This Keto Chocolate Mousse is extremely creamy, rich and fluffy. It’s extremely easy to whip up in just 10 minutes with only 6 ingredients.
You probably know by now that I love easy keto desserts that are incredibly delicious and require few ingredients. I love making keto chocolate mug cake, cheesecake fat bombs and my latest obsession: flourless double chocolate chip cookies.
This sugar-free low carb chocolate mousse it’s no exception since it’s chocolatey, light and airy.
I love to add some berries and mint leaves when they are in season for extra taste and freshness. It’s perfect to be used as a keto cupcakes frosting or inside some delicious layers of low carb cake.
Keto Mousse Ingredients
To make this keto chocolate mousse, you’ll need some low carb ingredients and follow a few instructions.
Trust me – it’s easy-peasy to make this no-bake recipe that’s very versatile and festive.
Surprise your guests with a decadent chocolate dessert and I guarantee you that everyone will be delighted. Here are the main ingredients you’ll need:
- Cocoa Powder – Quality of the ingredients matters because you need a dark and rich cocoa powder for the best flavors. Dutch-Process cocoa powder is my recommendation because it has a deeper chocolate flavor.
- Heavy Cream – If you are looking for a dairy-free keto dessert you can replace the heavy cream with high-fat coconut milk and follow the same steps.
- Sweetener – to sweeten the keto chocolate mousse you can use your favorite sweetener: xylitol*, erythritol or monk fruit.
* Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs, so if you are puppy lover be very careful when using it.
How to make Keto Chocolate Mousse?
There’s no wrong way to make a fantastic low carb chocolate mousse. This is a no-fail recipe that’s utterly satisfying and versatile.
Most chocolate mousse recipes require a bit more work and include melting chocolate, beating egg whites. Not in this recipe, here we focus on simplifying life.
- You’ll start by dissolving the grass-fed gelatin into warm water.
- Mix the sweetener and the fantastic cacao powder and then add the heavy cream and vanilla. Using a mixer beat until fluffy.
- Then slowly incorporate the gelatin, divide it into serving glasses, wait at least 30 minutes (works best overnight) and voila there you have it — the most amazing, easy to make sugar-free dessert ( ever!!).
Is this Chocolate Mousse Paleo?
No, it’s not paleo suitable but it’s easy to turn it into a dairy-free dessert. Just use chilled coconut milk instead of the heavy cream.
Feel free to use any paleo sweetener you like such as coconut sugar, maple syrup or raw honey.
I don’t like to use stevia when there’s chocolate involved because I fell that it accentuates the aftertaste.
PS: I DESIGNED A KETO PROGRAM TO DELIVER YOU THE FAST RESULTS YOU WANT, REDUCE YOUR BODY FAT, IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH & ENERGY LEVELS. Lose 10-21lbs in the first month.
How Many Carbs are in Keto Chocolate Mousse recipe?
The nutrition facts are calculated for one serving and this recipe yields 4 generous keto mousse servings.
Each serving of keto chocolate mousse is only 4g carbs and 1g fiber.
If you’re counting net carbs there are only 3g of carbs in this decadent delicious dessert.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Fudgy Keto Brownies with Coconut Flour
- Keto Paleo Healthy Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Best fudgy keto brownies –2g net carbs
- Dark Chocolate Almond Joy Candy Bars
- Creamy & Thick Keto Hot Chocolate
Low Carb & Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Prepare the gelatin in a small bowl. Add the powder and mix it with the cold water. After one minute add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved and it looks clear. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile, combine in a medium bowl the cocoa powder and the low carb sweetener.
- Add the whipping cream and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture at medium speed with a mixer. Scrape the bowl from time to time and continue mixing until it looks fluffy.
- Mix again until the gelatin is completely incorporated.
- Divide the keto mousse into serving glasses, top it with whipped cream and sugar- free chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. It tastes incredible if you let the low carb chocolate mousse in the refrigerator overnight.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.