This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball recipe is easy to make and a hit at every party. It’s the best cheese ball recipe, super creamy, loaded with crispy bacon, chives, and sharp cheddar. Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s a must-have appetizer for any holiday table!
Making a cheese ball recipe is easy and tastes even better made a few days in advance. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether you are making it for a party or a snack! Served with cheddar crackers, this homemade cheese ball is definitely a crowd favorite.
Forget about those appetizers that take hours to make. Instead, if you face an unexpected visit or need a quick snack, this cheeseball is packed with flavor, comes together fast, and it’s surely become one of your favorites.
Why Are You Going To Love This Classic Cheese Ball
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Ideal for the holidays as an appetizer, birthday party, or potluck.
- It’s extremely easy to make in just 15 minutes.
- Loaded with tons of flavor.
What Is Ranch Dip Powder?
Ranch Dip Powder is made of buttermilk powder, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, dried onion, and pepper. And since these ingredients are extremely common in almost any pantry, you can make this ranch dip powder at your home.
Ingredients For This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
You will be surprised to see that you need just a few easy ingredients to create a delicious appetizer. Here is everything you need:
- Cream Cheese – make sure that it is at room temperature to be able to mix well. Use either full-fat or low-fat cream cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese – Buy a block of sharp cheddar cheese and grate it yourself for the best flavor and texture.
- Crispy Bacon – I love cooking my bacon in the oven.
- Ranch Dip Powder – you can buy it or make it by yourself.
- Chives – this ingredient adds freshness and color to the cheese ball. You can also use finely chopped green onion.
How To Make Homemade Cheese Ball
I don’t think I’ve seen a tastier appetizer that’s easier to make than this cheese ball. So here is everything you have to do:
- Start by preparing all your ingredients.
- Cook your bacon in the oven until it is crunchy, and break it into small pieces.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine them well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place the cream cheese mixture onto a plastic wrap and shape the cheese ball. Wrap the ball tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about an hour to chill.
- Place it on a serving plate with crackers and veggies and invite everyone to dig (or dip) in!
PRO TIP- You can beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, then add the rest of the ingredients. Makes this recipe even easier.
Tips and Recipe Variations
- It’s essential to use room-temperature cream cheese, so it’s easier to mix.
- To spice things up, add some chopped jalapenos, hot sauce, or Sriracha.
- When ready to enjoy, let the cheese bowl at room temperature for about 10 minutes, so it’s easier to spread or dip.
- Use your favorite shredded cheese such as Colby Jack, Monterey Jack cheese, Mozzarella, or Mild Cheddar. Feel free to use a mixture of cheeses if you prefer.
- Coat the cheese ball in roasted pecans for an extra festive look.
Can I Make Cheeseballs Bites Instead Of Big One?
Sure, this is a great idea if you have a lot of guests.
Form small cheese balls and roll them through different toppings such as black or white sesame, bacon, chives, or crushed crackers.
Place them on a large plate next to some crackers or veggies and let everyone choose their favorites.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball ahead of time and eat it whenever you want. Make the ball exactly like I did in this recipe and store it in the fridge until you want to eat it.
How To Serve This Cheese Ball
You can serve these bacon ranch cheese balls in many ways:
- My favorite way is serving these cheese balls with some keto crackers or seeds crackers.
- With your favorite veggies such as cucumbers, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, celery, carrots.
How To Store
- Refrigerator: This Cheese Ball is best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days. I recommend removing it from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving for the best texture.
- Freezer: I’m not a fan of freezing cream cheese-based recipes as they become crumbly and less creamy. However, you can freeze the cheese ball for up to one month, then thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes? Try these:
- Easy Authentic Pico de Gallo
- Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Super Easy Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Tomato & Mozzarella Pesto Caprese Skewers – 4 ingredients
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar finely grated
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp ranch dip powder
- 1/4 cup diced chives or chopped green onions
- fresh vegetables for serving
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, crumbled bacon, ranch powder, and green onions to a large mixing bowl. Use a silicone spatula or wooden spoon to mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap, cover tightly, and shape into a ball shape.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
- Remove the plastic wrap, transfer to a serving platter, and enjoy with crackers or vegetables.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: