These crispy baked zucchini fries are delicious, satisfying, cheesy, and easy to make. Enjoy these fries as a healthy snack, appetizer for parties, or side dish for just 4g carbs a serving.
Zucchini is a very versatile low carb vegetable that’s the perfect substitute for pasta, and you can make some delicious zucchini fritters, a creamy zucchini casserole, or an incredibly low carb zucchini bread.
It’s so fun to make this baked zucchini recipe. It’s the best way to include more vegetables into my diet while satisfying fries cravings.
Since zucchini is in season, I’m thrilled to make so many delicious recipes. We tend and try (mostly!) to eat seasonally or at least make more meals using fresh garden zucchini.
The best part? No oil is needed to make these super crispy fries. Just use the right seasoning mix and enjoy these amazing zucchini fries.
- Why We Love These Zucchini Fries
- Ingredients for Zucchini Fries
- How To Cut Zucchini Fries?
- How to Make Zucchini Fries?
- How To Make Crispy Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer?
- How Long to Bake Zucchini Fries
- How To Serve
- How to Store Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Carbs in Healthy Zucchini Fries
- Other Delicious Zucchini Recipes:
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
Why We Love These Zucchini Fries
- Contain less fat and are low in calories
- Loaded with flavor and easy to make
- You can bake or make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Coated in a delicious seasonings mix and parmesan cheese.
- Super crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Ingredients for Zucchini Fries
For these delicious ovens baked parmesan zucchini fries you’ll need just a few ingredients. I’m always amazed by how common ingredients when paired together deliver such flavorful results. Just four ingredients plus seasonings:
- Almond Flour
How To Cut Zucchini Fries?
Turning the zucchini into fries is fairly easy:
- Wash and trim the ends off the zucchini. Cut them in half widthwise.
- Cut and slice each half of the zucchini vertically into about 1/2- inch thick slices.
- Cut each zucchini slice lengthwise into 4-5 zucchini fries. Here’s a great visual tutorial on how to perfectly cut zucchini for fries.
- Repeat the steps for all your zucchini.
How to Make Zucchini Fries?
Making gluten-free & keto zucchini fries without bread crumbs is super easy.
- After you cut the zucchini into strips, get two shallow bowls.
- In the first one beat, the eggs, and in the second one prepare the zucchini fries coating. For that combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- It’s time to coat the zucchini. Dip each slice of zucchini in the egg wash then transfer to the almond flour “station.” Coat the zucchini well, remove the excess and transfer to the baking tray.
Once baked we love to dunk them into ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or guacamole.
PS: You can make baked no breading zucchini fries. Just cut the zucchini, sprinkle with seasonings and bake until crispy and delicious.
How To Make Crispy Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer?
These zucchini fries can be cooked in an air fryer too. Just follow the same “breading” steps and then cook them in the air fryer at 400F for about 10 minutes flipping halfway.
How Long to Bake Zucchini Fries
Baking time depends on the thickness of each zucchini slice. For the best results, I bake them for about 15-20 minutes. Flip them halfway to make sure they’re crispy on both sides.
How To Serve
While these fries are delicious on their own here are some of my favorite dipping sauces:
- Ranch Dressing
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Marinara Sauce
How to Store Parmesan Zucchini Fries
My recommendation would be to eat them fresh or at least on the same day. Keep in mind that once refrigerated these zucchini fries become less crunchy.
Carbs in Healthy Zucchini Fries
This zucchini fries recipe is oven-baked, and we use no oil. As for the coating, using almond flour and parmesan make this easy zucchini recipe very low in carbs. One serving of about 10 zucchini fries provides:
Other Delicious Zucchini Recipes:
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Fritters
- The Easiest Zucchini Bread
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna
- Keto Alfredo Creamy Zucchini Noodles
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch strips and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a medium shallow bowl, crack the egg and lightly beat it.
- In a second bowl combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, and seasonings to prepare the coating.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the beaten egg then coat thoroughly with the almond flour mix. Shake off the excess and place them into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and flip them halfway through baking time or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve right away with your favorite dip.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: