Easy baked zucchini is the best low carb side dish for almost any meal or the perfect keto snack. This roasted zucchini is slightly crispy, super flavorful, and ready in under 10 minutes.
Everyone loves this quick and crispy low carb parmesan zucchini recipe.
Ingredients for Baked Parmesan Zucchini
Oven Roasted Zucchini need only 5 common pantry low carb ingredients that you probably already have on hand:
- Zucchini – the star vegetable of this recipe. Use small to medium zucchini because they’re less watery.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmigiano Reggiano is my absolute favorite. It completes the flavor in this zucchini recipe making the top super crispy.
- Olive Oil – Any oil you have on hand works just as fine, but I prefer using extra virgin olive oil for some extra flavor.
- Italian Seasoning – My favorite summer seasoning that I often use to add flavor to my protein or salads. I love to make a batch of homemade Italian seasoning and keep in my pantry.
Tips for The Best Crispy Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
Zucchini is one of those versatile vegetables that can be used in different low carb recipes, but if cooked wrong can get watery and super soggy. Here are a few tips on how to always get perfectly roasted zucchini:
- Cut the zucchini in ½” inch slices. This is the perfect size that works in this recipe.
- If your zucchini looks watery, pat dry with clean paper towels to reduce the moisture.
- Do not salt the zucchini before baking to prevent them from getting too salty.
How to Store Baked Parmesan Zucchini
I highly recommend eating baked parmesan zucchini fresh, warm straight out of the oven. If you prefer storing them, I suggest using an airtight container and arrange the zucchini rounds with paper towels between them. You’ll need to reheat them in the oven.
Unfortunately, freezing is not an option in this recipe, as I couldn’t find a way to store them in the freezer without getting soggy.
More Low Carb Zucchini Recipes
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Healthy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna
- Keto Alfredo Creamy Zucchini Noodles
Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 425°F/ 220°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice each zucchini into ½” inch thick.
- Place the zucchini rounds into a large bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning. Use your hands to make sure all zucchini slices are covered in oil and seasonings.
- Line the zucchini slices onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Top with parmesan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is golden and the zucchini are crisp.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: