Keto Dalgona Coffee, also called Whipped Cream is a silky 5 ingredients coffee made with instant coffee. The best part is making a fancy creamy coffee at home that’s aesthetically pleasing and super tasty.
I’m a huge coffee lover, and I love this new trend that’s taken the internet by storm. This coffee looks so fancy and tastes incredible. I enjoy every sip of it from the comfort of my home.
It’s a creamy iced coffee recipe that’s viral on all social platforms (TikTok, Youtube, Facebook, etc.). Everyone’s making it. And for a good reason: the frothy bittersweet coffee and cold milk it’s a combo made in Heaven.
It’s usually made with instant coffee and sugar, but it works just as fine with any granulated low carb sugar substitute such as Erythritol or Monk Fruit.
The name comes from South Korea because it resembles in texture to Dalgona batter toffee, which’s a famous Korean sponge toffee.
For a caffeine-free Dalgona Coffee, use decaffeinated instant powder.
Sugar-free Dalgona Coffee or whipped cream is something you definitely need to try.
Watch this quick step-by-step video to see exactly how to make this frothy keto iced coffee.
Ingredients for Keto Dalgona Coffee
For this frothy keto iced coffee, you’ll need just a few ingredients. The ratio is 1:1:1.
Use the same quantity of coffee, sugar, and boiling water :
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener (Use “LOWCARBSPARK10” at checkout for 10% discount)
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Ice cubes, optional
- Vanilla Extract
Try this if you want to make it into a frothy keto mocha: 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp instant coffee, 2 Tbsp sweetener, 2 Tbsp boiling water. Use the same method described at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Keto Dalgona Coffee
- To make this whipped Dalgona coffee, you’ll need to add instant coffee powder, sweetener, and boiling water to a medium-sized bowl.
In these times where we have so much free time, you can whisk using a round whisk.
Some say you’ll need to whisk for about 400 times to get that perfect frothy coffee. This will take about 5 minutes, and you can definitely count it as a workout.
But, an electric mixer makes this step so easy, and the result is incredible. If you don’t want to complicate your life and make this delicious Dalgona coffee faster, use your electric mixer. Mix for about 2 minutes until stiff peaks start to form.
- Fill a glass with ice and then pour in the milk. Top it with about three heaping tablespoons of frothy coffee and enjoy!
This recipe makes enough coffee mousse for 2 cups of coffee, therefore enough for two servings. You can either share it or keep it for later.
What Sweetener to use for the best results?
I recommend using Granulated Swerve to make a sugar-free Dalgona Coffee.
You can use Confectioners Swerve or Granulated Monk Fruits too.
Stevia or stevia-based sweeteners are not the best for this keto coffee recipe since it’s much sweeter and filled with maltodextrin.
If your sweetener is a mix of Erythritol and stevia, it should work.
How to Serve Keto Dalgona Coffee
I love having this Keto Dalgona Coffee in the morning for breakfast or sip on it just before I start working out.
It’s packed with caffeine and boosts my energy to power through my workouts (I’m a total beginner.)
For a complete keto breakfast I pair it with:
- Breakfast Keto Egg Muffins
- Easy Keto Vanilla Pound Cake
- Keto Blueberry Bread
- The best Keto Pancakes | Low Carb & High Fat
Keto Dalgona Coffee – Sugar-Free Whipped Coffee
- In a medium mixing bowl, add instant coffee, Sweetener, and boiling water.
- Whisk vigorously using a round whisk for about 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks start to form. Whisk for 400 times until fluffy. Using a fork or a spoon takes way too long.
- Use your hand mixer and mix at medium speed for about 2 minutes until your mixture is thick and creamy.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice, add the milk of choice and top with whipped cream
- Stir and serve. Enjoy!
Immersion blenders and classic blenders don’t turn the coffee into stiff peaks. Add vanilla extract for an extra special iced coffee.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: