Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice is easy to make, a super fragrant spice blend, perfect for desserts that taste like fall. Blend just a few common spices and make delicious pumpkin pies, cookies, lattes, and more!
Fall is probably my favorite season. The weather starts to cool down, and I can start enjoying my warm keto pumpkin spice latte on the balcony listening to the sound of falling leaves.
Discover the joys of making your own pumpkin spice blend, not only for its economic benefits but also for the unbeatable flavor it brings
.I usually ground nutmeg, allspice, and cloves in my spice grinder to get the best flavors. Right now, my kitchen smells like fall, and so does my spice cupboard if I forget to put the lid back on the pumpkin spice jar!
It’s crazy I used to spend $5 on small containers of pumpkin spice that are enough just for a pumpkin pie. Since we are all big lovers of everything pumpkin spice, making it at home, it’s the best option! It’s always cheaper to make seasoning mixes at home, so we are always whipping up Taco Seasoning or Ranch Seasoning.
What Is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Made from ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, pumpkin pie spice is a blend of spices used to prepare pumpkin-based dishes, and it’s known for its warm, sweet, and aromatic profile that turns each recipe into true culinary delights.
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- Quick and Easy: With just 5 minutes of your time, you can whip up this spice blend effortlessly.
- Make Ahead: Prepare it in advance and have it ready whenever you crave that irresistible pumpkin spice flavor.
- Simple Ingredients: Our recipe uses common pantry ingredients, making it super convenient and budget-friendly.
- Cozy and Inviting: Immerse yourself in the warm and comforting flavors that this spice blend brings to your favorite dishes.
- Versatility Magic: Elevate the taste of cakes, cookies, muffins, and bread with this versatile pumpkin pie spice.
- Low Carb Option: Enjoy the indulgence without guilt, as each serving contains only 2g of net carbs.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cinnamon is one of the five ingredients you’ll need for making pumpkin spice.
There are two cinnamon types: Ceylon and Cassia. The first one has a complex flavor that is perfect for ice-cream and sauces. The second one, Cassia Cinnamon is the most common variety and has a strong taste that’s ideal for baking.
Overall, this pumpkin spice is not only a delicious addition to fall recipes but packed with potential benefits. Here are the spices you’ll need:
- Cinnamon – This warm and sweet spice brings a distinct flavor to the blend, adding a delightful touch to your recipes.
- Ginger – With its tangy and slightly spicy taste, ginger complements the other spices, creating a well-balanced flavor profile.
- Nutmeg – Known for its warm and earthy notes, nutmeg contributes a subtle sweetness and nuttiness to the pumpkin pie spice mixture.
- Allspice – Known for its warm and earthy notes, nutmeg adds a subtle sweetness and nuttiness.
- Cloves – With a strong, rich, and slightly bitter taste, cloves enhance the overall flavor of the spice mix, imparting a warm and sweet essence.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin Pie is widely popular in America and Canada, and for a good reason. It’s full of flavor and a breeze to make this pumpkin spice blend at home.
To make this cozy spice blend, begin by gathering all the necessary spices. If you have whole spices, you can grind them into a fine powder using a spice grinder. Don’t worry if you have pre-ground spices; they will work just as well.
In a small bowl, carefully measure out the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Combine them together, allowing their fragrant aromas to mingle and create the perfect balance of flavors.
Once your pumpkin pie spice is ready, store it in an airtight container, just like you would with any other beloved seasoning. This will keep it fresh and ready to add that delightful pumpkin spice touch to your favorite recipes.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipes
Using your homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice is a fantastic way to infuse your favorite desserts with the cozy flavors of fall.
- Pumpkin Mousse: Create a velvety-smooth and indulgent dessert by incorporating Pumpkin Pie Spice into a luscious pumpkin mousse. The warm and aromatic flavors will take your taste buds on a delightful journey.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake: Elevate your cheesecake game by adding a generous sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice to your keto pumpkin cheesecake. The blend of creamy cheesecake and warm spices will create a harmonious and irresistible dessert.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes: For a handheld treat bursting with autumnal flavors, whip up some keto pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes. Infused with Pumpkin Pie Spice, these cupcakes will be a hit at any gathering or as a personal indulgence.
- Pumpkin Bread: Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked pumpkin bread, especially when it’s seasoned with Pumpkin Pie Spice. The combination of moist pumpkin and warm spices will fill your kitchen with an irresistible fragrance.
Looking For More Pumpkin Recipes? Try these:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
- BEST Keto Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Keto Pumpkin Roll
- BEST Keto Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Keto Pumpkin Brownies
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground clove
- In a small mixing bowl combine add all the spices.
- Store in an airtight small jar or container.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: