I’m a coffee lover. I always added sugar, cream and sugar loaded flavored syrups. Since I started keto diet, I wasn’t allowed to add anything that could make my coffee taste like dessert as I was used to. I don’t really enjoy black coffee with sweeteners.
I was searching for a method that could help my coffee taste great. The secret was simple: add grass-fed butter, coconut oil or MCT oil and heavy whipping cream to my dark coffee. At first, I thought it’s so gross to see all that fat floating on my coffee.
But after I tried it, I was so surprised about the creamy taste. If you feel fancy, you can add different spices during the brewing like cinnamon or nutmeg or ice cubes & vanilla extract.
I’m not the creator of the Bulletproof coffee. The recipe was created by Dave Asprey that claims that after drinking a cup of the delicious coffee “you will have no interest in food for four to six hours” which make it great for weight-loss.
BPC is usually used in intermittent fasting because of its properties to keep you full for a longer time and more energized than usual.
ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS OF BULLETPROOF COFFEE
- Grass-fed butter. The butter was always blamed because it’s loaded with saturated fat and could lead to heart attacks. Studies show that there is no link between saturated fats and heart disease. Butter that comes from cows that are eating grass is loaded with vitamin K2 which reduces the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease. Even that most people didn’t hear about K vitamins, they contain a lot of nutrients that fight against bone and heart disease. Grass-fed butter is an awesome source of butyrate ( short-chain fatty acid ) which has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut Oil and MCT. The best oils that boost your metabolism, help you lose fat, especially abdominal fat. Studies show that coconut oil helps you eat less by reducing your appetite and that the people who substitute the daily fats with MCTs burn more calories while resting.
- Heavy Whipping Cream. It has 30-36% fat. Try to find a lactose free version.I find this discussion interesting.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED?
Well, to mix the bulletproof coffee ingredients and get that nice creamy texture you’ll need a blender or an Electric Milk Frother. I tried to mix them with a hand mixer, but it didn’t turn out so well. So a powerful blender will do the job too (even cheap ones are good!).
THE BENEFITS OF BULLETPROOF COFFEE
- Fat loss
- Increase concentration and attention
- Lowers stress levels
- More energy during the day
Let’s get straight to work. I’ll show you the basic recipe, but you can customize it as you want.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups coffee
- 2 tbsp Organic, Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter (unsalted )
- 2 tbsp. Lactose-free Whipping Cream
3 MORE EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Put coffee, coconut oil, and the whipping cream into your blender bowl.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Enjoy your Bulletproof Coffee.
You can choose to drink all 2 cups during the day or share it, with family or friends.
Make sure you don’t drink too many servings because it might prevent you from losing weight.
How do you customize your BPC, Sparkers?