Made from only 6 ingredients, these delicious keto Raffaello are ready in under 20 minutes using only naturally low-carb ingredients. They are easy-to-make, dairy-free, and sugar-free and can be the perfect choice for your sweet tooth.
One of my favorite childhood desserts was Raffaello because they have everything you need in one dessert. Crunchy on the outside from the shredded coconut, with a creamy texture and an almond in the middle. Sounds delicious, right?
And once I discovered that I could make them in a keto version, I was extremely excited. These sugar-free Raffaello have become one of my favorite coconut dessert recipes, along with my keto coconut cream pie, coconut balls, and coconut cake.
With just a few grams of net carbs per serving, I’m sure you’ll want to make these gluten-free Raffaello coconut balls over and over again.
What Are Raffaello Pralines?
Raffaello is a coconut-based praline that was introduced to consumers in 1990 by Italian producer Ferrero. It is made from a round wafer filled with white milk cream and almonds and then covered in a coconut layer.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Raffaello Recipe
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- The best homemade edible gift for your loved ones
- Only 2g net carbs per serving.
- No bake and ready in under 20 minutes.
Ingredients For These Keto Raffaello
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create these delicious easy low carb Raffaello coconut balls. Here is a list with everything you will need:
- Shredded Coconut – You will need unsweetened finely shredded coconut for the best texture and flavor.
- Almond Flour – adds some texture to these no-bake Raffaello balls.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite powdered sweeteners such as erythritol, monk fruit, or allulose.
- Coconut Milk – gives an extra coconut flavor. You can also replace it with almond milk.
- Coconut Oil – replace it with the same amount of melted butter.
- Hazelnuts- I love using roasted hazelnuts, but you can also use almonds.
How To Make These Keto Raffaello
Once you see how easy it is to make this delicious sugar-free treat, you will make it in advance to have something for your sweet treat. Here is everything you will need:
- Prepare a dish or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl of a food processor and process for 3 minutes or until the dough starts to form.
- When the dough is ready, use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough balls and form them using your hands, then insert an almond in the middle of each ball.
- Roll the Raffaello praline in shredded coconut until covered, then place them on a plate and let it chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Tips and Variations For Making The Best Low Carb Raffaello
- You can roast the almonds if you want for a great flavor.
- You can replace the almond flour with coconut protein powder to make them a great pre-workout snack.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before forming it into balls that will help you make balls easily.
- Fridge: You can store these sugar-free Raffaello in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze them if you want in a ziplock freezer bag for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Coconut Keto-Friendly?
Yes, you can eat coconut and goods derived from coconut if you’re on a ketogenic diet without coming out of ketosis.
Sugar-free coconut products are a great addition to your keto diet because they are low in net carbohydrates and nutrient-dense fat.
What Should I Do If My Mixture Is Too Dry?
If your coconut mixture is too dry, add more coconut milk and mix until it reaches the right consistency.
Are Raffaello Keto-Friendly?
Regular Raffaello pralines found in stores are not keto-friendly since they are made with a lot of sugar, wheat milk, and other carbs.
Can I Use Other Nuts?
Sure, you can replace the almonds with hazelnuts, macadamia, or peanuts.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Keto Coconut Balls
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls – Low Carb Energy Bites
- Easy Keto Rum Balls – 1g net carbs
Keto Raffaello Pralines
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and pulse for about 5 minutes until the sticky dough forms.
- If the dough looks too sticky, add one more tbsp of almond flour and mix again.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the coconut balls from the coconut mixture.
- Add one almond into the center of the ball and use your hands to roll them to form a ball.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.