This Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a low carb sweet bread, super moist, and fudgy. This sugar-free zucchini bread is made with almond flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. It’s a perfect low carb zucchini bread that’s gluten-free, grain-free, and only 3g net carbs per slice!
You’ll never know that this gluten-free cake has hidden zucchini. Whoever invented zucchini bread deserves a gold medal because it makes it easier to use up all those in-season zucchini while enjoying a decadent and moist chocolate cake. If you have a sweet tooth on keto and crave something super chocolatey, this low carb zucchini cake is for you!
Using zucchini in baked goods is my favorite way to cook them. My savory zucchini muffins are always a hit, and we made them super often this summer!
I know you, my readers are super chocoholics just like me as so many of you tried and loved my keto brownies recipe! This zucchini bread recipe is just as moist, tender, and incredibly delicious!
By the way, if you enjoy this recipe, you can get my Incredibly Easy Keto Desserts ebook!
Here’s Why You’ll Love this Keto Zucchini Bread with Chocolate:
- it’s a one-bowl recipe that needs only 5 minutes of prep
- super moist and perfectly spiced
- great way to eat more veggies
- Can be turned into delicious muffins
- Freezer friendly recipe
- you can easily make a double or triple batch
Ingredients for Keto Zucchini Bread
To make this gently spiced keto zucchini bread, you’ll need just a few basic low carb ingredients and some optional ones. I love to add walnuts or chopped pecans to my zucchini bread for some extra crunch, or you can throw in a handful of unsweetened dried cranberries or shredded coconut.
Here are all the ingredients needed in this delicious keto sweet bread with zucchini:
- Eggs– It’s important to use room-temperature eggs to reduce that eggy taste that most keto bread has.
- Shredded zucchini
- Sweetener– use your favorite granular sweetener such as Erythritol, Monk fruit, and even coconut sugar to make a paleo zucchini bread.
- Almond flour– make sure to choose blanched almond flour and sift it to remove any almond flour clumps. This way the bread has a better texture.
- Cocoa powder– the higher quality the cocoa powder has, the better overall taste in the end keto zucchini dessert.
- Baking Powder– helps the cake beautifully rise.
- ground cinnamon– gives that hint of delicious spice
- Coconut Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream – you can use either, but if you’re looking for a paleo zucchini bread recipe use coconut products instead of dairy.
- Optional: dark chocolate chips or unsweetened chopped chocolate, walnuts, pecans, or almonds
How to Make Keto Zucchini Bread?
It’s super easy to make this sugar-free keto zucchini bread once you have all the ingredients on hand. What’s fantastic about this keto chocolate bread with zucchini is that you can enjoy your veggies in such a fun and delicious way. It’s the perfect low carb sweet bread recipe to enjoy as a snack with a cup of tea for breakfast with a cup of my bulletproof coffee or topped with peanut butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C and shred the zucchini. You’ll need about 1 cup squeezed zucchini.
- Combine wet ingredients: large eggs, coconut cream (or heavy cream), vanilla extract, melted coconut oil(or butter), and sweetener.
- Add in the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and continue mixing with the electric mixer until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in shredded zucchini, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
- Pour the zucchini chocolate bread batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes. At this point, the zucchini bread should be ready, but it’s super moist, so if you insert a skewer to check for doneness, it won’t come out completely clean.
- Slice and enjoy!
Even if you are not a zucchini fan, you will love this keto chocolate zucchini bread! Just make it and see for yourself that this is the best way to cook with zucchini.
How to Store Zucchini Bread
You can store this keto bread at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you would prefer to freeze it, let it completely cool down, wrap it in plastic wrap and then wrap it in aluminum foil.
Keep keto zucchini bread in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the countertop and warm up a slice before serving.
Other Bread Recipes for You to Try:
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Easy Keto Vanilla Pound Cake
- Keto Blueberry Bread
- Low Carb & Keto Cornbread
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Almond Flour Low Carb Keto Bread
- Low Carb Buns with Almond Flour
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini lightly packed
- ½ to ¾ cup Erythritol
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or unsweetened chopped chocolate
- ½ cup walnuts or almonds chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder or espresso powder, optional to enhance the chocolate flavor
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan (9 inches x 5 inches) with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini onto a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the zucchini. You'll need about 1 cup squeezed zucchini.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs, add coconut cream (or heavy cream), vanilla extract, melted coconut oil(or butter), and sweetener. Use an electric mixer to combine all the ingredients until frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and continue mixing with the electric mixer until the batter is smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold in shredded zucchini, chocolate chips and chopped nuts (optional)·
- Pour the zucchini chocolate bread batter into the prepared baking loaf pan.
- Bake 50 – 55 minutes or until the bread looks set and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out almost clean. The bread is super moist in the middle, so don’t be alarmed if your skewer won’t be completely clean.
- The bread will stay slightly moist in the middle and firm up after fully cool down.
- Allow the keto zucchini chocolate bread to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: