This broccoli salad is a crowd-pleaser and a perfect summer salad. It’s a mouthwatering combination of crispy broccoli, bacon, cheese, toasted almonds, red onion, and a creamy homemade mayonnaise dressing. It’s a perfect keto meal or a side for any of your favorite protein!
Loaded with tons of flavor this salad it’s delicious served on its own.
Ingredients for Keto Broccoli Salad
The beauty of this broccoli salad recipe is how a few ingredients combined tun into a flavorful meal. Imagine raw broccoli florets, crispy bacon, delicious almond flakes.
For a hint of sweetness, you can add dried cranberries. Here are the ingredients needed for my favorite broccoli salad:
- Crispy Bacon
- Cheddar Cheese
- Toasted Almonds
- Red Onion
- Dried Cranberries*
*For a keto broccoli salad leave out dried cranberries since they are usually high in carbs and have tons of added sugars.
Use sunflower seeds or toasted hazelnuts instead of almond flakes. Cheese is mandatory, so add your favorite! I prefer adding aged cheddar cheese.
Goat cheese or feta is a perfect addition for even more creaminess.
How To Make Broccoli Salad
Making this cold broccoli salad is extremely easy. In fact, there’s no cooking involved except the bacon.
You can cook the bacon in advance and have it ready to add to this 5-minute salad.
- Take a big head of broccoli, wash and chop into small florets using a sharp knife.
- Once, you’re done with the broccoli chop a medium red onion and make some cheddar cheese cubes.
- Throw all these into a big bowl along with almond flakes and cranberries.
- It’s time to make the flavorful, creamy, and tangy dressing by simply combining the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, sweetener, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli salad ingredients and toss them well to coat evenly.
Make sure bacon bits and cheese cubes are well distributed through the salad.
To Cook or Not to Cook Broccoli
I prefer raw broccoli and that’s recommended in most broccoli salads. Just make sure to cut it into small florets to make it easier to chew.
The Broccoli salad dressing is made with apple cider vinegar that slightly softens the broccoli. Uncooked broccoli provides more nutrients and it is super crunchy.
I suggest steaming it for a few minutes if you don’t like eating raw broccoli. Let it completely cool down before making this insanely delicious salad.
Is Broccoli Keto?
Other Recipes You Might Like
- 20 Minute Creamy and Cheesy Broccoli with Bacon
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 15 Minute Oven Roasted Healthy Chicken and Vegetables
Easy Broccoli Salad
- 5 cups broccoli cut into small florets
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds or almonds flakes toasted
- ½ cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- ¼ cup cranberries*
- In a large bowl add 5 cups of broccoli, bacon, red onion, cranberries*, and cheddar cheese.
- To make the dressing combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour the prepared dressing over and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate broccoli salad for at least one hour before serving. Stir it well again. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.