Are you looking for the best keto zucchini recipes on the internet? Then, I’ve got you covered! To help you plan your next keto dinner, I’ve gathered over 30+ low carb zucchini recipes for you to use up all that extra zucchini.
This blog post will introduce you to over 30 low-carb keto recipes featuring zucchini that will not only add variety to your diet but also provide incredibly delicious ways to make the most of your summer squash harvest.
Zucchini’s culinary versatility shines in kitchens worldwide. In Italian cooking, it’s a key component of ratatouille, while in Mexico, you’ll find it in the traditional dish called ‘calabacitas’, often mixed with corn, peppers, and cheese. The beauty of zucchini lies in its ability to absorb flavors and spices from various cuisines, making it a globally cherished ingredient.
Learn to love zucchini in every season, whether as a centerpiece of your meal, a complementary side dish, or even as an unexpected star in a baked keto dessert!
There’s something for everyone here. As a bonus, we’ll also share valuable tips for substituting ingredients, serving zucchini-based meals, and preserving your squash for optimal freshness.
Mastering Zucchini Preparation: Cooking Techniques to Try
Zucchini is known for its subtle flavor, which makes it extremely versatile to prepare and incorporate into a wide variety of meals and desserts. Here are just a few ways you can prepare this vegetable:
- Fried – Whether in oil, butter, or using an air fryer, frying gives a delightful crunch.
- Baked – Either savory or sweet, baked zucchini is always a treat.
- Grilled – An ideal choice for a keto salad or as a delectable side dish.
- Stuffed – Filled with ground meats and sauces for a hearty meal.
- Boiled – A key ingredient in soups, whether light or creamy.
How Do I Pick The Best Zucchini
When choosing zucchini, focus on finding one with firmness, no mushy spots, and vibrant green color. Smaller squashes tend to contain less water than larger ones and feature thinner skins. Aim for zucchinis that are between six and eight ounces – they’re perfect for my recipes!
How Can I Store Zucchini
To keep your zucchini fresh, store it in a semi-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days. A plastic zip-top bag is an excellent choice for this purpose.
Unlocking Zucchini Potential: Cooking Tips
- Avoid Overcooking: Zucchinis are over 90% water, so it’s important not to overcook them. Aim to stop cooking when the squash is still firm and appears slightly undercooked.
- Sizing: If a recipe calls for a small to medium-sized zucchini and all you have is a large one, simply cut it in half and slice it into 2-inch rounds at an angle.
- Skin-On: Even if you’re baking, there’s no need to peel your zucchini. The skin is not only edible and easy to digest, but it’s also packed with nutrients. Just be sure to wash it thoroughly before use!
Creative Uses for Leftover Zucchini
Leftover zucchini can find new life in a myriad of dishes. Use it in a breakfast omelet, grate it into a lunch wrap, or add it to a dinner stir-fry.
Got some leftover grilled zucchini? Slice them up and add them to your pasta salad. The possibilities are endless, ensuring minimal waste while enjoying tasty meals.
Keto Zucchini Recipes Video
Watch this quick step-by-step video to see how easy it is to make the best keto zucchini recipes.
Sides, Snacks & Appetizers
Keto Baked Zucchini Rings
Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
Zucchini Ricotta Roll Ups
Healthy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters
Instant Pot Zucchini
Air Fryer Zucchini
Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Savory Keto Muffins
Sauteed Zucchini And Tomatoes
Keto Stuffed Zucchini Mini Bites
Low Carb Zucchini Frittata for Breakfast or Snacks
Healthy Zucchini Soft “Taco” Tortilla Shells
Best Zucchini Casserole – Super Creamy and Cheesy
Mexican Zucchini And Beef
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Zucchini Pizza Boats
Zucchini Pizza Bites
The Best Zucchini Lasagna Recipe (Not Watery) – Keto and Low Carb
Shrimp Foil Packets With Zucchini
High-fat Keto Alfredo Creamy Zucchini Noodles – Easy & Low Carb
Best Ratatouille Recipe
Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
Zucchini Noodles with Bolognese Sauce
Keto Zucchini Bread
Cream of Zucchini Soup (Keto | Low-Carb)
Low Carb Hummus (Bean Free)
Keto Healthy Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Keto Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
30+ Best Keto Zucchini Recipes
- 2-3 zucchini
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a largte pan and saute the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking.
- Pour the broth, heavy cream, and season with salt, pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Place the sliced zucchini in the bottom of a casserole dish, and pour the creasm sauce. Sprinklw with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chives. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: