Made from only 7 ingredients and ready in 25 minutes, these crunchy and tasty flaxseed crackers are the best gluten-free snack with only 1g net carbs per serving.
You will love these simple homemade flaxseed crackers since they are super easy to make and can be served as a snack at work or in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea.
Crackers are among the simplest snacks that we can prepare at home. And the biggest advantage of this recipe is that we have full control over our ingredients. So if you love homemade crackers as much as we do, then you need to try our cheddar cheese crackers, seed crackers, and graham crackers.
Usually, these snacks with seeds are quite expensive in the store. So it’s better to make them at home since they are at least as tasty, and we know exactly what ingredients they contain.
These crackers with seeds are so tasty and easy to prepare that they have become our favorites. They are crunchy, contain a lot of seeds, are vegan, and require only a few ingredients.
Is Flaxseed Keto-Friendly?
With only 0,4g net carb per 30g, flaxseed is a great ingredient for a keto diet and can be included in many keto recipes like smoothies, baked goods, and protein shakes.
Why Are You Going To Love These Flaxseed Crackers
- Made from only healthy and naturally low-carb ingredients.
- You can make them ahead of time.
- Contain only 1g net carb per serving.
- Are extremely easy to make.
- Are a great snack for work or school.
Ingredients For Flaxseed Crackers
You will need only 7 easy-to-find ingredients to create these delicious and crunchy flaxseed crackers. Here is a list of everything that you will need:
- Flaxseed Meal – You can grind your own flax. For this recipe, I used a golden flaxseed meal because it’s lighter in color, but you can also use a brown flaxseed meal.
- Sesame Seeds – I used black and white sesame seeds for this recipe. Feel free to use only one type.
- Water – helps everything to bind together.
- Onion Powder & Garlic – these two ingredients add extra flavor to the crackers. You can also add your favorite seasoning.
- Salt – this is an important ingredient that helps balance the taste.
- Rosemary – you can make these crackers with other herbs, like parsley, dill, or thyme.
How To Make Flaxseed Crackers
Once you see how easy it is to make these flaxseed crackers, you will never want to buy them from the store. Here is everything you have to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl, then whisk them until well combined.
- Pour the water over the dry ingredients and use your hand to mix until the dough is formed.
- Put the dough on a sheet of parchment, then put another sheet on top and spread the dough very thin if we want the crackers to be crunchy. Then we cut the crackers with a pizza cutter or a knife in whatever shape we want.
- We put them on a baking tray, then bake them for 20 minutes.
- Once the crackers are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
Tips&Variations For Making The Best Flaxseed Crackers
- If the crackers on the edges start to get brown while those in the middle are not ready, you can remove them from the oven and cook the rest until they are ready.
- You can also add chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Add some red pepper chili flakes if you like spicy food.
- You can make them cheesy by adding some shredded parmesan.
- For a smoky flavor, add some smoked paprika to the dough.
- Room Temperature: You can store these crackers in a ziplock bag on the counter at room temperature for up to seven days.
- Freezer: These flaxseed crackers can also be stored in the freezer in a ziplock bag for up to one month.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Flaxseed?
Flaxseed is a versatile ingredient that can improve the flavor and texture of almost any dish because it is mild and has a nutty flavor and a crispy consistency.
What Should I Do If My Dough Is Too Sticky?
You don’t have to worry if your dough seems too sticky. To resolve this problem, add more flaxseed meals until they reach the right consistency.
More Keto Snack Recipes
- Easy Seed Crackers Recipe – crispy, crunchy, and ready in just 30 minutes.
- Best Low Carb Cheddar Cheese Crackers – Made with just a few ingredients, these crispy keto crackers are a perfect make-ahead snack.
- My Homemade Keto Graham Crackers Recipe – the best crunchy, sweet keto cookies perfect for cheesecake crust or dessert sandwiches.
- Everything But the Bagel Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers – This healthy low-carb snack is filling, super crunchy, and crazy delicious.
- 1 cup Flaxseed Meal brown or golden
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Black Sesame Seed
- 2 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- ½ cup Water
- Preheat your oven to 356°F/180°C.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl, then whisk them until well combined.
- Pour the water over the dry ingredients and use your hand to mix until the dough is formed. If the dough looks too dry, add a few cold water tablespoons.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment, then put another sheet on top and roll out the dough into a large rectangle of 1/8-inch thickness. Then we cut the crackers with a pizza cutter or a knife into 1-inch squares.
- Transfer them to a baking tray, then bake the crackers for 20 minutes.
- Once the crackers are done, remove the pan from the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: