This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball recipe is easy to make and a hit at every party. It’s the best cheese ball recipe, super creamy, loaded with crispy bacon, chives, and sharp cheddar. Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s a must-have appetizer for any holiday table!
Making a cheese ball recipe is easy and tastes even better made a few days in advance. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether you are making it for a party or a snack! Served with cheddar crackers, this homemade cheese ball is definitely a crowd favorite.
Forget those appetizers that take hours to prepare. If you have an unexpected guest or need a quick snack, this cheese ball is packed with flavor and comes together quickly. It’s sure to become one of your favorites.
Why Are You Going To Love This Classic Cheese Ball
- You can make it ahead of time.
- It is ideal for the holidays as an appetizer, birthday party, or potluck.
- It’s extremely easy to make in just 15 minutes.
- Loaded with tons of flavor.
What Is Ranch Dip Powder?
Ranch Dip Powder is made of buttermilk powder, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, dried onion, and pepper. And since these ingredients are extremely common in almost any pantry, you can make this ranch dip powder at your home.
Ingredients For This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
You will be surprised to see that you need just a few easy ingredients to create a delicious appetizer. Here is everything you need:
- Cream Cheese – It’s essential that your cream cheese is at room temperature. This ensures a smooth and even mix. Whether you prefer full fat for richness or low fat for a lighter touch, both options will work well in this recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese – Buy a block of sharp cheddar cheese and grate it yourself for the best flavor and texture.
- Crispy Bacon – There’s something undeniably satisfying about oven-baked bacon. It provides an even crispiness that’s perfect for this recipe. Simply line them on a baking sheet and let your oven do the magic.
- Ranch Dip Powder – You can buy packets of this seasoning mix from the store or make homemade ranch seasoning at home.
- Chives – this ingredient adds freshness and color to the cheese ball. You can also use finely chopped green onion.
How To Make Homemade Cheese Ball
I don’t think I’ve seen a tastier appetizer that’s easier to make than this cheese ball. So here is everything you have to do:
Start by gathering all your ingredients. This will make the process smoother and ensure you have everything you need.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the room-temperature cream cheese, finely grated cheddar, crumbled bacon, ranch seasoning mix, and diced chives or green onions.
- Using a spatula or your hands, mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and evenly distributed.
Shape the Cheese Ball
- Lay out a sizable piece of plastic wrap on your countertop.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the plastic wrap.
- Gather the edges of the plastic wrap around the mixture, shaping it into a ball.
- Wrap the cheese ball tightly with the plastic wrap, ensuring it’s fully covered.
Place the wrapped cheese ball in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour. This will help it firm up and the flavors to meld together.
- After chilling, unwrap the cheese ball, place it on a serving plate with crackers and veggies, and invite everyone to dig (or dip) in!
- Invite your guests to spread or dip and enjoy!
PRO TIP – You can beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, then add the rest of the ingredients. Makes this recipe even easier.
Tips and Recipe Variations
- Herb Cream Cheese Variation: For an aromatic twist, consider using herb cream cheese as your base. The infused herbs add depth to the flavors and reduce the need for additional seasonings. If you opt for herb cream cheese, remember to adjust other seasonings and ingredients to ensure a balanced taste.
- Optimal Cream Cheese Consistency: Ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature before starting. This will make it much more manageable and smoother to mix.
- Add Some Heat: Want a little kick? Add chopped jalapenos, a dash of hot sauce, or a sprinkle of Sriracha to elevate the flavors.
- Serving Tip: Let the cheese ball sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before digging in. This ensures a smoother, more spreadable consistency.
- Cheese Varieties: Don’t limit yourself to one type of cheese! You can use Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, or Mild Cheddar. For a more complex flavor profile, mix and match your cheeses.
- A Festive Finish: For an added touch of elegance and texture, roll your cheese ball in chopped roasted pecans. Not only does it enhance the taste, but it also gives it a festive appearance.
Can I Make Cheeseballs Bites Instead Of Big One?
Sure, this is a great idea if you have a lot of guests.
Form small cheese balls and roll them through different toppings such as black or white sesame, bacon, chives, or crushed crackers.
Place them on a large plate next to some crackers or veggies and let everyone choose their favorites.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball ahead of time and eat it whenever you want. Make the ball exactly like I did in this recipe, and store it in the fridge until you want to eat it.
How To Serve This Cheese Ball
You can serve these bacon ranch cheese balls in many ways:
- Crackers: Offer an assortment such as cheddar crackers, whole grain, and gluten-free options.
- Bread: Thinly sliced baguette or rustic bread toasts add a nice touch.
- Fresh Vegetables: Carrot sticks, celery stalks, bell pepper strips, and cucumber slices are refreshing and crunchy choices.
- Dried Fruits: For a sweet contrast, consider offering dried apricots, figs, or dates.
- Nuts: If you haven’t coated your cheese ball in nuts, you can also serve a side of roasted almonds or walnuts for added crunch.
How To Store
- Refrigerator: This Cheese Ball is best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days. I recommend removing it from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving for the best texture.
- Freezer: I’m not a fan of freezing cream cheese-based recipes as they become crumbly and less creamy. However, you can freeze the cheese ball for up to one month, then thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes? Try these:
- Easy Authentic Pico de Gallo
- Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Super Easy Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Tomato & Mozzarella Pesto Caprese Skewers – 4 ingredients
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 16 oz full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar finely grated
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp ranch dip powder
- 1/4 cup diced chives or chopped green onions
- fresh vegetables for serving
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, crumbled bacon, ranch powder, and green onions to a large mixing bowl. Use a silicone spatula or wooden spoon to mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap, cover tightly, and shape into a ball shape.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
- Remove the plastic wrap, transfer to a serving platter, and enjoy with crackers or vegetables.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: