These easy keto corn dog muffins are the ultimate snack or appetizer that everyone loves. Made with just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep, these low carb corn dog muffins are completely grain-free and sugar-free. Actually, they are perfect for so many occasions, such as game day, breakfast, or even school lunch for your kids.
If you are following a keto diet and craving corn dogs muffins, I have some fantastic news for you: these delicious miniature keto corn dog muffins have the same taste as real ones but are made without corn or cornmeal.
This recipe starts with my keto cornbread recipe, which got so many great reviews, then we add a hot dog piece and bake until golden.
These Keto Corn Dog Bites are the quickest and tastiest snack to serve a hungry crowd. They are made in just a few minutes with almond flour and can be made ahead of time.
Reasons You’ll Love the Best Keto Corn Dog Muffins
- Taste like the real thing but has way less carbs and no sugar.
- Extremely easy to make in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Low carb and gluten-free recipe, so the perfect snack if you’re on a keto diet.
- Perfect for a game day as a snack or lunch served with your favorite side salad.
- Kid-friendly recipe
Are Corn Dog Muffins Keto-Friendly?
Unfortunately, corn dog muffins are not keto-friendly since the classic recipe is made with wheat flour, cornmeal, and sugar.
No worries, we came up with the best solution. By replacing some traditional ingredients with keto-approved ones such as almond flour and zero carbs sweetener, we’ll end up with the best corn dogs muffins that are keto-friendly and have just 2g net carbs.
This recipe’s an excellent option for anyone on a low-carb diet missing those tasty corn dogs.
Is it Corn Keto?
Since corn has 23 grams of net carbs per serving, we can definitely say that corn isn’t keto-friendly.
So if you are on a keto diet, corn might not be suitable for you as it is not strictly ketogenic, and it can raise the blood sugar enough to kick you out of ketosis.
So if you are following a keto diet, corn is forbidden because it increases blood sugar levels enough to knock you out of ketosis.
The solution? Replace corn products with a natural sweet corn extract that delivers the same flavor minus the carbs.
Ingredients In Keto Corn Dog Muffins
You will need just a few simple and low carb ingredients to make these delicious keto corn dog muffins that kids adore.
- Almond flour – I used fine almond flour, but that’s not completely necessary since we need to replicate the grainer texture of corn.
- Sweetener – granulated erythritol is a great sugar replacement, but you can also use your favorite sweeteners such as Monk Fruit or Xylitol. However, liquid stevia can’t be used since it makes everything bitter.
- Eggs – make sure that they are at room temperature.
- Butter – use unsalted butter, grass-fed if possible. For a dairy-free version, replace it with coconut oil.
- Baking Powder – helps the keto corn muffins to be super fluffy.
- Sweet Corn Extract – is used for giving that cornbread flavor.
- Hot Dogs – use your favorite brand.
Why We Use Corn Extract and Where To Find It?
Since we are on a keto diet and don’t want to exaggerate the carbs, we use corn extract to give that cornbread flavor without using any corn that is not keto-friendly and can be used in any recipe where that flavor is desired.
If it is difficult to find corn extract, order my favorite sweet corn extract from Amazon. You will need only a few drops for a great flavor so that a bottle will last you a long time.
How To Make These Keto Corn Dog Muffins
The steps you need to follow are extremely easy, so if you are paying some attention, you will end up with one of the most delicious snacks you will ever try.
- Start by making the batter- Mix the eggs, butter, and sweetener until well combined, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix them until you have no lumps in the batter.
- Cut the hot dogs into six even pieces.
- Assemble the mini keto muffins- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan using a small cookie scoop. Then place a hot dog piece into the center of each muffin.
- Bake keto corn dog muffins- Preheat your oven and bake the muffins for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Depending on the size of your muffins, the baking time might vary. When the muffins are golden brown, you know they are ready.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Corn Dog Muffins
- To check if the muffins are ready, insert a toothpick in the center of the muffins, and if it comes out clean, you can remove them from the oven.
- You can spread some melted butter on top of the muffins after removing them from the oven for an extra flavor.
- Make sure that you don’t overfill the muffin tins. Otherway when the batter will overflow.
Can I Make This Recipe On Air Fryer?
Absolutely, these corn dog muffins can be made easily in an air fryer.
All you have to do is follow all the steps for making them until the cooking one.
Preheat your air fryer to 375F, and cook the healthy corndog muffins for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
Even this recipe is perfect as it is, you can add some extra ingredients for a better flavor:
- Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top of the muffins.
- You can add some chopped bacon into the batter.
- Feel free to add your favorite veggies.
How Can I Store Keto Corn Dos Muffins?
- Fridge: After they are completely cooled, place the muffins in an airtight container and store them for up to 3 days. Slightly reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Freezer: Another great option for storing these mini corndog muffins is freezing them in an airtight freezer bag for up to a month. Just reheat them in the oven or microwave for about 5 minutes when ready to enjoy.
Looking For More Quick Keto Snacks or Appetizers? Try These:
- Easy Delicious Low Carb Keto Mini Cheeseburger with Big Mac Sauce
- Cream Cheese and Cheddar Ham Roll Ups
- Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Super Crispy Keto Fried Shrimp – Low-Carb Shrimp Recipe
- Tomato & Mozzarella Pesto Caprese Skewers – 4 ingredients
Mini Keto Corn Dog Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line a muffin pan with 12 or 24 cupcake liners.
- To make the keto cornbread batter – In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, melted butter, sweetener. Use an electric mixer to mix for 1-2 minutes or until frothy.
- Mix in the almond flour baking powder until there are no visible lumps and the batter is slightly thick. Add the corn extract.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared muffin pan using a small cookie scoop. Fill each cup about ⅔ full and one hot dog piece into the center.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is set and looks golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve with sugar-free ketchup!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.