These keto stuffed peppers are extremely flavorful, easy to make, and taste just like lasagna. This is a healthy stuffed peppers recipe loved by all the family members. It’s low carb and we don’t need any rice to make the filling.
A warm comfort food dish after a long and tiring day at work is all I need. this stuffed bell pepper recipe was such a great hit, and I had to share it with you. All my non-keto family members loved these colorful stuffed keto peppers, and there’s no wonder why.
The juicy flavored ground beef stuffing and the perfectly fresh peppers are packed with such great nutrients and vitamins.
One serving of my Low Carb Stuffed Peppers provides 123% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C.
Let’s start cooking!
- Ingredients for Keto Stuffed Peppers
- How to Make Keto Stuffed Peppers?
- Can We Eat Tomatoes on a Keto Diet?
- Are Red Peppers Keto?
- More Delicious Recipes You Might Like
- Low Carb Keto Stuffed Peppers – Healthy and Easy to Make
Ingredients for Keto Stuffed Peppers
I bet you won’t miss rice in this recipe. Since we are keeping things low carb we don’t use rice in the beef filling. If you really want to add rice while making keto stuffed peppers I recommend using cauliflower rice or zero carbs shirataki rice you can order from Amazon
- Medium Peppers, any color you want. I loved the red and yellow ones.
- Ground Beef – You can use ground turkey or chicken.
- onion & garlic – adds so much flavor to the stuffing
- diced tomatoes
- cheddar cheese – I used aged cheddar cheese because it has a stronger taste, but you can use any kind of cheese you love. Mozzarella would be a great substitute.
- salt & seasonings to taste
How to Make Keto Stuffed Peppers?
To make keto stuffed pepper we have to omit the rice that is usually used in the classic filling. Follow just a few steps and enjoy a delicious dinner:
- Shred your cheese! The pre-shredded cheese usually has added agents like potato starch to prevent clumping and has more carbohydrates.
- Take care of the Peppers. Gently wash the peppers and remove all the seeds and membranes from the inside. Sprinkle some salt over them.
- Make The keto stuffing for the peppers. It tastes like lasagna without all the carbs.
- Season the meat lasagna stuffing to taste.
- Fill the peppers with the keto beef stuffing, sprinkle cheese on top and bake for about 15-20 minutes!
- Add more oregano, and you will have a fabulous keto Italian meal without all the carbs from their classic bread and pasta dishes.
- For the keto pepper’s stuffing, you will need to chop one medium onion and 2 cloves of garlic. Add them in a pan with 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until it gets a nice golden brown color.
Use a food processor if you’re like me an cry like a baby when it comes to cutting onions.
After about 8 minutes it’s time to add the meat. While cooking, use a spatula break up the meat.
I added pink Himalayan salt, chili powder, black pepper, dried oregano leaves. Let your taste buds guide you through this step. After adding the tomatoes add more seasonings if you feel like it.
This is how the mixture looks before I add the tomatoes. Smells and tastes amazing. I could easily just sprinkle some cheese on top and have a nice quick low carb lunch.
Tomatoes when it starts to feel like keto lasagna.
The ground beef mixture is ready to be added to the peppers. Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of stuffing in each pepper.
Sprinkle tons cheese on top of each low carb stuffed pepper. Well, use all the cheese you want. Who am I to judge anyone’s cheese decisions? (just kidding.)
As all the meat is covered in delicious freshly grated cheddar cheese. Bake these beauties to the preheated oven. After 15 minutes remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve them hot with a dollop of cream cheese!
That’s it – so easy and delicious!
Can We Eat Tomatoes on a Keto Diet?
Yes, tomatoes are ok to eat. Don’t be afraid to eat tomatoes on a ketogenic diet. One cup of tomatoes has only 4g NET carbohydrates.
Tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, manganese and provide tons of fantastic health benefits.
Are Red Peppers Keto?
Red peppers are allowed a ketogenic diet since they are very low in carbs and have fantastic macros. You can read my keto-approved vegetable list where you can find macros for all veggies.
According to USDA One cup sliced peppers contain:
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calories: 24 kcal
- Protein: 0.91g
- Fats: 0.28g
How Do I Store Stuffed Peppers?
The best way to store keto stuffed peppers is to transfer them in a airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you prefer to store in the freezer they will last up to 3 months.
I love to reheat stuffed peppers in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
More Delicious Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Delicious Low Carb Keto Mini Cheeseburger with Big Mac Sauce
- The Best Keto Meatballs Recipe
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup – Easy Low Carb Keto Meal
- Best Low Carb Keto Chili
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna – Keto & Low-Carb Recipe
Low Carb Keto Stuffed Peppers – Healthy and Easy to Make
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/ 190°C .
- Rinse the peppers and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove any seeds and membranes.
- Peel onion and garlic. Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally until golden-brown and softened.
- Add the ground beef and the seasonings. Using a spatula break the meat up as it cooks. Let the meat cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Sir in the tomatoes and let it simmer for another 15 minutes
- Evenly divide the stuffing in each half pepper.
- Sprinkle each pepper with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the peppers are a little bit softened. For softer peppers bake for one hour or more!
- Serve with sour cream and freshly chopped parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Have you tried my easy keto stuffed peppers recipe? Let me know how great they turned out in the comments below.
If you have any questions feel free to ask them.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: