These Baked Chicken Thighs are super crispy on the outside, incredibly juicy on the inside, and loaded with flavor. They need just a few ingredients, less than 10 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to bake. You won’t believe these are baked.
Ok, guys. I have to admit that I cook these chicken thighs often. How often? At least three times a week. This recipe is easy to make, very versatile, and my entire family loves it.
If you want other delicious recipes that I often make, you can try my Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken, Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders that are a keto and gluten-free or Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast. Of course, don’t forget the most popular one: Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo sauce.
It’s not a secret that everyone loves the thigh of the chicken. It’s so flavorful, succulent, and that crispy skin… Oh, divine! If you’re usually cooking chicken breast because it’s easier, well, I have to tell you that baking bone-in chicken thighs are just as easy to make.
To season the chicken, I used my Italian Seasoning, and I highly recommend making yours. You can get creative and use any spice mix you prefer. Poultry seasoning is a great alternative, or you can use Taco seasoning. Whatever you prefer will work here.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Thighs
This recipe needs just 2 pounds of chicken and a few spices. I love sharing recipes that don’t require tons of ingredients.
- bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- olive oil or melted butter
- garlic powder
- Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
How to Make Baked Crispy Thighs
The secret of making crispy and juicy chicken thighs is to choose bone-in and skin on. When baked at a higher temperature, the skin crips up nicely, and the bone brings so much flavor while keeping the meat moist. Here are a few steps you should follow to get the best results:
- Make sure you wash and pat dry the chicken with clean paper towels before Seasoning just as I show in this video. This will prevent the chicken from getting soggy instead of crispy.
- Generously drizzle with olive oil and rub your favorite chicken seasonings on both sides.
- Use a baking sheet lined with foil to prevent them from sticking.
- It’s Important to preheat the oven to 425F and bake them for about 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Once done, serve warm with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
How long to cook chicken?
The best way to tell if your chicken is done and safe to eat is by using a meat thermometer. Insert it in the thickest part of the meat without touching the bone. 165F is the safe internal temperature you should aim for.
However, If you don’t have a meat thermometer, bake the meat until all the juices that come from the chicken are run clear and not pink around the bone.
Here are some recommended guidelines for baking bone-in chicken thigs:
- 350°F – 50-55 minutes
- 375°F – 45-50 minutes
- 400°F – 40-45 minutes
- 425°F – 35-40 minutes
If cooking boneless skinless chicken thighs, reduce the cooking time with about 10 minutes.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Keto Teriyaki Chicken
- Easy and Juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- One-Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken – Easy & Low Carb
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C and line a baking sheet with foil or spray it with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and Italian Seasoning.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven or until the chicken reaches an inner temperature of 165°F. You can broil for an extra 2-3 minutes to crisp even more.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.