberry Cake
- Can I Freeze This Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Looking for More Keto Cake Recipes? Try these:
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake – Low Carb Cake
Ingredients For Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
You’ll be impressed by how few simple ingredients are needed for such a delicious cake:
For The Cake Batter:
- Almond & Coconut Flour – Sift your flour to ensure that the batter doesn’t have any clumps. This way, the texture of the cake is lighter.
- Baking Powder – makes the keto leaf cakes super fluffy.
- Eggs – To minimize the eggy flavor, use room-temperature eggs. They are also a good source of protein and help all the ingredients bind together.
- Lemon Juice – You may juice the same lemon you used for the zest, or you can use store-bought lemon juice.
- Lemon Zest – adds a boost of lemon flavor, but you can use lemon extract instead.
- Butter – Because this is a low carb dessert, use unsalted butter and only a pinch of salt. Salted butter will overshadow the sweet flavor. If you want a dairy-free keto cake, use melted coconut oil or avocado oil instead.
- Vanilla Extract – Use the highest vanilla extract you can find.
- Sweetener – I used Erythritol in this recipe, but Monk Fruit sweetener or Allulose would also work.
- Blueberries – For this cake, I used fresh blueberries. You may use frozen blueberries, but be sure to coat them in coconut flour so the extra liquid does not make the cake mushy.
- Salt – Brings out the sweetness.
For The Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese – Full-fat softened cream cheese is required. If you try to use fat-free, the result will not be as creamy.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – makes the filling taste super creamy and smooth. You can replace it with coconut cream if you want to make a paleo cake.
- Lemon Zest – Nothing beats lemon zest! It’s zesty and adds the perfect taste of lemon.
- Lemon Juice
- Butter – softened unsalted butter,
- Sweetener – I recommend using a powdered sweetener for the frosting as it dissolves easier.
How To Make Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
This Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake is incredibly simple to make in just a few simple steps. Although it appears to be a lot of effort, guess what? It is not that difficult. First, you’ll have to make a keto vanilla cake from scratch and then prepare the best sugar-free lemon cream cheese frosting.
Before making the cake batter, make sure that you preheat your oven and prepare your cake pans. You can use a cooking spray or a baking sheet; both ideas are good.
Then you can start mixing up the keto cake batter.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and the lemon zest in a separate mixing bowl, and mix them until they are well combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones until the batter looks smooth. Allow resting for a couple of minutes.
- Fold the blueberries into the cake batter.
- Then pour the cake mixture evenly into three prepared round cake pans and bake according to the recipe card below, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
Now you can make the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and beat them until well combined.
Assemble the Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake
To see exactly how to assemble this cake, head to our youtube channel and watch our quick step-by-step video tutorial.
Are Blueberries Keto?
Berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, have the lowest sugar content compared to any fruit. As a result, berries are ideal for a ketogenic diet. In addition, they are pretty simple to incorporate into your daily macros.
How To Decorate a Keto Cake
The cream cheese frosting with lemon is incredibly delicious, but it will be slightly softer than regular frosting. If it looks too unstable, pop it in the fridge for a couple of minutes to set up. Because we have three cake layers, divide the frosting into 3 equal portions so there will be enough to cover each cake layer.
To decorate, I used fresh blueberries and lemon zest- it makes the cake look super clean and fancy. If you’re filling fancy, you can add lemon slices, edible flowers or make a blueberry jam to drip all over the sides.
Tips for Making The Best Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
- To prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your cake layers, toss them in a tablespoon of coconut flour before adding them to the cake mixture. This will help them to stick in your cake batter and not sink.
- Sift the dry ingredients, get rid of the bigger clumps, and end up with an airy flours mixture.
- Room temperature ingredients are key for baking the best keto cake.
- Wash your lemons before zesting. Before eating any fruits or veggies, I usually wash them in a water and vinegar bath.
- Make sure not to over-mix the batter. As a result, the cake may become tough and thick.
- Don’t overbake the cake layers.
How To Store Almond Flour Blueberry Cake
Because of the cream cheese frosting, I recommend keeping any leftovers in a cake container in the fridge.
Can I Freeze This Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
Yes, you can, but I suggest eating it fresh.
- If you want to freeze your cakes without filling, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store them in the freezer.
- If you’re freezing the cake with the filling, store it in the freezer for 2 hours. When the frosting is frozen enough that nothing sticks to it, wrap the cake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and set it back in the freezer.
Looking for More Keto Cake Recipes? Try these:
- Keto Tres Leches Cake
- Keto Chocolate Orange Cake
- The Best Birthday Keto Vanilla Cake I’ve Ever Had – Only 4g Carbs
- Super Moist Double Chocolate Keto Pound Cake
- Easy Keto Vanilla Pound Cake – Low-Carb Recipe
Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake – Low Carb Cake
Keto Cake Batter:
- 2 cups almond flour blanched, super-fine
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup protein powder or more coconut flour
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- ⅓ cup lemon juice juice from 2 medium lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sweetener granulated Erythritol or Monk Fruit
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease 3 9-inch or 8-inch round cake pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Make the cake batter: In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice. Mix using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the flour mix over the wet ingredients and continue mixing until the batter looks smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter between prepared cake pans. Bake for about 30-35minutes until the top is set to touch and the edges look golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl, add all the lemon frosting ingredients and beat using an electric mixer until well combined and there are no lumps visible.
- Assemble the cake: Place the first cake layer on a cake stand or serving platter. Evenly spread 1/3 of the cream cheese frosting.
- Place the second cake layer and top with 1/3 of the frosting, then add the last cake layer. Top with the remaining frosting. Decorate with fresh blueberries and lemon zest. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: