These keto zucchini fritters are extremely easy to make, low in carbs and family friendly. Zucchini pancakes that are delicious served warm with sour cream, fantastic for meal prep and the perfect low carb snack for summer.
Zucchini fritters are one of my favorite dishes, and I’ve been making them for years now. This recipe is slightly adapted from the classic recipe I used before keto. You’ll see that instead of flour I use coconut flour and xanthan gum.
You can either pan fry the zucchini patties or bake them in the oven. You’ll love them even if you are not a zucchini fan. They are super cheesy, tasty and healthy. It’s a great way to eat more vegetables.
How to make crispy keto zucchini fritters?
I know you want to make crispy on the outside zucchini fritters and moist (not soggy) on the inside.
The secret of getting those delicious crispy edges is to drain out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Grate the zucchini, add salt, set aside for 10 minutes, then squeeze excess liquid.
You can use any cheese you have on hand such as low moisture mozzarella, provolone or cheddar cheese – a combo of cheese is what I love. Parmesan is what I usually use because it adds tons of flavor and makes the zucchini patties even crispier.
How to serve zucchini fritters?
If you’re wondering how you can serve zucchini fritters, I have a few ideas you will definitely love.
- Serve zucchini fritters as a side dish with a dollop of sour cream or with ranch dressing.
- Use as a substitute for bread and make a low carb sandwich
- Top with tomato sauce, pepperoni and cheese and enjoy a mini keto pizza
- Use as a bun for low-carb burgers.
Other Low Carb Zucchini Recipes You Might Love
- The Easiest Keto Zucchini Bread – 3g Net Carbs
- The best Zucchini Lasagna – Keto & Low-Carb Recipe
- Alfredo Creamy Zucchini Noodles – Easy & Low Carb
Healthy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater or using a food processor. Place the grated zucchini, in a colander over the sink. Gently stir in 1 tsp salt and toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze handfuls of zucchini using a clean dish towel or cheesecloth to drain as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, add zucchini, coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Heat olive oil or refined coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter for each fritter, flattening out the tops with a spatula.
- Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Adjust the temperature if needed.