Super moist, soft, fluffy, and topped with luscious sugar-free coffee frosting, this almond flour coffee loaf cake is easy to make and super delicious but also gluten-free, sugar-free, and perfect as a sweet treat in the morning!
This keto cake recipe is a coffee lover’s dream come true decadent gluten-free coffee cake that’s incredibly delicious with only 5g net carbs per serving.
Trust me, this sweet treat will become one of your favorite low-carb cake recipes. Made with ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your pantry and loaded with coffee flavors, this dessert is love at first bite, guaranteed.
Is there anything better than a cup of hot coffee and a slice of moist cake in the morning? This almond flour coffee cake is the best I’ve ever had. So, make this recipe and enjoy a flavorful, festive, moist, gluten-free dessert this Christmas with your family.
I’m a big fan of those delicious and fancy sweet treat recipes that require only a few minutes of prep. And just like my keto ingerbread loaf, keto fruit cake, and double chocolate pound cake, this almond flour coffee loaf cake requires only 10 minutes of prep, without spending too much time in the kitchen.
What Is Almond Flour Coffee Loaf Cake Recipe?
The Almond Flour Coffee Loaf Cake is a delicious gluten-free dessert recipe that combines the rich essence of coffee in a moist and soft loaf cake made from almond flour. Just imagine a moist, golden-brown loaf that’s super easy to make using naturally low-carb ingredients and extremely easy to find.
Perfect for any occasion, from holiday dinners to family gatherings, this cake is more than a dessert; it’s a delicious experience that leaves a lasting impression.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Coffee Loaf Cake Recipe
- It’s super easy to make. This recipe is perfect for both experienced bakers and those new to the kitchen.
- Incredibly delicious, fluffy, moist, and loaded with coffee flavors.
- Made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Has only 5g net carbs per serving.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can serve this coffee loaf cake in the morning with a cup of coffee at a dinner party or at work as a sweet treat.
- Perfect for the holiday season.
- You can make it ahead of time.
The ingredients used to make this gluten-free coffee loaf cake are basic and easy to find, and it’s likely to have most of them in your kitchen. Here is a list of everything you need:
For The Cake
- Eggs – used to add moisture to the cake. Use large room-temperature eggs.
- Almond Flour – use super fine blanched almond flour for a fluffy cake.
- Coconut Flour – helps to balance the moisture from other ingredients like almond flour.
- Baking Powder – a great leavening agent that helps the cake rise.
- Heavy Cream – used to add moisture and creaminess to the cake.
- Sweetener – feel free to use any keto-friendly sweetener like powdered Allulose, Erythritol, Monk fruit, or your favorite low-carb sweetener blend.
- Butter – this is a good source of healthy fats that adds a buttery texture and flavor to the coffee loaf cake.
- Vanilla Extract – enhances the overall flavor of the cake.
- Instant Coffee – you can also replace it with espresso powder or coffee extract.
For The Frosting
- Cream Cheese – use full-fat room-temperature cream cheese to ensure it mixes well without creating any lumps.
- Butter – you will need unsalted room-temperature butter.
- Sweetener – feel free to use any low-carb sweetener. Just make sure that it is powdered.
- Vanilla Extract – You can replace it with a coffee extract.
- Espresso Powder – elevates the coffee flavors in this gluten-free cake.
How To Make This Almond Flour Coffee Loaf Cake Recipe
Another great thing about this easy coffee loaf cake recipe is that it’s super easy to prepare without needing cooking skills. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
Preheat the Oven
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F /180°C and lining a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
Making The Coffee Cake Batter
In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla extract, and instant coffee. Mix for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy and well-combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients—almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Add softened butter and continue mixing until a smooth batter forms.
Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, using a spatula to smooth the top for a uniform bake evenly.
Baking The Coffee Cake
Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Make the Frosting
While the loaf bakes, prepare the frosting by mixing the cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sweetener, instant coffee, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes.
Cool and Frost
Once the loaf is baked, allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, spread the prepared frosting over the loaf, and sprinkle some coffee on top for an extra touch.
Tips For Making The Best Almond Flour Coffee Loaf Cake
- Use Room Temperature Ingredients: Always use room temperature eggs and cream cheese to ensure even mixing and a smoother batter.
- Allow the cake to cool fully before frosting. This prevents the frosting from melting.
- Check for Doneness: Start checking for doneness around 30-35 minutes. The toothpick should come out mostly clean.
- Ensure you don’t overmix the batter if you want to have a fluffy texture.
- I recommend sifting the powdered sweetener and flour to avoid any lumps.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla extract, and instant coffee until frothy to add air to the mixture and create a lighter texture to the cake.
- Add some orange extract for a delicious Christmas flavor.
- Add chopped nuts into the batter for some extra crunch.
- Add some sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolatey twist. The combination of coffee and chocolate is divine.
- Instead of a loaf, pour the batter into muffin tins and adjust the baking time to 20 minutes to make delicious keto coffee muffins.
How To Store Almond Flour Coffee Loaf Cake
- Fridge: this coffee loaf cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: place leftover slices in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months!
How Do I Know When The Loaf Is Fully Baked?
Use a toothpick inserted into the center – it should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! The loaf can be baked in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Frost it just before serving to maintain freshness.
More Keto Loaf Cake Recipes
- Keto Marble Cake – Chocolate Vanilla Marble Pound Cake
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread – Low-Carb Recipe
- Keto Banana Bread
- Keto Zucchini Bread – 3g Net Carbs
- Perfect Keto Strawberry Bread – Just 3g net carbs!
Almond Flour Coffee Loaf Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F /180°C and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla extract, and instant coffee in a large mixing bowl for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture becomes frothy.5 large eggs, 3/4 cup sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp instant coffee, 3 tbsp heavy cream
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.2 cups almond flour, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then add the softened butter and mix until a smooth batter forms.3 tbsp butter
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- While the bread cools, prepare the frosting by mixing the cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sweetener, instant coffee, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes or until it becomes smooth and creamy.8 oz cream cheese, 3 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp espresso powder
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Once the loaf is cool, spread the frosting evenly and sprinkle with additional coffee powder for decoration.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.