These low carb cheddar cheese crackers are just as delicious are regular cheese crackers you get from the store. Made with just a few ingredients, these crispy keto crackers are a perfect make-ahead snack. You’ll make crispy and crunchy crackers in less than 30 minutes. 2 grams net carbs per serving!
I’m a huge snacker, and when my cravings hit, I love making some keto cheese chips, seeds crackers, or my favorite keto graham crackers.
Slightly similar in taste to my keto tortilla chips, these low carb cheddar cheese crackers are crispy, cheesy, and crunchy.
Have you already run out of keto snacks, but now you’re craving a savory snack? Don’t worry, I was in this situation, and if you have a block of cheddar cheese in your fridge, you have to try these homemade cheddar cheese crackers. I’m sure it’s going to become a staple!
Why Are You Going To Love These Low Carb Crackers
- taste just like the famous Cheez-Its
- easy to make in just 30 minutes
- stay crispy and crunchy for days
- made with almond flour and cheddar cheese
Ingredients For Low Carb Cheddar Cheese Crackers
You can make perfectly crispy almond flour crackers with fabulous cheddar flavor, using just a simple combo of eggs, cheese, almond flour, and spices.
- Almond Flour – make sure that you use blanched super fine almond flour. Don’t try to replace it with coconut flour.
- Cheddar Cheese – pre-shredded Cheese typically has anti-caking ingredients that prevent it from fully integrating into the dough. I recommend grating your cheese at home.
- Paprika – use smoked paprika for a pleasant smoky flavor.
- Garlic & onion powder
- Eggs – used to bind all the ingredients together
- Olive Oil – a touch of olive oil to give these crackers the best taste.
How to Make Keto Cheddar Cheese Crackers?
You might think that making homemade cheddar crackers, it’s super complicated. So this recipe might sound a little tricky, but make sure to watch the step-by-step video to see exactly how to make these keto cheddar cheese crackers.
- Start by preheating your oven and grating the cheddar cheese.
- Make the Cheddar Crackers Dough – In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, grated cheddar cheese, eggs, olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Use your hands to knead the dough for about one minute until a dough forms.
- Roll out the low carb homemade crackers using two sheets of parchment paper to 1/8 inch thick. You can chill the dough to make it easier to roll.
- Cut into 1/2 inch squares using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and break into crackers.
Tips For The Best Low Carb Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- Chill the dough for about 20 minutes to make it easier to roll and cut into your preferred shape.
- Use sharp cheddar cheese that has been freshly shredded.
- If you want a strong garlicky flavor, use fresh garlic minced instead of garlic powder.
- Make sure the crackers aren’t too thick, or else they on crisp up while baking.
- Use your favorite herbs and spices, such as everything but bagel seasoning, rosemary, or taco seasoning.
Why is My Dough Crumbly?
The moisture content of some cheeses is lower than that of others. If your dough is crumbly after combining all of the ingredients together, add a tablespoon of water at a time until it comes together. Also, make sure you’re using blanched superfine almond flour rather than an almond meal. Coconut flour won’t work!
- Finely chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, can be incorporated into the dough.
- Seeds such as sesame, poppy, or crushed sunflower seeds can be spread over the no carb crackers.
- If you want a little heat, you can add some red pepper chili flakes.
How To Store Cheddar Crackers
- Once they’ve cooled fully, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: You can freeze the dough and bake some crackers whenever you want. Just roll the dough in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to three months.
Can I Make Gluten-Free Crackers in My Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make air fryer cheddar crackers. Just make the crackers dough as instructed, then arrange them in your air fryer basket and bake at 350F/ 180C for 8 minutes. Flip them halfway.
Low Carb Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- 2 cups almond flour superfine, blanched
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp paprika I used smoked
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients until a ball of dough forms. If the dough looks too dry, add a few tablespoons of cold water.
- Grab a sheet of parchment paper and add the ball of dough on top.
- Slightly flatten the dough with your hands and place another sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a large rectangle to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 1-inch squares. I used a ruler to figure out where to cut the dough for perfect squares.
- Transfer the cheddar crackers to a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then break into crackers. Makes about 100 crackers.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
Could you use sunflower seed flour instead due to nut allergies?
I’m not sure how these would taste with sunflower seed, but it should work since these flours have the same consistency. If you try it, let me know how it turned out!
Hi there, thank you for this recipe! So no need to melt the cheddar cheese and then combine with almond flour? Please advise. Thanks!
That’s right. You just add the shredded cheddar to the mixture, but I shred the cheese at home. You can check the step-by-step video on my youtube channel. If you try the recipe, let me know how the crackers turned out!!