Keto ranch dressing is a flavourful addition to your veggies, a great low carb salad dressing, and the perfect dip. It will take less than 5 minutes to make, and it’s better than any store-bought dressing.
This keto ranch dressing recipe is a staple in our kitchen because, in my opinion, it goes well with almost everything. It won a permanent place in my refrigerator, and I enjoy it more than any other dressings.
It’s a great way to increase the fresh vegetables you eat when you know you can definitely change their taste with a fantastic sauce.
After making this ranch recipe, you’ll instantly become a fan and use it as a dressing for all the salads and as a dip for all the raw veggies you love.
I’ve always thought that making my own condiments from scratch is way too time-consuming. However, since starting a ketogenic diet, I choose to make my own sugar-free barbeque sauce, ketchup, burger sauce, or blue cheese dressing. This way I’m sure that
Watch this quick video to see how easy it is to whip up this keto homemade ranch dressing!
- Is Ranch Dressing Keto?
- Reasons You’ll Love This Keto Ranch
- Ingredients in Keto Ranch Dressing
- How to Make Keto Ranch Dressing?
- How Long To Store Homemade Ranch Dressing?
- Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Low Carb Keto Ranch Dressing – Quick and Easy Dip
Is Ranch Dressing Keto?
Regular ranch dressing is not keto-friendly as most of the store-bought options contain extra added sugar. Usually, a classic ingredient in homemade ranch dressing is buttermilk which is slightly higher in carbs. However, it’s super easy to make a low-carb ranch dressing using keto-friendly ingredients that tastes even better than the original.
If you’re wondering if Hidden Valley ranch is keto-friendly the answer is yes, but in moderation. With only 2g of net carbs for a 2 tablespoons serving, you can easily indulge in the original Hidden Valley ranch.
Reasons You’ll Love This Keto Ranch
- It’s smooth and extra creamy
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- It’s sugar-free and grain-free
- Only 0.5g carbs per serving
Ingredients in Keto Ranch Dressing
To make sure that you’re using the right keto ingredients you’ll have to start by reading the ingredients list on the mayonnaise because most of the store-bought jars have added sugar and are made with unhealthy oils.
First of all, find mayonnaise that’s made with olive or avocado oil for a healthier option. It would be great if can use homemade mayonnaise, but if you want to save some time grab one that doesn’t have any sugar listed in the ingredients.
Secondly, gather all the spices. This keto dressing is so easy to make and has less than 1g of carbs for a tablespoon. In fact, it has 0.5g and you can have 2 tablespoons with no worries.
Because we are using sour cream and heavy whipping cream along with the mayonnaise, we’ll result in a creamy dressing balanced by the acidity in the lemon. You can substitute the lemon with vinegar too.
For a printable version scroll down until the recipe card, and you’ll find there a “print” button.
Here are the low carb ingredients you’ll need to make the best keto ranch dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fine pink salt
- 3 tsp lemon juice
My low carb ranch dressing is packed with flavor and has a little kick from the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
You can make it as thin or as thick as you want, the dressing is so creamy, insanely delicious, and most important high in healthy fats (much needed on a keto diet)
How to Make Keto Ranch Dressing?
If you read my blog for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of simple recipes that don’t give you headaches until you can find all the ingredients.
Ranch dressing is usually made using buttermilk or buttermilk powder for some extra tanginess which also makes this sauce easier to drizzle. These ingredients aren’t a staple in my kitchen, and I choose to use lemon juice to make ranch dressing without buttermilk that still tastes delicious.
- Gather all the ingredients and spices.
- Grab a bowl and whisk together all the ingredients until well combined. There’s no right or wrong way of doing this. You can always adjust the taste by adding more salt or any spice you love.
- Pour the dressing into a jar and keep it in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving to allow all the flavors to come out.
How Long To Store Homemade Ranch Dressing?
This ranch dressing can be stored in an airtight container or jar for up to one week.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
- Healthy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters
- Easy Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders
Easy Low Carb Keto Ranch Dressing – Quick and Easy Dip
- In a medium sized bowl add all the ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Transfer the ranch dressing in a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving, so all the flavors develop.
- Store the dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: