This Keto Gingerbread Loaf is a delicious spiced keto cake that tastes just like the holidays. Made with almond flour and ginger, then topped with a sugar-free cinnamon cream cheese frosting it’s the perfect recipe for Christmas morning or any time of the day.
Do you know what I love about gingerbread loaf? That delicious smell spreads in the house while it is baking. It smells like Christmas, gifts, and winter. So, if you want to enjoy a perfectly spiced low carb gingerbread loaf, you can make this homemade grain-free cake in under 60 minutes.
Gingerbread is a traditional dessert of winter holidays around the world, and its recipes are similar, only their shape differs or the way they are presented. It can be made in different forms like biscuits, balls, cake on a tray, or in the form of a cake, as you can see in this cake recipe.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Gingerbread Cake
- Ingredients for the Keto Gingerbread Loaf
- How To Make Keto Gingerbread Loaf
- Tips For Making The Best Keto Gingerbread Loaf
- Recipe Variations
- How To Store Keto Gingerbread Loaf Leftovers
- Other Bread Recipes for You to Try:
- Keto Gingerbread Loaf with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Gingerbread Cake
This keto dessert looks super festive, and I’m sure everyone will be impressed. Here are some reasons:
- Extremely easy to make.
- Incredibly spiced, fluffy, and moist
- Made with naturally low carb ingredients.
- Perfect served with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Perfect for the holiday season.
- Delicious topped with cinnamon frosting.
Ingredients for the Keto Gingerbread Loaf
The ingredients used to make this keto gingerbread loaf are basic and easy to find. You probably have most of them in your pantry, especially during the holiday season.
For the Keto Gingerbread Cake
- Eggs – use eggs that are at room temperature. They can be replaced with flaxseed eggs for a vegan keto cake.
- Almond and Coconut Flour – is my favorite mix of keto flour that I use super often when I’m baking keto goodies.
- Baking Powder – helps the gingerbread loaf rise and become super fluffy.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Gingerbread Spices – Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and nutmeg are the best spices for gingerbread!
- Blackstrap Molasses – Molasses is a sweet, sticky, black syrup that adds great color and flavor to this gingerbread loaf. It’s slightly higher in carbs, but it gives that brown color and robust taste.
- Sweetener – you can use your favorite powdered sweetener. Mine is Erythritol. You can also use this brown sugar alternative (Use “LOWCARBSPARK10” at checkout for 10% discount) for some extra flavor.
- Butter – you can use coconut oil instead of butter.
- Vanilla – use the best quality vanilla extract that you can find.
Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese – you can also use mascarpone cheese, but make sure that it is at room temperature.
- Butter – use unsalted room temperature butter.
- Sweetener – powdered sweetener is required for this frosting so it melts easier into the cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract – you can replace it with orange flavor.
- Cinnamon – this is optional, but it tastes delicious in this frosting recipe.
How To Make Keto Gingerbread Loaf
It’s effortless to whip up this grain-free keto gingerbread cake. Once you get all your ingredients ready, follow a few easy steps to make the best quick holiday treat.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients using a silicone spatula.
- Incorporate the wet ones, and mix until well combined. While mixing all ingredients, add and in the black molasses.
- Put the batter into a loaf pan, and bake it for about 50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- While the loaf is baking, make the cream cheese frosting. Mix all the ingredients for about 4 minutes using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- When the loaf is completely cool, you can spread the cream cheese filling on the loaf.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Gingerbread Loaf
- Make sure that you don’t overmix the batter if you want to have a fluffy texture.
- Insert a wooden skewer or toothpick into the center of the loaf to see if it is cooked. When it comes out clean, it’s done!
- I recommend sifting the powdered sweetener before you start making the frosting to avoid any lumps.
- Feel free to use any sugar-free prepacked gingerbread spice mix.
Although this recipe is perfect as it is, you can play with flavors:
- Add some orange extract to complete the Christmas flavors.
- Add some chopped nuts into the batter for some extra crunch.
- Cranberries are also paired perfectly with this recipe.
You can also turn this recipe into a muffin pan. Divide the batter between 12 muffin liners and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
How To Store Keto Gingerbread Loaf Leftovers
- Fridge: this gingerbread loaf can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days.
- Freezer: place leftover slices in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Other Bread Recipes for You to Try:
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread – Low-Carb Recipe
- Keto Cranberry Orange Bread with Sugar-Free Glaze
- Keto Banana Bread – Low Carb Recipe
- Easy Keto Vanilla Pound Cake – Low-Carb Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
Keto Gingerbread Loaf with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F /180°C. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer and mix for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs look frothy.
- Combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking powder.
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients. Add the softened butter and mix until a smooth batter is formed. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer the batter to a loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven or until cooked through (it should pass the toothpick test).
- Make the Frosting: Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat them for 2 minutes until the cream cheese frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, evenly spread the frosting and sprinkle some cinnamon or keto candied pecans.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: