Keto Panna Cotta is a delicious chilled Italian dessert that’s very creamy and quick to make. I make it every time I need to impress my guests and serve it with fresh berries or with my amazing sugar-free gelee.
The good news is that this fancy dessert takes about 20 minutes to make before refrigeration.
What is Keto Panna Cotta?
Do you know what panna cotta means in Italian? ”Cooked Cream.” It’s a recipe with only 5 ingredients which is basically a simple mixture of heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla, gelatin. All of these are magically turned into a rich and silkily dessert that’s not too sweet but very tasty.
Ingredients for Keto Panna Cota
- unflavored gelatin
- heavy cream
- pure vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Gelee:
- unflavored gelatin
- fresh or frozen raspberries
- lemon juice
Gelatin is an essential ingredient in this recipe and can’t be omitted or replaced. You should get the sugar-free, unflavored version. I used this brand(Affiliate Link) from Amazon.
How to Make Keto Panna Cotta?
Making a keto Panna Cotta is a simple task. The only thing different for the original recipe is that in place of sugar I use Erythritol.
Gelatin is used to set the mixture and give a nice custard texture. Don’t be scared to use gelatin; it’s effortless to use it.
- The unflavoured gelatin cristales need to soften for a few minutes in cold water (or any other cold liquid).
- In the meantime, we prepare our cream mixture by heating cream, sweetener, vanilla in a medium saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once hot, add the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is completely incorporated and the mixture looks smooth. You can bring the saucepan back to the stove to slightly heat the cream mixture without letting it BOIL (destroys the gelatin!).
- Once your mixture is ready, divide into 1/2 cup ramekins or small glasses. Allow chilling in the refrigerator before adding the toppings. It will need at least 4 hours to set.
Toppings for Panna Cotta:
This dessert is very versatile when it comes to toppings. We love ours with the fantastic sugar-free raspberry gelee, but you can also top it with:
- Fresh Berries
- Berry Sauce (strawberries, raspberries, lemon juice and a bit of sweetener)
- Shaved Dark Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Lemon Curd
Is this a Make-Ahead Dessert?
Yes, absolutely! Panna Cotta can be made a few days in advance, so it is perfect for a party, or in small glasses for larger gatherings such as baby showers, bridal showers, etc.
Serve with fresh berries and garnish with basil or fresh peppermint leaves just before serving.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Keto Panna Cotta with Raspberries Gelée
For Panna Cotta
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 1/4 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the raspberry gelee:
- 1 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Make Panna Cotta
- In a small bowl pour the water and sprinkle gelatin in a single layer. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring cream, Erythritol, vanilla extract just to a boil over medium-high heat, continually stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in gelatin and whisk until smooth. If the gelatin hasn’t fully dissolved, return the saucepan to the stove and heat gently over low heat. Stir constantly and don’t let the mixture boil.
- Pour cream into 1/2-cup ramekins or individual serving dishes. Cool ramekins at room temperature.
Make Sugar-Free Raspberry Gelée
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin with water, and let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Place the raspberries, Erythritol, and lemon juice in a small pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and stir until the sweetener is dissolved, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add gelatin water. Stir until gelatin completely dissolved. Use a fine-mesh sieve to remove as much of the puree as possible. Discard the seeds.
- Let the gelée cool to room temperature before pouring evenly over the chilled panna cotta. Don’t use hot liquid because it will melt the panna cotta.
- Pour the cool raspberry gelee over the panna cotta and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours, or overnight. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.