Easy baked zucchini is the best fresh side dish for almost any meal! This roasted zucchini with parmesan is slightly crispy, super flavorful, and ready in under 10 minutes. Definitely, the best way to cook zucchini!
Why You’ll Love Baked Zucchini
- Super easy to make in just a few minutes.
- Requires only 10 minutes of prep.
- Uses a healthy cooking method instead of frying them in an oil bath.
- It’s a customizable recipe- feel free to add your favorite seasonings!
- It’s a low-carb side dish that can be paired with many main dishes.
- It’s a great idea for using up extra zucchini.
Oven Roasted Zucchini need only 5 common pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand:
- Zucchini – is the star vegetable of this recipe. Use small to medium zucchini because they’re less watery.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmigiano Reggiano is my absolute favorite. It completes the flavor in this zucchini recipe making the top super crispy.
- Olive Oil – Any oil you have on hand works just as fine, but I prefer using extra virgin olive oil for some extra flavor.
- Italian Seasoning – My favorite summer seasoning that I often use to add flavor to my protein or salads. I love to make a batch of homemade Italian seasoning and keep in my pantry.
Tips for The Best Crispy Parmesan Zucchini
Zucchini is one of those versatile vegetables that can be used in different low carb recipes, but if cooked wrong can get watery and super soggy. Here are a few tips on how to always get perfectly roasted zucchini:
- Cut the zucchini into ½” inch slices. This is the perfect size that works in this recipe.
- If your zucchini looks watery, pat dry with clean paper towels to reduce the moisture.
- Do not salt the zucchini before baking to prevent them from getting too salty.
- Try cutting the zucchini into even slices to bake evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet; you can cook the zucchini in batches to obtain crunchy and evenly cooked zucchini bites.
- Once roasted, squeeze a little lemon juice over the zucchini slices or sprinkle them with fresh herbs like parsley or basil. This adds a bright and refreshing element to the dish.
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray oil to prevent sticking.
How Long to Bake Zucchini
Zucchini is super easy to overcook, and it turns out watery and mushy. It’s best to roast zucchini at a higher temperature for a super short period of time which allows the zucchini to become super crispy.
- Baking time varies depending on how thick your slices are. It also may vary based on the oven temperature.
- This recipe used 1/2 inch slices, and baking them at 425 degrees delivers the best results.
- In this recipe, the zucchini needs to be baked for about 10 minutes as zucchini slices are super soft and don’t need a lot of time to bake.
How to Store
I highly recommend eating baked parmesan zucchini fresh, warm straight out of the oven. If you prefer storing them, I suggest using an airtight container and arranging the zucchini rounds with paper towels between them. You’ll need to reheat them in the oven.
Can I Freeze Baked Zucchini?
Unfortunately, freezing is not an option in this recipe, as I couldn’t find a way to store them in the freezer without getting soggy.
- Before baking, generously sprinkle minced garlic over the zucchini slices for an added burst of savory goodness.
- For a delightful Italian twist, generously season the zucchini with fragrant Italian Seasoning.
- Add some red pepper chili flakes over the zucchini slices if you like the spicy flavor.
- You can pair these baked zucchini with many chicken recipes like Air Fryer Whole Chicken or Spatchcock Chicken.
- It pairs perfectly with many pork recipes: Air Fryer Pork Steak, Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin, or Creamy Pork Chops.
- It’s also great with many fish recipes like Honey Mustard Salmon, Cream Cheese Baked Salmon, or Pan Seared Cajun Salmon.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- The Best Zucchini Slice
- Healthy Zucchini Fritters
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna
- Alfredo Creamy Zucchini Noodles
Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 425°F/ 220°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice each zucchini into ½” inch thick.
- Place the zucchini rounds into a large bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning. Use your hands to make sure all zucchini slices are covered in oil and seasonings.
- Line the zucchini slices onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Top with parmesan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is golden and the zucchini are crisp.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: