This savory keto pie crust is ready in less than 20 minutes, and it’s perfect for tarts, pies, and quiches. This grain-free crust is crispy, flakey and holds up well. Magic savory paleo crust made with just 5 ingredients!
All the recipes we test here at LowCarbSpark in our little studio get tasted of my family and friends. We hate wasting food!
This crust is part of a recipe I’m going to share with you soon. I am very excited about this salmon pie I made using this savory pie crust.
I also have tons of recipe ideas that are using this crust as a base. Next on my list is a bacon egg pie to have for breakfast. You can follow me on Instagram because there’s where I am most active and show you how I make tons of keto recipes.
Ingredients for Savory Keto Pie Crust
This is the list of ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious savory gluten-free pie crust. You’ll need only five low carb basics ingredients plus baking powder, salt, and water if needed.
- almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3-4 tbsp water
How to Make Gluten-Free Savory Pie Crust?
Gather all the ingredients and make the perfect crust for a savory pie. I love how crispy this crust turned out. Here’s how to make the best pie crust:
- To make your life easier, add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a ball of dough gets formed. It will be slightly crumbly and sticky.
- Transfer the dough onto a greased pie pan and using your oiled fingers, evenly press the dough into the pan.
- Use a fork to poke holes into the bottom of the crust.
- Bake the keto pie crust in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once golden brown and crispy on the edges, remove from the oven. Let the gluten-free crust cool down for a few minutes and then add your favorite savory filling.
Savory Keto Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C) and grease a 9 inch (23 cm) pie pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add all the pie crust ingredients. Pulse until the mixture starts to look like a dough ball.
- Transfer the pie crust dough to the greased pan, and using your (oiled) fingers, press the dough into the pie pan.
- Poke holes into the bottom of the crust using a fork.
- Bake the crust for 10–12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Once ready, let the crust cool down for a few minutes.
- Add your favorite filling and continue baking until the desired doneness.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.