This easy keto garlic bread is the perfect addition to any pizza night. In less than 30 minutes, you can whip up a low carb keto garlic cheese bread with almond flour and coconut flour that’s going to satisfy your cravings without the carbs.
With only 3g net carbs per serving, this gluten-free cheesy garlic bread is super fluffy, tender, moist, and loaded with delicious garlic flavors.
This easy-to-make pull-apart bread is sure to become a regular at your dinner table – and why wouldn’t it? After all, who doesn’t love the flavor of garlic combined with cheese?
So make this recipe if you are looking for a delicious and satisfying keto bread that it can be served both as a side dish and even an appetizer.
This savory and cheesy keto bread it’s super easy to make and great to satisfy bread cravings while staying on track with a keto diet.
Is Garlic Bread Keto?
No, regular garlic bread is not keto, as it’s made using wheat flour which is too high in carbs.
However, my easy keto cheese bread recipe will give you all the cheesy, garlicky flavors of pull-apart bread without all the carbs. The dough is made from almond or coconut flour and mozzarella and cream cheese, making it grain-free, gluten-free, low carb, and keto friendly.
Why Are You Going To Love This Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread
- Easy to make. It’s easy to make and only has 3g net carbs per serving- making it a great gluten-free, keto-friendly option.
- Versatile recipe. You can customize this keto bread with different cheeses and herbs to suit your tastes.
- Deliciously cheesy and garlicky.
- Serve with your favorite dishes or as part of an appetizer spread
- It’s a crowd-pleaser.
- The leftovers store well in the fridge or freezer, so you can enjoy them later.
Ingredients For This Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread
To make this deliciously cheesy and garlicky dish, you’ll need almond or coconut flour, baking powder, eggs, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, butter, oregano, and garlic powder. These simple ingredients come together to form a fathead dough that I used as the base for this low carb keto cheese bread recipe.
- Mozzarella Cheese – I recommend using shredded low-moisture mozzarella for the best results.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure to use full-fat softened cream cheese. It adds richness and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Egg – The egg acts as a binding agent, helping to hold the dough together and giving it structure.
- Parmesan Cheese – Choose a high-quality parmesan cheese for the best flavro. Avoid pre-grated varieties, as they can be less flavorful. Freshly grated parmesan adds a savory, umami kick to the garlic bread.
- Garlic Powder – you can also use fresh minced garlic for an intense, delicious flavor.
- Oregano – feel free to use your favorite dried herbs or use an Italian seasoning blend.
- Parsley – fresh chopped parsley. You can also replace it with your favorite herbs such as basil, thyme or rosemary.
- Salt – to taste. Used to enhance all the flavors. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
How To Make Keto Garlic Bread
Once you prep all your ingredients and ensure the egg and cream cheese are at room temperature, you have to follow just a few easy steps. Here is everything you need to do:
Making The Dough
Start by preheating the oven to 425F/220C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it for one minute until the cheeses are melted. The melted cheese will serve as the base for the bread.
If you don’t have access to a microwave, use the stovetop to melt cheeses.
Once the cheese is melted, add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, oregano, and pepper over the melted cheese mixture. Mix everything together until well combined.
Incorporate the egg into the mixture and continue mixing until a sticky dough forms. The egg will act as a binding agent, helping to hold the bread together.
Shape the dough into a garlic bread shape, forming it into a long, thin loaf. You can use your hands to mold and shape the dough.
TIP: If the dough feels sticky, chill for a few minutes before forming into a log.
Baking The Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread
Place the baking tray with the shaped dough in the preheated oven. Bake the bread for 5 minutes to allow it to set and firm up slightly.
After 5 minutes, remove the bread from the oven. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and the remaining shredded mozzarella evenly over the bread. The additional cheese will create a delicious cheesy topping. Use your favorite cheese!
Return the baking tray with the cheesy bread to the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the bread turns golden brown and the cheese has completely melted.
Once the bread is done baking, take it out of the oven. Garnish it with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of freshness and added flavor.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Cheese Bread
- Use high-quality ingredients. When making this type of bread, ensure you use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese and garlic for the best results.
- Use finely ground almond flour. Using this type of flour will help your bread have a smooth and even texture.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Otherwise, it will the bread will become tough.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes. This step’s important since it helps the bread hold its shape and prevent it from crumbling.
- You can add some crumbled bacon for a smoky flavor and crunchy texture.
- Use your favorite types of cheese or a combination of cheeses to create a unique flavor for your garlic bread.
- Feel free to add other types of fresh herbs.
- Add some slices of jalapeño peppers for spicy, cheesy keto garlic bread.
Keep your keto cheese bread fresh for days by storing it in the refrigerator or freezer!
- Fridge: wrap this keto garlic cheese bread in plastic foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days;
- Freezer: wrap the cheesy bread in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating: Allow the bread to defrost in the refrigerator overnight before baking at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes. You can also use an air fryer set at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes until heated through.
What To Serve With This Cheese Keto Garlic Bread
I love enjoying this bread while it’s still warm, but there are so many other delicious ideas:
- You can serve it with your favorite keto soup.
- Go ahead and dunk a slice of that scrumptious keto cheesy garlic bread into your mouthwatering Shakshuka.
- Enjoy the incredible taste of the keto cheesy garlic bread alongside some homemade guacamole.
- Serve the keto cheesy garlic bread with easy salads to create a complete and balanced meal.
- Transform the keto cheesy garlic bread into an appetizer by serving it with your favorite dipping sauce. Whether it’s marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or any other keto-friendly dip, I’m sure everyone will love it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Keto Garlic Bread In The Air Fryer?
Yes, it’s possible to make air fryer keto garlic bread by simply combining all the ingredients as written in the recipe card below, then using the air fryer to bake it. Here are the air fryer instructions:
Preheat your air fryer to 350F/175C. Place the parchment paper with the dough into the air fryer basket, making sure it’s well-supported to maintain its shape.
Air fry the garlic bread for about 10-12 minutes or until it turns golden brown and crisps up to your desired texture. You can open the air fryer a couple of times during the cooking process to check on the progress.
Can I Eat Bread On A Keto Diet?
Eating bread on a keto diet may be quite difficult since most regular bread recipes are made using wheat flour and other ingredients high in carbs.
But fortunately, there are many keto versions of bread recipes made from naturally low-carb ingredients that taste the same as delicious as regular ones, just like this cheesy keto garlic bread.
Can I Use Only Coconut Flour In This Recipe?
Unfortunately, you can’t since the coconut flour absorbs the liquid more quickly than almond flour, and you will have to change the amount of the ingredients.
More Bread Recipes
- One-Bowl Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread – 3g net carbs
- Keto Cornbread – Best Low Carb Cornbread
- Vegan Keto Bread – Best Eggless Low Carb Bread
Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and cream cheese together for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, oregano, and pepper to the melted cheese mixture. Mix everything until well combined.
- Add the egg to the mixture and mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a baking tray and form it into a garlic bread shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes; remove it, sprinkle parmesan cheese and the remaining shredded mozzarella evenly over the bread.
- Return the bread to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked to perfection, remove the garlic bread from the oven and garnish it with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy your delicious homemade garlic bread!
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and shape it into a garlic bread shape, ensuring it fits inside the air fryer basket.
- Carefully transfer the parchment paper with the dough to the preheated air fryer basket. Make sure the bread is well-supported and not touching the heating element.
- Air fry the garlic bread for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until it turns golden brown and reaches your desired level of crispiness. You can open the air fryer occasionally to check on its progress.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.