This keto zucchini bread recipe is super moist, perfectly spiced, and low in carbs bread with grated zucchini, cinnamon, nutmeg, and optional walnuts or pecans. You can turn the batter into zucchini muffins too!
It’s almost zucchini season and this low carb keto zucchini bread is the perfect way to eat more vegetables. This is a recipe for the most flavorful gluten-free zucchini bread – The Best Zucchini Bread – you’ll totally love it.
Zucchini is one of the best low carb vegetables and you can make tons of keto zucchini recipes to help you use up all that extra zucchini!
You seem to love my keto blueberry bread and have requested more low carb sweet bread recipes. Here’s a favorite of ours with hidden vegetables. For chocolate lovers, you can try my chocolate zucchini bread recipe that’s incredibly delicious!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
- Takes only 5 minutes to make the batter
- Super moist and loaded with flavor
- Best way to eat more vegetables
- Can be easily made into muffins
- Freezer Friendly
- Super-versatile – add chocolate chips, nuts, or berries.
Is Zucchini Bread Keto?
Zucchini bread is a deliciously sweet, moist, and flavorful recipe that’s super easy to make.
However, the classic zucchini bread is not keto-friendly because it’s made with regular wheat flour, and uses sugar to make it sweet.
No worries, with just a few substitutions we can make a keto-friendly zucchini bread that’s equally delicious and easy to make. My version has only 3g of net carbs per slice and it needs only low carb ingredients.
Keto Zucchini Bread Ingredients
This recipe is incredibly versatile and can be customized in many delicious ways. It has only keto & paleo-friendly ingredients and is super easy to make. If you’re a chocolate fan you can add some sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
Here are all the ingredients you need for this delicious healthy zucchini bread:
- Zucchini – grate the zucchini and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. You’ll need about 1 1/2 cup of grated zucchini. No need to peel the zucchini!
- Almond flour – I recommend using blanched super fine almond flour for the best results. If you’re choosing to use coconut flour you have to slightly alter the measurements to get the same moist result.
- Sweetener – use any of your favorite granulated sweeteners such as Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk fruits. Most of these sweeteners come already mixed, so they don’t have a cooling aftertaste.
- Olive oil – helps this zucchini bread stay super moist.
- Eggs – use large eggs at room temperature.
- Spices – cinnamon, nutmeg
- Vanilla extract – choose high-quality vanilla extract.
- Baking powder
- Optional: chopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Keto Zucchini Bread?
The instructions for the keto zucchini bread are super simple and there’s no need for a mixer.
- Prepare the pan. Preheat the oven to 350F/ 170C and line a 9*5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and sprinkle one teaspoon of salt. Allow resting for about 10 minutes. Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Make the zucchini bread batter. Place the zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and sweetener. Stir well with a spatula. Incorporate the almond flour and baking powder. Transfer the batter to the loaf tin.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the top looks golden brown. Let it cool before serving so it can be sliced easily.
- Serve as is or drizzle some peanut butter on top! Delicious!
How to Store
- Fridge – Place the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – Allow the zucchini bread to cool completely, then wrap individual slices in parchment paper of place them into zip lock bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, pop them in the toaster to reheat in the oven until warm.
Can You Eat Zucchini on Keto?
Eating zucchini on a keto diet is approved and I even encourage you to do so. Well, that’s probably because it’s one of my favorite vegetables.
According to USDA data, one medium zucchini has:
4g net carbs
Zucchini is one of the best vegetables you can eat on a low carb diet because it’s super low in carbs and calories.
Can I Make Keto Zucchini Bread Muffins?
This recipe is perfect if you want to make zucchini muffins. Divide the batter to make 12 muffins and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.
Other Zucchini Recipes
- Best Zucchini Casserole – Super Creamy and Cheesy
- One-Bowl Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread – 3g net carbs
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Lasagna – Keto & Low-Carb Recipe
- Keto Alfredo Creamy Zucchini Noodles – Easy & Low Carb
Keto Zucchini Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 170°F. Line an 9*5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and sprinkle one teaspoon of salt. Rest for about 10 minutes. Using a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Place the zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, sweetener. Stir well with a spatula.
- Incorporate the almond flour and baking powder. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the top looks golden.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: