This Keto Salmon Quiche is made with leftover baked salmon, eggs, cheese, and a super flaky low carb crust. The filling is a breeze to make, so this quiche one of those extremely easy and tasty keto recipes.
The crust for this keto quiche is simple to make. It’s buttery, yet crispy on the edges and soft enough to make it easy to serve.
Keto Salmon Quiche Filling Ingredients
The ingredients are super low carb and common in a keto diet. You’ll need a few eggs, heavy cream, and some cheese for richness and depth of flavor. Here are the other ingredients for the salmon quiche:
- Salmon – To make this salmon pie, I used leftover baked salmon, and it turned out fantastic. This way, the overall cooking time is smaller than with raw salmon. Although this quiche has a fantastic flavor with either raw salmon or smoked salmon. Just adapt the baking time until the quiche is cooked through.
- Onion or Leeks – Leeks add a delicate flavor, but using onion tastes fantastic as well.
- Asparagus – optional, I like it for added texture and aesthetics (without it, the quiche is just all yellow and pink!)
- Dill or Parsley – Dill is the best pair for salmon, but when I baked this pie, I hadn’t any, so I used Parsley and green onion. It is a delicious combo. You can also add chives and substitute the onion with shallots.
- Heavy Whipping Cream and Water – Usually, a quiche filling is made with eggs and milk. To make keto milk, I combine heavy cream and water. Super silky and delicious! To make a paleo quiche substitute heavy cream with coconut cream.
How to Make Low Carb Quiche in 4 Easy Steps
The best part about this quiche – it’s extremely easy to make using just a food processor. The low carb crust comes together in seconds – almond flour, coconut flour, sesame seeds, butter, salt, water, pulse, pulse = the perfect ball of gluten-free crust ready for blind baking.
Now that we have discussed all the ingredients for this salmon quiche, let’s see exactly how to make it in just 4 easy steps. I love this salmon quiche, so I’m thrilled to share the recipe with you!
- Prepare and Blind Bake Your Savory Keto Pie Crust –This means prebaking the gluten-free crust before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare all the ingredients – Chop the vegetables, cook the salmon, shred the cheese, etc.
- Make Keto Milk – Combine together heavy cream and water to get a silky liquid that successfully replaces milk in this quiche recipe.
- Bake the Salmon Pie – Pour filling into baked crust and continue bake until set for about at least 50-60 minutes.
Once ready, let it cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
How to Store Salmon Quiche?
This recipe is freezer friendly, so it can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To freeze, cover each quiche slice tightly in aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
PS: I DESIGNED A KETO PROGRAM TO DELIVER YOU THE FAST RESULTS YOU WANT, REDUCE YOUR BODY FAT, IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH & ENERGY LEVELS. Lose 10-21lbs in the first month.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Low Carb Keto Salmon Patties Recipe
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
Easy Keto Salmon Quicke – Savory Low Carb Pie
- 1 batch Savory Keto Pie Crust
Salmon Quiche Filling
- 8 oz. salmon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup parmesan
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and grease a 10-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add all the pie crust ingredients. Pulse until the mixture starts to look like a dough ball.
- Transfer the pie crust dough to the greased pan, and using your (oiled) fingers, press the dough into the pie pan. Poke holes into the bottom of the crust using a fork. Bake the crust for 10–12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Once ready, let the crust cool down for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, sauté the onion in butter until fragrant and translucent.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, whipping cream, water, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the cooked onion and fresh dill (or parsley) onto the baked pie crust. Add the flaked salmon and pour the egg mixture.
- Bake the quiche for 45-50 minutes or until the top is firm. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve this salmon pie with a dollop of cream cheese, fresh dill, and a salad.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.