This Big Mac salad is loaded with hearty ground beef, fresh lettuce, tomato, and an incredible Big Mac sauce that tastes just like the original. In under 20 minutes, make the best gluten-free keto cheeseburger salad that’s nutritious and crazy delicious!
Following a keto diet doesn’t mean completely giving up the Big Mac’s flavor. You can still enjoy all the flavors but in a different form. This easy low carb Big Mac salad recipe is topped with a big mac sauce copycat.
And trust me when I say that it tastes EXACTLY like the real thing, but without the carbs!
That’s right; you can enjoy the flavor of a satisfying Big Mac Cheeseburger with this incredibly delicious low carb salad that’s loaded with healthy fats and high-quality protein.
The only difference is that we’ll skip the bun to reduce the carbs. However, you can make my buns that are only 2g net carbs each. It will quickly become your favorite family dinner.
Made with only a few ingredients, this keto-friendly low carb salad will satisfy your fast-food cravings and keep you on track to reach your goals.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it comes with a sugar-free Big Mac sauce recipe that will blow you up.
Reasons You’ll Love this Big Mac Salad Recipe
Maybe you think that a salad will never replace a burger. Well, that’s what I thought too, but trust me, guys, all you have to do is take a bite, and you will be surprised.
Here are some reasons that will convince you to make this low carb Big Mac salad:
- Has the flavors of a Big Mac but without the carbs.
- It’s naturally low carb and keto-friendly.
- Perfect for meal prep – Just cook the ground beef in advance, chop the vegetables, and make the sauce. Store in the fridge, then assemble when ready to eat.
- The Big Mac copycat dressingpairs well with anything.
Ingredients For Big Mac Salad
You’ll be surprised to discover that you can prepare a highly delicious Keto Big Mac Salad with just a few easy ingredients that are super common:
- Ground Beef – I used 85% lean meat since I don’t want to drain tons of fat once it is done cooking. You can use your favorite ground meat, such as turkey. Leftover hamburger patties are a great option; chop them off and top the salad.
- Lettuce – Feel free to use any lettuce you like. Some of my favorites are iceberg lettuce or Romaine lettuce. Both of these are super convenient and so crunchy.
- Tomatoes – I used fresh tomatoes from my garden, but you can use the kind f tomatoes you like.
- Pickles – I used homemade pickles that are made without sugar. Before if buying them, make sure that you check the ingredients list, and if you see sugar listed, get another one. The pickles should be crisp and fresh.
- Cheddar Cheese – I love the bright yellow color of cheddar cheese and also the creamy taste.
- Red Onion – must be chopped as thinly as possible.
Big Mac Sauce Dressing Ingredients
This special burger sauce requires just a few ingredients, and the result is incredible. Don’t skip this dressing, it’s what gives that authentic Big Mac flavor.
- Mayonnaise – Read the label carefully since mayonnaise can contain added sugar.
- Pickle Relish
- Yellow Mustard – You are free to use your favorite brand.
- Seasonings – paprika, garlic, and onion powder.
This low carb big mac salad is similar to my favorite taco salad that’s also loaded with beef and healthy greens.
How To Make Big Mac Salad
To make this delicious Keto Big Mac Salad, you have to follow some easy steps.
Making The Big Mac Sauce
Start by making the big mac sauce and store it in the fridge, so the flavors develop while cooking everything else.
Browning The Beef
Cook the ground beef – Season with salt and pepper and brown over medium heat until cooked through and crispy. Drain any fats if necessary.
Prepare the Vegetables
Cut the lettuce, onions, dill pickles, and tomatoes into small pieces. Grate the cheese as well.
Assemble the Big Mac Salad
Start with a layer of lettuce, then add the cheddar cheese, the vegetables, and ground meat. Then top with a generous amount of the sauce and dig into this delicious Big Mac Burger Bowl.
Tips For Making The Best Big Mac Salad
- If you want to reduce fat and calories from this meal, you can also use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
- I recommend using the fattiest ground beef you can find.
- Feel free to season the ground beef with extra spices while it cooks. Garlic powder and onion powder are some great options.
- Drain the fat from the meat after cooking it.
Is This Big Mac Salad Healthy?
Certainly, yes, this low carb Big Mac salad is healthy. Besides the fact that this meal is only made using fresh vegetables and protein-packed lean ground beef, you know exactly what it contains. And you can also easily adjust it and add ingredients that you like.
How To Store
Fridge: This salad can be stored in the fridge for a maximum of two days, and that’s because, after two days, it becomes soggy.
You can store the dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week, but make sure to give it a good stir before using it.
When ready to serve, give the salad a good mix and add the toppings and dressing if they were stored separately.
Variations For Keto Big Mac Salad
- Add some cooked bacon for an additional boost in flavor.
- If you can’t imagine eating big mac without the bread, you can replace the regular bread with keto buns or oopsie bread.
Even if this salad is perfect on its own, we have here some great options of buns and tortillas that pair perfectly with it.
Looking for More Keto Salad Recipes? Try these:
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Best Easy and Healthy Tuna Salad – Keto & Low Carb Recipe
- Easy Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- Easy Italian Caprese Salad Recipe
Big Mac Salad – Keto Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
Big Mac Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp sweetener optional
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Cook the ground beef: In a large skillet, add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high heat until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Make the Big Mac Sauce – In a medium bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients until combined. For a thinner dressing, add one tablespoon of water and mix well.
- Assemble the Salad: Into a large bowl, add lettuce, chopped tomatoes, dill pickles, onion slices, shredded cheddar cheese, and cooked ground beef. Top with the Big Mac Dressing and toss to combine. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: